Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W-Bed. Has anyone purchased one?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2011, 12:24 am

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Bought two of the W beds, a king and a queen, absolute best beds I've ever slept on. Both were the non-pillow top, I think when I was staying at the W I noticed that they weren't pillow tops.

On the beds it definitely says "W Hotels" all over it and even in the lining.

Both years that I bought the beds I was able to get like 30% off (might have even been more!) under an "employee discount" that wasn't very strictly enforced. Check Fatwallet and search for "W Bed" and you will find an excellent thread with all the details.

The pillows are good, too
Old Aug 6, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: UA General Member, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Silver, Hertz 5-star Gold
I bought a King and Twin last month. They are great. They both say "W Hotels" all over them. They are the pillow top variety.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 3:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by robinita13
i bought one of these mattresses within the past year. i am really not happy about this mattress and it already feels like there are dents in it. i wish i coudl return it but they have a no return policy. also, it is one sided so i cannot flip it which might help. don't buy this mattress.
From my experience, the ones sold publicly (via W store or retail store) are not the same ones that are in the hotels. In my case, the middle became very soft and it was hurting my back (after 1.5 yrs). I beleive the ones in the hotels are "industrial strength" models. The retail ones will not last very long in the hotel. Just because is wraped in "W" logo does not make them the same as the hotel versions. Just beware.... and YMMV
Old Aug 8, 2011, 12:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
If anyone is considering buying a bed through starwood, you should also stop by your local mattress store (like a Sleepys) and check out their Simmons mattresses.

When I was doing research online, I discovered that you can generally negotiate nearly 50% off the retail price [FTers should be good at that…]. When I went to Sleepy's I found a Simmons mattress that was similar to the Heavenly Bed that I actually preferred!
Old Aug 8, 2011, 2:40 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by tattikat2
Hello.
I recently received an Email offer from W Hotels for 20% off their beds.
Long story short,I bought a mattress from the W store web site.

However when it arrived it didn't say "the W bed" Instead it said "Simmons worldclass beautyrest Templeton extra firm".

Now the web site does says it's made by Simmons, but it also says it's made exclusively for the W Hotel and is unavailable anywhere else
(as I was also told very excitedly by a sales rep on the phone)

My problem is I have no idea if I've received the "exclusiveW hotel bed" that was advertised on the web site.Or has the wrong one been sent? Or have I been lied too being as the "Templeton" is not an exclusive W Hotel model.
I've emailed the W Hotelstore customer service 4 days ago, but have received no reply.

Has anyone else brought the "WBed" and if so ,what did it say on it?

Thanks for any help
i'm not trying to be rude but you should have done some research on the matter before buying one....and if your bed feels the exact same as the bed in the W...who cares how it is labeled?

Originally Posted by Sam I Am
If anyone is considering buying a bed through starwood, you should also stop by your local mattress store (like a Sleepys) and check out their Simmons mattresses.

When I was doing research online, I discovered that you can generally negotiate nearly 50% off the retail price [FTers should be good at that…]. When I went to Sleepy's I found a Simmons mattress that was similar to the Heavenly Bed that I actually preferred!
ab-so-rute-ry. the W and Westin beds are nice, but you can find something very close and for a lot lot less. same applies to linens as well.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 5:05 am

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
So which bed would you reccomend W, Westin or Sheraton?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:19 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Chriscross
So which bed would you reccomend W, Westin or Sheraton?
Is a personnel decision. My preference may not be that of others. The best thing to do is go to a mattress store and try one of the Simmons Beautyrest beds. The Beautyrest is what *wood beds are all based on. And as others had advise, bargain it down - even on their sales price. You need to play your game, not theirs, as the mattress industry is nothing but a huge shell game.

My wife once offered the mattress salesman a lower price than the sales price and he got really upset demanding how she came to that price and refused to budge. When we started leaving, he accepted our price but the situation got so tense we left.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:11 am

W beds, sheets, pillows, towels etc are on sale at Rue La La today until Sunday. Seems to be 33% +- discount. $9.95 for 30 days unlimited free shipping.

Example: The W Bed Plush Top Mattress & Box Spring w/30-Day Comfort Guarantee & White Glove Delivery, King reg $1,769.00 sale $1,199.90

Not sure if you need to be invited to the sale, but here is my invitation just in case.

http://www.ruelala.com/invite/gregoryyyz
Old Jan 26, 2012, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum RA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
We got the King pillow top last year and I hate it. The pillow top already has pockets forming into it and I'm usually on the road traveling.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:34 am

Sale is on again, ends Thursday 11am est.

Originally Posted by gregv
W beds, sheets, pillows, towels etc are on sale at Rue La La today until Sunday. Seems to be 33% +- discount. $9.95 for 30 days unlimited free shipping.

Example: The W Bed Plush Top Mattress & Box Spring w/30-Day Comfort Guarantee & White Glove Delivery, King reg $1,769.00 sale $1,199.90

Not sure if you need to be invited to the sale, but here is my invitation just in case.

http://www.ruelala.com/invite/gregoryyyz
Old Mar 12, 2012, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by studio253
We got the King pillow top last year and I hate it. The pillow top already has pockets forming into it and I'm usually on the road traveling.
Don't feel as if you're alone. I had 1 delivered @ the end of Dec after having surgery. Finally was able to get thru to a rep on a terrible phone system. An inspector will be out to determine the "pothole" in the center of my bed. I thought potholes were made for the road.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by gregv
Sale is on again, ends Thursday 11am est.
That is not the W Hotel site. It appears to be a reseller. Can anyone vouch for this site?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 5:53 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier, SPG Plat
Ruelala is a reputable seller/site.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 11:12 am

4th W-Hotels bed. Last 2 beds are TERRIBLY soft.

This is the 4th Plush Top W Bed I have purchsed starting in 2006. I purchased a second one in 2009. both of these beds were great. In 2013 I purchased one for my son. He complained that it developed an impression where he slept. I purchased another identical bed in 2014 for our 2nd home. After sleeping in this 4th bed for a month, both my wife and I found it to be way too spongy. I subsequently examined my son's bed and it is the same spongy softness. So, sometime between 2009 and 2013, the company made a huge change to this bed. Since the firmness of the bed is not warranted, I am left with having to buy a replacement someplace else. IMHO, these beds are totally unacceptable and I would not recommend anyone purchase them. I called W-hotels and complained. They confirmed that the two years ago the changed the "specification", and they won't give me my money back. I don't know for a fact, but I can't imagine that they actually use such an uncomfortable bed in commercial hotels.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Thanks for the heads up on this. I'm due to replace my W Hotel bed, the pillow top one soon, I wonder if the change also affect the pillow top ones. I have two of their pillow top beds, bought in 2009 and been very happy with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.