Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Feb. 2005: New Targeted Promo for Double Points/Stay Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feb. 2005: New Targeted Promo for Double Points/Stay Credit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2005, 1:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
FCTSTY, which hotel did you find the $55 a night rate? And approx. what dates? Thanks!
there is a four points sheraton near newark airport that is $55 non-refundable on many nights. there are others, too, in places i am traveling (i.e., houston).
Old Mar 3, 2005, 1:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
A very paltry offer.
to say the least, esp. considering what the competition is doing (i.e., hyatt).

but, if starwood can get away with it, more power to them. i am not leaving starwood for hyatt, so at least with me it's working.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 11:04 pm

I went to the www.spg.com/promo web page, entered my SPG #, and won the booby prize:
We're sorry; you are not currently eligible for this Starwood Preferred Guest® promotion. Please visit SPG.com for other special offers and promotions.
Looks like SPG does have a crystal ball (or at least they've been tracking the charges on my Starwood AMEX card to the hotel stays that I made at other hotel chains). I guess they saw that I was moving some of my business elsewhere, and decided to give up on me.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 11:59 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
"there is a four points sheraton near newark airport that is $55 non-refundable on many nights".

Exactly Which 4 Points has this rate? The 4 Points Piscataway used to in the summer, but that recently bacame a Rennaisance.

Thanks
Old Mar 7, 2005, 5:01 pm

I'm quite confused by what's going on with my account. I signed up for the Triple Points promo before signing up for the double points/double stays.

As of last Friday (3/4), I have received triple points AND double points for my recent stays, but the double stays have not yet posted. Anyone experiencing anything similar?
Old Mar 9, 2005, 8:52 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Does anyone know the promo period for p420?
Old Mar 9, 2005, 9:45 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Motion122
Does anyone know the promo period for p420?
why not just call spg?

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...enters_na.html
Old Mar 14, 2005, 5:28 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Promo 440 upgrades you to Gold SPG (if not already) - targeted

a friend of mine just received this and passed it along:

"STAYS COUNT DOUBLE TOWARD ELITE, PLUS EARN DOUBLE STARPOINTS.
Every stay counts as two toward elite status, plus earn double Starpoints(R) every time you stay at Starwood hotels and resorts now through April 30, 2005. Elite guests earn three Starpoints per U.S. dollar spent — 50% more than Preferred members — and enjoy exclusive benefits such as room upgrades and 4 p.m. late checkout."..." Terms and Conditions: ...Offer is valid for recipients of targeted direct mail/e-mail only and is non-transferable.
Starwood Preferred Guest member must register online or call 1-888-625-4988 and provide registration code 441 to earn double Starpoints on all eligible stays.
Registration must be completed no later than 3/15/05.
Member can qualify for elite level with every eligible stay counting double between 2/15/05 and 4/30/05.
To earn elite level, member must have 10 stays or 25 nights in 2005.
An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights paying a qualifying rate that are spent at the same Starwood Preferred Guest participating property regardless of the number of check-ins or checkouts that occur and post to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest account.
Any double Starpoints earned will post to the member's account within 4 to 6 weeks after the qualifying stay posts.
Only the two base Starpoints earned will be doubled. No additional bonus Starpoints earned from the stay, including but not limited to, the Starwood Preferred Guest 50% elite bonus, etc. will be doubled.
This offer may not be combined with other offers unless expressly stated.
All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice, and can be found at SPG.com. © 2005 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc."
Wellllllll, I signed up for a similar promo, #440, which is for Double Stay credit (yes, targeted...sorry...but DO check to see if YOU can sign up by 3/15 (2 days from now)....
.... I am told that the SPG Gold card I got a couple of weeks ago is based on signing up for the promo. (and I thought it was my survey responses...) In other words....

***** SPG Upgrade to Gold freebie for those who can register for it. *****
Old Mar 14, 2005, 5:32 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Had my first stay at Sydney 4Points Darling Harbour under the DuoblePoints/Double Stay promotion - only a one-nighter on 10 March (Thursday). AUD$195 for my room (low end of prices), booked on-line very easily.

Checked my account at spg.com on Sunday (12th) and the 2stays/2 nights had already been posted! Follow up email on 13 March thanking me for my stay and giving me:

For our valued guest, we have a special offer between 20th March 05 and 8th April 05
As I used Express Check-out; my Tax Invoice arrived in the mail today.

