Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emails about upcoming stay

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2018, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Emails about upcoming stay

Does Sheraton still send out emails from the hotel about upcoming stays a few days before arrival?

Have an issue where I am sure I cancelled a stay a long time ago (I don't have the reservation or confirmation of cancellation) but ended up getting charges for the first night as a no-show. First time this has ever happened. I did not get any emails about the stay the week before arrival and was wondering if they still normally send them out.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 9:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IME they've been sending those emails just after the cancellation deadline has passed.

Did you get an email confirming the cancellation when you did it?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
I think I must have deleted the reservation confirmation and the cancellation confirmation. Cannot find them in my deleted mail folder either. I think I am stuck because of that stupid move...
Old Jul 31, 2018, 11:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by fwfdan
Does Sheraton still send out emails from the hotel about upcoming stays a few days before arrival?

Have an issue where I am sure I cancelled a stay a long time ago (I don't have the reservation or confirmation of cancellation) but ended up getting charges for the first night as a no-show. First time this has ever happened. I did not get any emails about the stay the week before arrival and was wondering if they still normally send them out.
Look on the SPG.com website under "MY STAYS" then look under "Cancelled". It will show you the original reservation confirmation number and the cancellation number.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

It is there with a cancellation confirmation that starts with xxxxx which is why I think it was a no-show cancellation.

Last edited by fwfdan; Jul 31, 2018 at 12:27 pm Reason: was looking in the wrong place

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.