Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

GONE : Le Meridien Khao Lak, Thailand (leaving Starwood 31 Oct 2014) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GONE : Le Meridien Khao Lak, Thailand (leaving Starwood 31 Oct 2014) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2008, 1:12 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Not sure what may be preventing this hotel from being booked online as an award stay for 12/24-31-2008, but it can be booked through the Customer Contact Center, so I suggest calling until we are able to sort it out.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Feb 12, 2008, 8:47 pm

Don't know why its not bookable online either. I was able to call SPG and get the reservation done without issue.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 11:14 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by hindukid
Don't know why its not bookable online either. I was able to call SPG and get the reservation done without issue.
Well, as it turns out, the online booking was foiled by a combination of two things:

1) award reservations for Category 1 & 2 properties cannot be booked for seven days on one booking. They have to be broken down into five days and two days to get seven.

2) the hotel apparently has a 6-day minimum length of stay requirement built into this time frame.

So, it just can't be booked online under these particular circumstances.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Feb 13, 2008, 3:37 pm

Let's see, that's $2,800 worth of room rate for 26,000 points. Don't you feel the least bit guilty?

It's a great place. Have fun.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 4:37 pm
Suspended

Khao Lak Le Meridien in March 2008

I am heading for Khao Lak Le Meridien in March.

Any current advice on:
  • Better President Suite or President Suite?
  • Is breakfast for SPG golds included?
  • Any danger because of possible Tsunami in March/April?
  • If Tsunami: Would I be safe in the President Suite?
  • What is the cheapest way to travel from the airport to the hotel? Is there any public transportation?
Old Feb 27, 2008, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Not sure the difference between the 'President Suite' and 'President Suite'. There are two Oceanfront Residences, a one bedroom and a two bedroom. These were previously known as presidential villas.

Breakfast isn't included for Golds, but is included on many rates.

March/April should be a great time to visit.

As for transport, you're willing to pay for the Presidential villa but won't spring for a hotel Camry? (I'm guessing this isn't the last vestiges of the UGX rate, I don't think that was bookable much past Sept '07).
Old Feb 28, 2008, 7:26 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Didi
I am heading for Khao Lak Le Meridien in March.

Any current advice on:
  • Is breakfast for SPG golds included?
  • Any danger because of possible Tsunami in March/April?
  • If Tsunami: Would I be safe in the President Suite?
  • What is the cheapest way to travel from the airport to the hotel? Is there any public transportation?

1) Hm, don't get your topic
2) in nearly all rates Breakfast is included. If not, Gold members won't get it for free
3) Depends on the earthquake risk for this area.
4) don't know
5) mail the LM. They will arrange transportation from HKT-airport to the LM. It's a little bit more expensive than a cap with taximeter.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:06 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by hindukid
Khao Lak vs. Krabi

Anybody been to both. Which hotel is nicer. We are going for our honeymoon. I think khao lak looks nicer in the pictures, but maybe Krabi has more to do. I say go to both, but fiancee wants to pick one and not hotel hop.
My girlfriend and I went to both last year and we liked Khao Lak more. For a honeymoon I would opt for Khao Lak. The hotel is nicer and the area (beach, etc.) is much nicer. Krabi has things to see and do but like others have said you will need to bus or boat to see/do them. If you want to go to Koh Phi Phi then stay at Krabi. If you want to go to the Similan Islands then stay at Khao Lak. If you want to play with RaRa the baby elephant then stay at Krabi.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:30 pm
Suspended

Any current advice on:
I made a mistake. Wanted to ask for advice regarding
- Royal beach two bedroom villa
or
- Presidential suite

Har har har. Figured out that the breakfast is included in the rate. But guess I will not get any benefits as a gold at all
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Presidential Oceanfront Villa is the same as Royal Beach Villa. There's a one-bedroom and two-bedroom version.

Both are far superior to the Royal Suite, IMHO.

I had been booked 3 nights in the 2-bedroom villa and 3-nights in the royal suite. After seeing pictures of the Royal Suite I asked if I could just stay in the villa the whole time, and was very pleased that they obliged.

Location is right on the beach and you have a private pool. Much better!

I should warn that there wasn't any internet or TV reception that I could manage when I stayed in the 2-bedroom Villa last year.

I made a mistake. Wanted to ask for advice regarding
- Royal beach two bedroom villa
or
- Presidential suite

Har har har. Figured out that the breakfast is included in the rate. But guess I will not get any benefits as a gold at all
Old Feb 28, 2008, 1:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Shot in the dark here, but does anyone know how far out they usually load their rate plans? I have a C&P stay booked there for March 2009, but they don't have rate plans loaded yet (or regular redemption). I was hoping to have the option of booking a higher room category at the cat 2 redemption rates before they jump up, but that looks improbable. Mrs. Goodman, being the conspiracy theorist that she is, thinks rates will magically appear sometime around March 5...

At least I got my C&P reservation at the cat 2 rates.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If they have paid rates available they are supposed to have award rates loaded as well. They do not have to offer upgrade awards for additional points, however.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Transport from Phuket Airport

Originally Posted by SF Pauillac
Just spent a couple of nights at Le Meridien Khao Lak. As far as taxi transfer to/from Phuket airport goes, I was able to get the rate down to 1000 Bhat from Phuket Airport to Khao Lak centre (I was checking out a dive shop there, so didn't go all the way to the Meridien right away). On the return, also from Khao Lak centre, I was able to get a rate of 800 Bhat. So 1300 Bhat seems too much to me, you should be able to get a better rate at the airport when you land. The hotel itself is pretty nice, though I hardly spent any time in it. There's a few services right across the road from the hotel entrance, including a good laundry place (a ton cheaper than at the hotel). The two restaurants right there are very cheap and quite tasty, but aimed at the Thai palate, so beware of the spicing.
This means that I shall pay 1,000 THB including street tolls, right?

Well, I still hope that I can find a public bus from Phuket Airport to Khaolak.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Chinese New Year and Jan-Feb stay?

We may go to the LM Khao Lak next year in late January or early February, which means we might be there for Chinese New Year. Is that a particularly busy or noisy or fun time of year there? And what's late January/early Februry more generally like at the hotel in the area?

Thanks for any info.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 10:59 am

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
We may go to the LM Khao Lak next year in late January or early February, which means we might be there for Chinese New Year. Is that a particularly busy or noisy or fun time of year there? And what's late January/early Februry more generally like at the hotel in the area?

Thanks for any info.
It's business as usual in Thailand for CNY...they don't celebrate CNY. JAN/FEB is a great time to be in Thailand...weather is great everywhere. I've been there there 4 years in row at that time including one year at LM Khao Lak.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.