Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

28 Sep : Targeted, by email : Exclusive Bonus Offer - Up to 12k Bonus Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Received an "exclusive" bonus offer via email this morning. I am SPG Plat 75 with 30 some nights YTD.

Eligible member must register by November 30, 2015, 11:59 p.m. EST. Member can earn 4,000 bonus Starpoints after fourth (4) eligible paid stay, 4,000 bonus Starpoints after the eighth (8) eligible paid stay, and 4,000 bonus Starpoints after the twelfth (12) eligible paid stay. As part of this promotion, member may earn a maximum of 12,000 total bonus Starpoints for 12 eligible stays from October 1, 2015, through December 31, 2015 (the "promotion period"). This promotion is not transferable. Bookings made prior to the promotion period are eligible, but only eligible stays consumed during the promotion period will earn a bonus.
An eligible stay is a stay with at least 1 eligible paid night at any of the over 1,200 participating Starwood hotels and resorts paying an eligible paid rate during the promotion period. An eligible rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints in the Starwood Preferred Guest program. Free Night Awards and Cash & Points Award nights are not eligible toward promotional Starpoints earnings.
Others received anything different?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Just got double elite stays/nights, awesome!
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I received the same except 3 stays 3000 up to 9000 points
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:38 am
Suspended

LOL @ this promo. I am SPG plat 75 too. This is what I got:

Between Oct 1st and December 31st:

6,000 points on the sixth stay.
6,000 points on the 12th stay.
6,000 points on the 18th stay.

I'm not even sure there's 18 weeks in this period. They want me to do a full stay once per week over the promo, which includes Thanksgiving, New Year's and Christmas.

Thanks SPG for giving me something plausibly achievable. Better go back and tweak the algorithms. This promo to me is less than useless. I can't get six stays in let alone EIGHTEEN.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starwood Platinum
I got double elite stays/nights now through the end of the year (Details below). I'm currently Plat but only have 7 stays/10 nights so far this year.

"ELITE STATUS ON THE DOUBLE.

All year, youve been enjoying your elite benefits. Free Night Awards, Award Flights, late checkouts, welcome gifts, and we could go on. Now were bringing you a special offer to help you renew your SPG elite status twice as fast.

Its simple: Register by November 30, 2015, and youll earn double elite-qualifying credit on all your stays between October 1, 2015, and December 31, 2015 with no earning limits. For example, if you have five eligible stays and 10 eligible nights during the promotion, SPG will credit you 10 stays and 20 nights toward elite status.

Get on the fast track toward retaining your elite status by booking stays at any of our more than 1,200 hotels and resorts across 10 distinctive brands worldwide including St. Regis, W and Westin."
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nihonto

I'm not even sure there's 18 weeks in this period. They want me to do a full stay once per week over the promo, which includes Thanksgiving, New Year's and Christmas.

Thanks SPG for giving me something plausibly achievable. Better go back and tweak the algorithms. This promo to me is less than useless. I can't get six stays in let alone EIGHTEEN.
The terms say only 1 stay per week? Never heard of that before, and seems like an odd requirement to have.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by nihonto

I (Plat50) was targeted with the same promo and I feel the same way as you do. I'm lucky to get to 18 stays in a year, much less a quarter.

This is the third targeted promo I've received in the past year. (I expect this thread will be merged into the thread discussing those.) My previous two were 3,000 pts/3 stays, up to 9k pts in 3 months, of which I was able to earn the first 3k pts each time. Not a chance with this promo.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Double elite nights! Will def make me mattress run!
Old Sep 28, 2015, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by vrbaba
The terms say only 1 stay per week? Never heard of that before, and seems like an odd requirement to have.
No, they don't mention this. It just says 18 stays.

There are about 14 weeks in this promo. So I would have to check into a Starwood hotel more than once per week in order to max it out.

It's an impossibility for me. Maybe possible for guys who have to fly every week through the same airport and stay overnight but 18 stays in a 14 week period, which includes major holidays, is really hard I think for most people.

Edit: unless I wanted to try to beat them at their own game by alternating between two SPG hotels in one city every other day for 18 days. Because this promo is so stupid I just might do that. Check a bag at each hotel and just flip back and forth. 500 points per checkin and 18,000 bonus points, I'd make 27,000 points for doing this.

And maybe they'd send me a promo that actually helps them and rewards me at the same time next time.

Last edited by nihonto; Sep 28, 2015 at 12:09 pm
Old Sep 28, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by kauppias
I received the same except 3 stays 3000 up to 9000 points
same here. SPG 50
Old Sep 28, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
I got one as a Gold, 2000 points every other stay, maximum of 6,000 points for 6 stays. which coincidentally I need 6 stays to keep my status, so I'll push some business their way.

Unfortunately I have a stay already coming up Sept 31st which will just miss the cutoff
Old Sep 28, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
2000 on my 2nd 3rd and 4th. Mediocre, won't sway my choices.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, WS Silver, UA Silver
Link for registration?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by KelownaGuy
Link for registration?
It's targeted. Either you get the "Enjoy an Exclusive Bonus Offer" e-mail or you don't. As I mentioned it's my third targeted offer, but in the other threads there are people who haven't gotten any offers. No rhyme or reason as to who gets an offer and who doesn't.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ail-offer.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...il-2015-a.html
Old Sep 28, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Double stays/nights offer for me, which will push me up to SPG50 so not a bad offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.