Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Platinum Gift this Year?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:33 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Welcome and congratulations on your first post 6 and half years since becoming a member jeffreyt2000!

Glad you got the gift too ^
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:45 am

Programs: UA(1MM-1K), AA(1MM), Hyatt (Globalist), Marriott (Life Gold), Hilton (Gold), Hertz (PresCirc)
Thanks RAPC, I tended to read and glean information - and keep my opinions to myself. I guess I am coming "out of my shell" since in the past month I have written 4 letters to the editor of local newspapers and magazines, posted noticably on other forums, and now am starting here.

If there was any sarcasm intended in your reply, I am simply ignoing it
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Absolutely no sarcasm at all I promise. Just nice to see another person joining in with posting, especially when you've been a member for years. Great to have you on board.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by aussielori
so some get it for renewing elite membership /others don't?
I did re-new my Plat membership and yet, I am not eligible for the 25 $ voucher
Old Jan 8, 2013, 1:30 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Global Entry
So this is interesting...

Last year I was gold and qualified for Platinum in December for the first time ever. However, I just tried out the link and put in my SPG number and while I did not qualify, at the top right of the page that tells me I did not qualify, it says I am SPG Gold, when in fact I am Platinum. Even the SPG homepage says I am Platinum.

Maybe their database for this promotion has just not updated itself yet. I got the gift last year as I was gold and since the database still thinks I am gold, that is probably a good reason I am not getting it.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 1:31 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, CC, AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by LarryU
Even after requalification for this year, the link did not work at first but did so a couple of weeks later. So it's definitely worthwhile to try it again:

http://spgpromos.com/elitegift/
Thank you for the link! I forgot about the Platinum Gift until I saw this thread. Worked like a charm!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 4:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by Mindray
So this is interesting...

Last year I was gold and qualified for Platinum in December for the first time ever. However, I just tried out the link and put in my SPG number and while I did not qualify, at the top right of the page that tells me I did not qualify, it says I am SPG Gold, when in fact I am Platinum. Even the SPG homepage says I am Platinum.

Maybe their database for this promotion has just not updated itself yet. I got the gift last year as I was gold and since the database still thinks I am gold, that is probably a good reason I am not getting it.
It takes at minimum 2-3 weeks for the system to update after you qualified
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:00 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Here are the links that were offered to me (in Canada).

$25 award
1000 pts
Thanks margarita girl, 1k pts just arrived
Old Jan 10, 2013, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by soy
Thanks margarita girl, 1k pts just arrived
^

Interesting, where are you based? Is IRL Ireland? Asking to see if it works for non-Canadians.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 5:54 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by margarita girl
^

Interesting, where are you based? Is IRL Ireland? Asking to see if it works for non-Canadians.
yep - Ireland, but your link worked ^
Old Jan 16, 2013, 6:01 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I'm based in Sydney and chose the 1,000 points.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:49 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Delta, United, Marriott, British Airways, Virgin, American
Originally Posted by Medved
It takes at minimum 2-3 weeks for the system to update after you qualified
I qualified for Platinum near the end of 2012. My email offering me a $25 certificate or 6 months Hulu subscription just arrived!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Originally Posted by Robinjoym
I qualified for Platinum near the end of 2012. My email offering me a $25 certificate or 6 months Hulu subscription just arrived!
Me too!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Got this a short while ago.

You traveled. You stayed. You conquered. Congratulations, and welcome to Platinum status with Starwood Preferred Guest®! You've earned extra benefits with every stay, and we look forward to welcoming you, elite-style.

To see all the Platinum benefits you've earned, check out spg.com/platinum.

In the meantime, let's celebrate. We're sure you'll agree that a move like this calls for a bonus reward. Take your pick: Choose either a $25 SPG® Award Certificate or free 6-month subscription to Hulu Plus, compliments of SPG. Select one of the options to learn more about each reward.

Once again, congrats! We look forward to seeing you soon, and thanks again for traveling with SPG.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:17 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I'm GOLD and got the offer. Thank you Starwood.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.