Wiki Posts
Search

W-Bed. Has anyone purchased one?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2005, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Hello.

Well, the delivery service arrived at 9.25pm friday night with......exactly the same Simmons bed that we already had. The exact bed that the W hotel store rep. said was the wrong one!

Good lord! So I'll be back on the phone monday morning to talk about what can be done to sort this out. If the "Templeton" is what they are selling as the "Exclusive W Hotel bed" I shall ask for my money back.

That's not an exclusive product as offered and as such I would feel deceived.

If anyone happened to check the lables on their W Hotel bed this weekend please let me know
Old Nov 6, 2005, 9:59 pm
Original Member

Well, my heavenly bed arrived and I could not be happier. Yes, its a Simmons, and it appears to be an extra firm pillow top. All I can tell you that after years of enjoying them at Westins, I knew what I was getting.

Don't waste money on the linens. You can do just as well as Costco with 500tc sateen sheets and down pillows. Just remeber to by two sets, since you need the extra two pillow cases and you will want to triple sheet the bed. Costco also sells a down blanket.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 12:53 pm

Programs: NW, Marriott, Starwood
Just a question - I noticed that they sell both the pillowtop and plush top mattresses (Heavenly and W beds). What's the difference? Now that I want one, I don't have another stay to compare or look under the bedding......Thanks!!
Old Nov 14, 2005, 9:36 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA MM Lifetime Gold, BA Silver
sorry for taking so long to post this promised post - but, i finally did check the mattress tags and it looks like my W bed does indeed have the "Simmons Starwood Plush" tag. Hope this helps.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Hello all,
Does anyone know if I can still get a 20% off coupon at one of the Ws?
Thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2011, 9:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue
I hate to return a dead thread back to life but why start a new topic on the same thing.

Has anyone purchased a W Bed recently? If so, what were your experiences? I feel like I want to investigate it a little bit before I book a night in a W Hotel to try it out to see if it's really worth it. Input is very appreciated!
Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:44 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
We have a W/Simmons queen purchased in 2007 and a Cal King purchased in 2008 (pretty sure ours actually say "W" on them). Generally happy with both - the Cal King being our master bedroom/daily sleeper and the queen being our guest bed after a year of primary service. My wife and I are still very comfortable on it and our guests seem happy too. Though I recently bought a $150 twin Serta mattress from Costco and think that is slightly more comfortable -- so I may not be hard to please.

They used to run 35-40% promotions back then (every few months) for the W store -- at that discount it was the best price I could find on a Simmons with similar features anywhere.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 10:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: SPG Plat, Delta GM/Reserve
I bought a full-size W bed a few years back and yes, it's made by Simmons, but it has a huge W hotels logo on the "foot of the bed" side of the mattress.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by dbuckho
We have a W/Simmons queen purchased in 2007 and a Cal King purchased in 2008 (pretty sure ours actually say "W" on them). Generally happy with both - the Cal King being our master bedroom/daily sleeper and the queen being our guest bed after a year of primary service. My wife and I are still very comfortable on it and our guests seem happy too. Though I recently bought a $150 twin Serta mattress from Costco and think that is slightly more comfortable -- so I may not be hard to please.

They used to run 35-40% promotions back then (every few months) for the W store -- at that discount it was the best price I could find on a Simmons with similar features anywhere.
Thanks for your input. I have been reading various posts and there are commonly numerous different opportunities to get a certain percentage off. I think it's a must to try out the "W" bed, but I would be disappointed if I got to a product and it turned out to not be a "W" branded product.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:15 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
I've had mine about 6 years now. Can't remember how I lived without it
Old Jun 10, 2011, 6:43 pm

We did get one especially for our wedding night. But we weren't particularly impressed. It kinda felt tired and worn out soon after.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by lesmiz99
We did get one especially for our wedding night. But we weren't particularly impressed. It kinda felt tired and worn out soon after.
Was this at a particular W Hotel or an at home model?
Old Aug 5, 2011, 12:00 pm

i don't recommend it.

i bought one of these mattresses within the past year. i am really not happy about this mattress and it already feels like there are dents in it. i wish i coudl return it but they have a no return policy. also, it is one sided so i cannot flip it which might help. don't buy this mattress.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by robinita13
i bought one of these mattresses within the past year. i am really not happy about this mattress and it already feels like there are dents in it. i wish i coudl return it but they have a no return policy. also, it is one sided so i cannot flip it which might help. don't buy this mattress.
I've been sleeping on a (non-Starwood) Simmons for many years; actually we just replaced it with a King. You might try 180-ing the bed; while you can't flip it, you can turn it so the head is at the foot. This may help even out the wear.

/s
Old Aug 5, 2011, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
LOVE my W bed. And the W pillows I bought with it. That is all. LOVE.

I've had it for 2 1/2 years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.