Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Challenge - 5 nights short/7 left

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, SPG Gold
Platinum Challenge - 5 nights short/7 left

So, I'm currently enrolled in the platinum challenge - this is my final month.

Best I can tell, I'm five nights short of completing the 18-night requirement. I have one more trip planned for two nights, leaving me three short.

Since I live in Orlando, I have quite a variety of hotels to choose from if I need to do a MR.

The question is, is Platinum worth it to spend the $350 for the three nights to complete the challenge?

If my planned trip is cancelled, is it still worth $550-$600 to complete?

I'm strongly thinking yes, but wanted some opinions on it...
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:17 am

Programs: Household of Delta GM & PM, SWA RR CP, Bonvoy Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold, Budget RZ
IMO it is worth doing the three nights to hit platinum. The benefits such a higher points earnings, free wifi, possibility of suite upgrades makes this value fair.

Have you called and tried to move your 3 months to a different 3 month set yet?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mbaker0936
IMO it is worth doing the three nights to hit platinum. The benefits such a higher points earnings, free wifi, possibility of suite upgrades makes this value fair.

Have you called and tried to move your 3 months to a different 3 month set yet?
Thought about it, but it looks like my next few months are not going to be as busy with travel, so my best chance will be to complete this month.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'd be inclined to do it if you will be staying in Starwoods during the enxtg year or two. Remember that you cannot repeatedly ask for status challenges, so if you miss this time, there won't be another opportunity to get status except by earning it the old fashioned way.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Are you going to use it? If you're 25%+ short of meeting the challenge goal, and don't have much travel planned for the near future, is PLT going to be valuable for you? I'd need to have at least 20+ stays/40+ nights in the period covered to be worth $500.

How much travel do you have planned in the period that PLT will be good for (is it 2/14 or 2/15 it expires?)?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by OllieGator
So, I'm currently enrolled in the platinum challenge - this is my final month.

Best I can tell, I'm five nights short of completing the 18-night requirement. I have one more trip planned for two nights, leaving me three short.

Since I live in Orlando, I have quite a variety of hotels to choose from if I need to do a MR.

The question is, is Platinum worth it to spend the $350 for the three nights to complete the challenge?

If my planned trip is cancelled, is it still worth $550-$600 to complete?

I'm strongly thinking yes, but wanted some opinions on it...
Looking at the last few days 4 Points Studio City has rooms for total cost of $105 per night. Book 3 rooms in 1 night and its $315. I personally would do it for $315 if I expected to be staying regurlary at SPG over the next year.

Value of 500 points a stay would need 10 - 15 stays to justify the expense but club rooms with their breakfasts would also contribute to defraying the cost. My guess is 7 - 8 stays over the next year to make it worthwile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.