Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Feb. 2005: New Targeted Promo for Double Points/Stay Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feb. 2005: New Targeted Promo for Double Points/Stay Credit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2005, 11:07 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by CPRich
Hmmm, then perhaps I was wrong. Does this then mean that Cash & Points stays, since I'm paying $60 in room revenue, count for the 10/10K promo and/or elite status?
No, you weren't wrong. The cash portion of the Cash & Points award does not make the stay eligible. Sorry for any confusion on that point.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 11:12 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by jkfb1
One more caveat. When I've done this I had two confirmation numbers - one for the paid stay and one for the freebie. I don't know if that made a difference. Maybe William or someone else could comment on that.
It wouldn't make any difference if the award and the paid night had been on one reservation. The paid night would still count and the award night wouldn't.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 6:23 am
Suspended

Does anyone know how the double points/stay credits shoudl post for this? I did one stay since registering and my stay credit only shows 1 stay & 1 night and no double points posted at the same time. Should it now show 2 stay credits & 2 nights? Also, I know usually with these promos the bonus posts along with the stay

However, I did get bonus points for something called P422 (rather than 442 which is the double points/stay credit I think).

I am wondering if the wrong code has been applied to my account as I have heard no mention of 422 anywhere?

I do have the email confirming my registration but dont want to be trying to sort this out after the promo.

I will send an email but wondered if anyone had any info first. Thanks
Old Feb 27, 2005, 7:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by FatBoyYVR
Does anyone know how the double points/stay credits shoudl post for this? I did one stay since registering and my stay credit only shows 1 stay & 1 night and no double points posted at the same time. Should it now show 2 stay credits & 2 nights? Also, I know usually with these promos the bonus posts along with the stay

However, I did get bonus points for something called P422 (rather than 442 which is the double points/stay credit I think).

I am wondering if the wrong code has been applied to my account as I have heard no mention of 422 anywhere?

I do have the email confirming my registration but dont want to be trying to sort this out after the promo.

I will send an email but wondered if anyone had any info first. Thanks
What promo were you targeted for?
Old Feb 27, 2005, 7:31 am
Suspended

Got the targeted email for the double stay/credit one (first time I ever got a good promo). This is how I know the code as the T&C with the email gave it. I have the confirmation email, and am guessing something jsut got wrongly applied. No idea what 422 is. It does give triple points, but of course it is the double stay credits that are important
Old Feb 27, 2005, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I got the 10K for 10 nights when I went to that promo link. First of all, thanks for posting and doing Starwoods job for them. Who knows when I'll get mail on this promo? In either case it will likely be too late. I don't mind a challenge of doing 10 nights in a month. However I'd like some leadtime please!

I have several nights already booked for March with another chain because they told me about their promo long in advance. Had Starwood told me about this one in advance I might have chosen them instead. So the Starwood marketing people are hurting their own cause with this lousy timing.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 8:14 am

Programs: Platinum AA, Gold Skymiles, *wood Platinum
Originally Posted by lerasp
i have previously registered for triple points promo by phone (did not get a direct email myself, but told the rep the codes i learned through FT). As of now, it's still on my account, although I'm a bit concernced if it will "stick"..
now on www.spg.com/promo, i'm allowed to register for 10night/10K. Has anyone tried to do this? will it supplant the triple miles, or will both get kicked out and i will not be registered for any promo? or will it not do anything since i'm already registered for one 400-series promo.
I have done this also. I can't tell you if it supplants the triple miles until after my next stay and the posting to the account.

I hadn't really thought long enough when I signed up. If staying at higher $$$ hotels, then the triple points is a MUCH better deal. If you're staying a 4P's, the 10 night/10K is probably a better deal.

I'm hoping that I get the best of both worlds, just in case I only hit 9 nights.

It's the one in the hand vs. two in the bush issue.

I'm interested in anyone else seeing a p420 posting on their account after they've signed up for this promotion also.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA EP
Has anybody seen the double stay credits post to their accounts yet with this promo? I am only seeing the double points post.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, *wood Plat
Originally Posted by UNCalum95
Has anybody seen the double stay credits post to their accounts yet with this promo? I am only seeing the double points post.
I received the double stay credit for a stay I checked out on Feb 18 but not on the stay I checked out on Feb 16. I haven't received the double points though. But then again I much prefer the double stay post. ^
Old Mar 2, 2005, 9:29 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Starwood Plt, Marriott Silver, Others
Targeted promos...

Question to you all - a few coworkers and myself are all elites with SPG (and I already have 30 nights this year), yet one of the guys keeps getting the targeted promos, while the others and myself never do.

Is there a trick to the system? Thanks! ^
Old Mar 3, 2005, 2:00 am

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by high_flyer
I'm interested in anyone else seeing a p420 posting on their account after they've signed up for this promotion also.
Where would you see the p420 show up?
Old Mar 3, 2005, 5:29 am

Programs: Platinum AA, Gold Skymiles, *wood Platinum
Originally Posted by MIKEM
Where would you see the p420 show up?
Currently I see the Triple Points (P420) show up on my online account. Just stayed at the Sheraton Baton Rouge, and I'll be interested to see if I still get triple points...
Old Mar 3, 2005, 7:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
i will actually have 10 days but two of them are freebies so i guess i won't qualify.
wrong. i will have 9 nights (that count) by the end of the period. mattress run? it's only 10K points so i would need a cheap room.

found a $55 room one night near newark airport. i guess that's worth 10K points.

Last edited by fly co to see the yanks; Mar 3, 2005 at 7:19 am
Old Mar 3, 2005, 11:46 am

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
FCTSTY, which hotel did you find the $55 a night rate? And approx. what dates? Thanks!
Old Mar 3, 2005, 12:25 pm

I never received an email, but after accessing the spg.com/promo page I was offered 10 nights/10k. A very paltry offer.

I'd love for SPG to take a lesson from Northwest. NW allows you to choose your reward. I assume these promos are used in part to test what features are most attractive to SPG members (or at least they should be). From this thread, several folks are happy with points, others want elite status credits, others want free nights.

Why not provide us with a choice? Stay X nights or book X stays and you may have your choice of
Free Weekend Night (Cat of SPG's choosing)
50%
etc.

This way, everyone gets to participate and have a choice in their amenity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.