Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Properties near SFO w/ airport parking & shuttle?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2013, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifer, Hertz Prez

Heading out for a short vacation in a couple of weeks and have a 6am Monday flight. Thinking of staying near the airport Sunday night so would be convenient if I can just leave the car for the week and shuttle it back and forth to the airport. Any *W properties to be recommended? (Only one night so could go non *W if there are better other chain options.)

I normally get dropped at the airport for my biz trips and car service is pretty expensive since I live a ways away from the airport (not to mention getting up way damn early for a 6am'er).

Thanks!
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Look for airport parking rates, which usually include up to 7 nights' free parking, at airport properties with a shuttle. The aloft and Westin are next door to each other and share an airport shuttle, but charge a lot for parking if it isn't included in your rate. Properties farther from SFO might be more generous on the parking, but even if there's a free lot, you can't just leave your car there for a week without asking.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:48 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by magendim
Heading out for a short vacation in a couple of weeks and have a 6am Monday flight. Thinking of staying near the airport Sunday night so would be convenient if I can just leave the car for the week and shuttle it back and forth to the airport. Any *W properties to be recommended? (Only one night so could go non *W if there are better other chain options.)

I normally get dropped at the airport for my biz trips and car service is pretty expensive since I live a ways away from the airport (not to mention getting up way damn early for a 6am'er).

Thanks!
What I usually do is rent a car for around $25 and drop it at SFO. That way no need to pay for parking. You can also do the other option which is the park and fly rates.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 11:13 pm

Programs: UAL SPG Hyatt

Thanks!
The aloft at the airport typically will have parking rates. I think it covers up to 7 or 10 days. Shares a shuttle with the Westin next door.

Cheers,
SF
Old Jun 10, 2013, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifer, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by SometimesFlyer
The aloft at the airport typically will have parking rates. I think it covers up to 7 or 10 days. Shares a shuttle with the Westin next door.

Cheers,
SF
That did the trick. Aloft $189/night which includes up to 10 days parking + shuttle. Parking alone for 8 days at SFO is $144 so not a bad deal.

I have done the rental car option if I leave mid-week or Sat (there is a Hertz down the street from my office). But, I live a ways up into the Santa Cruz mountains so it's just not convenient to p/u a rental car over the weekend.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 4:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
That did the trick. Aloft $189/night which includes up to 10 days parking + shuttle. Parking alone for 8 days at SFO is $144 so not a bad deal.

I have done the rental car option if I leave mid-week or Sat (there is a Hertz down the street from my office). But, I live a ways up into the Santa Cruz mountains so it's just not convenient to p/u a rental car over the weekend.
Remember that you can usually take the hotel night in connection with the parking package at the beginning or end of your trip. Doing it at the end can avoid having to drive when tired and jet lagged.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.