Very seamless and what I have come to expect from this property (I've stayed there probably 12 stays/20 nights in past 2 years). Now to organise some more trips to SYD before 30 April... as it's harder to find an SPG in Australia/New Zealand after the loss of Sheratons in BNE; MEL and AKL over past year.

Alas, because of this, I lost my Gold status for 2005..but I only need another 8 stays (or 4 in the promotion period) to get it back!!

Last edited by QF WP; Mar 14, 2005 at 5:42 pm
Old Mar 23, 2005, 7:46 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Well, just logged on to do some more bookings and noticed my account looks like this:

DOUBLE POINTS OFFER (P44B) (Posted on) Mar 19, 2005 +288
4POINTS BY SHERATON, DARLING HARBOUR
Mar 10, 2005 - Mar 11, 2005 (Posted on) Mar 12, 2005 +288

So looks like about a week lag until the double points hit - but the stay/night credits were next day!!

Off to 4Points again (Easter Mon night) and then back in SYD on Wed night - thought I'd head to the Westin that night for a change (and closer to clients).

So I'd say that this promotion is definitely a win/win. Maybe I'll get to Plat ???
Old Mar 24, 2005, 4:41 pm

I wasn't targetted (or able) to sign up for the double points/nights, but the 10,000 points posted to my account this week, about a week after the stay that put me over the 10 nights.

I'll take any bonus that they're willing to give me. Thanks *wood!
Old Mar 31, 2005, 8:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PointJunkie
I wasn't targetted (or able) to sign up for the double points/nights, but the 10,000 points posted to my account this week, about a week after the stay that put me over the 10 nights.

I'll take any bonus that they're willing to give me. Thanks *wood!
Awesome! I totally lucked out and finished up my 10th last night, right under the gun of the March 31st deadline! ^

I was a bit nervous as my work schedule was fairly dynamic over the past month and I was really unsure if I would make it; which would have really sucked since I had 8 nights done by early March. I wrestled with the cost-benefit of shelling out of pocket $160+ at a cheapy Four Points with all the inconvenience of having to check-in and all that nonsense for the remaining two nights I needed to get the 10k bonus for quite awhile. Luckily work came through with some last minute travel! whoo-hoo!

Last edited by vivrant; Mar 31, 2005 at 8:37 am
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:17 pm

Well, back from my 2 separate stays: one has already been loaded (4Points) and bonus added; but still waiting for Westin to post.

Stays Year to Date: 4
Nights Year to Date: 4

FOUR POINTS BY SHERATON, DARLING HARBOUR
Mar 28, 2005 - Mar 29, 2005 Mar 29, 2005 +240
DOUBLE POINTS OFFER (P44B) Mar 19, 2005 +288

Looks like it is posting very quickly - that's a change:

But strangely, my previous stay is now showing:

FOUR POINTS BY SHERATON, DARLING HARBOUR
Mar 10, 2005 - Mar 11, 2005 Mar 12, 2005 +288
SPG ELITE 50% BONUS Dec 05, 2004 +489

whereas I had posted it above as it originally showing just the P44B

Looks like SPG are giving me a either a Silver bonus (in advance, as I'm only Preferred at present according to their system) on top of the P44B bonus (but showing +50% bonus erroneously) or are giving me a Gold bonus - I'm happy to accept either way ^

Last edited by QF WP; Apr 1, 2005 at 10:23 pm
Old Apr 2, 2005, 7:27 pm

True to form, SPG have posted the Westin stay plus a double bonus for my previous 4Points stay (as they'd already posted the P44B bonus for the 4 Points)

DOUBLE POINTS OFFER (P44B) Apr 02, 2005 +414
DOUBLE POINTS OFFER (P44B) Apr 02, 2005 +240 (from prev 4Points stay)
THE WESTIN SYDNEY
Mar 30, 2005 - Mar 31, 2005 Apr 02, 2005 +414

Now showing:

Stays Year to Date: 6
Nights Year to Date: 6
(4) stays to become a Gold Preferred Guest.

Now to arrange some more stays before 30 April.

Last edited by QF WP; Apr 2, 2005 at 7:32 pm
Old Apr 4, 2005, 10:03 am

Programs: UA1K - SPG Plat
so if i am reading this correctly from the above post, the double points/double stay promo (Mar 15 through Apr 30) will earn not only double stay "credit" towards elite but also double nights "credit" as well?

i ask, because i will have 4 stays during that period (W Chicago, W Seattle, Sheraton Hong Kong, and Sheraton Singapore), but will have 13 nights. i sure hope so...i would love to get gold status back again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.