Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Feb. 2005: New Targeted Promo for Double Points/Stay Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feb. 2005: New Targeted Promo for Double Points/Stay Credit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2005, 4:41 pm

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Isn't that the smoke a bone promo???
Maybe we should all donate a few bucks and send some to Starwood's Marketing dept.. they sure need the inspiration !!
Old Feb 17, 2005, 4:55 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
10 stays / 10k here....

Glad this started 2/15 1 night in the bag...5 in the next week
Old Feb 17, 2005, 5:00 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
I really think that *wood should allow plats. to do any one targeted promo (which they weren't targeted for) at a time. So, for instance, we could do the triple points or the double stays...but only one. I mean I can't tell you how ticked I am that people who don't stay often (and who don't give the chain as much $) are frequently offered perks that I (someone who earns the 25 nights a year without any "double stay" or any other promotion) don't get.

I think this idea is fair, and it keeps us plats happy (which they really should for all the $$$ we throw at them). Plus, only the ones that are really active (aka posters at FlyerTalk) are going to know what the promo codes are and how to enter anyway. Just my two cents...
Old Feb 17, 2005, 7:08 pm
cxn

10k/10 Nights is a great promo. Yes, it would be nice to just get 1k per night and not have to stay 10 nights, but this is to keep business for 10 nights.

I am a plat and will most likely do 10 - 20 nights during this time. It would be great to have 20k/20 nights and I hope William comes back and says this will happen.

10 nights in 45 days shouldnt be hard for a hardcore plat. maybe they should just raise the plat level to 65 nights and include award stays .

The best promo, IMHO, would be 50% off award nights (like they had a few years ago).
Old Feb 17, 2005, 7:18 pm
Suspended

William,

Once again I received no promo via email. When I go to the link and enter my SPG number it offers me the 10K one. Is this legit?
Old Feb 17, 2005, 7:46 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by mtacchi
William,

Once again I received no promo via email. When I go to the link and enter my SPG number it offers me the 10K one. Is this legit?
If it were me, I'd take it if it was offered to you online.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by stevekoe
Let me get this straight -- I also just registered for my Marriott bonus. I get 5k bonus for every three stays, up to 25k bonus -- through the end of May! Plus, I got bumped down from Plat to Gold, so they are also offering me a challenge of staying 18 nights by the end of May. This is starting to look like a no-brainer to me.
So you have to spend 10 entire nights at spg and all you get is 10K lousy points - barely enough for one night at a Cat 4 hotel - 2 levels down from the top Category.

But over at MR, you only need a quick 15 stays (not nights, stays) and you get a whopping 25K points, enought for... Hmmm, let's see - 2 levels from the top is Category 5 - 25k points gets me.....

One of thes days, spg is going to offer, in exchange for 1 night stay any time in the next year, unlimited lifetime stays in any hotel in the world at any time. And someone at FT is going to whine about how unfair it is....

If you want to complain about a bad promo - pick a good one: "Because you are a valued guest of Hilton HHonors®, we would like to reward you with additional bonus points..." - 2500 bonus points for 2 stays between 2/16 and 4/30. Wow - make me that offer 22 times and I can get that same free night.

Originally Posted by agrater
You had better luck than I did. I got the following response:

Error 500: Unable to compile class for JSPAn exception has occurred in the compiler (1.4.2_06).
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(Act ionServlet.java:1482) at
Ahhh. Struts...

Last edited by CPRich; Feb 17, 2005 at 8:49 pm
Old Feb 17, 2005, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I'm not registering. I too was offered the 10 night - 10k promo. In the past I would have registered if I thought I had a chance of making it...

... but not this time. Let's say a better promo comes along. Last year I was stuck with something I registered for. Then, a different promo came along that was better for me. SPG wouldn't let me change.

So think twice about registering. You may get lucky later on.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 9:58 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
I got the 10K/10 night promo. Works out well and I just have to change a few reservations...
Old Feb 17, 2005, 11:00 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
i wish i would be targetted for that

Originally Posted by Braindrain
I got the 10K/10 night promo. Works out well and I just have to change a few reservations...

as i have 14days in the next 20 days booked in starwood hotels.. ;(
Old Feb 17, 2005, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by Braindrain
Yeah, just spent an hour changing around my reservations. I got the double stays promotion, so I just turned one stay for 11 nights into 7 stays over those 11 nights. Time for a mattress run!
Old Feb 18, 2005, 2:32 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Got the double elite nights promo.
I guess they are targeting elites that will lose their status this year.. because I have moved most of my hotel business (which is not very much all!) to Hilton because of a promo over there.

12 stays to Platinum.. hmm. Does anyone know how long this new status will last? Thru feb 2006 or feb 2007?
Old Feb 18, 2005, 7:50 am

Programs: *Wood - Platinum , HHonors - Diamond, CO - Silver, SWA - Companion Pass
Originally Posted by moulder3
I really think that *wood should allow plats. to do any one targeted promo (which they weren't targeted for) at a time. So, for instance, we could do the triple points or the double stays...but only one. I mean I can't tell you how ticked I am that people who don't stay often (and who don't give the chain as much $) are frequently offered perks that I (someone who earns the 25 nights a year without any "double stay" or any other promotion) don't get.

I think this idea is fair, and it keeps us plats happy (which they really should for all the $$$ we throw at them). Plus, only the ones that are really active (aka posters at FlyerTalk) are going to know what the promo codes are and how to enter anyway. Just my two cents...

I totally agree with this. I have given Starwood over 130 nights of business in the last year, and have not been targetted for a promotion once.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 8:23 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Platinum member -- I got nothing. No email and spg.com/promo states I'm not eligible. No big deal. I've forsaken Starwood before they forsake me
Old Feb 18, 2005, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
havent been able to log onto spg.com all day. it seems to be down regularly!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.