Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$200 Check from SPG Amex

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
What "renewal benefit" do you usually get on a personal SPG Amex? I don't get one.
Good question. The only thing I can think of is the free nights/stays, but are those really worth only $35 (to us, obviously not)? I looked back and noticed the nights/stays credited in 2013 and 2014 (they weren't listed in the activity tracker until 2013). I'm not complaining about the gimme, even if it ends up being only $35. The letter seemed to have a future tense about it (rather than for a credit posted a week prior), so who knows.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 7:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by jibi
I have no charges for $35.00 at any point in the past 25 months nor anything with "Inquiry" in the name.
Last month, I had a $35 credit for "Credit Adjustment for Billing Inquiry" as well (but no letter). I had/have no open billing inquiries.

Originally Posted by travelinfoo
It sounds like these checks were sent only to those who had and closed a SPG AMEX business card awhile ago.
My wife canceled the personal card and got the cheque.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 12:19 pm

that took two seconds

i got the check. i called amex number on the back of my current card. it is because there was a delay in calculating the number of days between card issue date and spending threshold attainment date (my language) on the old cancelled business card. it's legit. tah-dah. ^^
Old Nov 10, 2014, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by uprightposition
i got the check. i called amex number on the back of my current card. it is because there was a delay in calculating the number of days between card issue date and spending threshold attainment date (my language) on the old cancelled business card. it's legit. tah-dah. ^^

^

What did you call and ask?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.