FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   SPG Platinum Gift this Year? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1424420-spg-platinum-gift-year.html)

wrstlpunkca Jan 5, 2013 11:34 am

SPG Platinum Gift this Year?

Was there a platinum gift this year?

In past they have done the photo books, CLEAR memberships, other things, but I didn't see anything this year was there?

landeej Jan 5, 2013 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by wrstlpunkca (Post 19981713)
Was there a platinum gift this year?

In past they have done the photo books, CLEAR memberships, other things, but I didn't see anything this year was there?

I made Platinum(50) in 2011, never got a gift in 2012. Made it to Platinum(50) again in 2012, and never even considered a gift from SPG. Did I miss something?

tillephone Jan 5, 2013 2:44 pm

I'm platinum since 2006 and never received a gift.
Could this be based on your residency? (I'm in Germany).

TravelGuy1965 Jan 5, 2013 3:00 pm

There was a post a while back for $25.

"Enjoy your elite status - and a gift from SPG".

Both my wife and I were eligible and receive the certificate in the mail about a month after registering for it using the link here on FT.

landeej Jan 5, 2013 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965 (Post 19982824)
There was a post a while back for $25.

"Enjoy your elite status - and a gift from SPG".

Both my wife and I were eligible and receive the certificate in the mail about a month after registering for it using the link here on FT.

Yes - and all I got from that link was "Maybe next time? Sorry, but you're not eligible for this particular promotion." Maybe the 10 SNAs with my >50 nights is considered to be my "gift"? Or maybe I should read FT a little more regularly. :)

Und Tillephone - wirklich willst du "Gift" von Starwood? Didn't think going around poisoning your high-spending customers was a good idea. :D Ja - ich bin auch Deutscher, aber wohne in New York.

CPRich Jan 5, 2013 7:30 pm

I received the $25 when I renewed PLT, in addition to my SNAs

travelswithmyself Jan 6, 2013 6:49 am

Could someone post that link again, the one where you key in your SPG # to see if you receive the $25 voucher? I didn't work for me for my 2011 plat but since requalifying for 2012 I'd like to try again :P

LarryU Jan 6, 2013 11:04 am

Originally Posted by travelswithmyself (Post 19986286)
Could someone post that link again, the one where you key in your SPG # to see if you receive the $25 voucher? I didn't work for me for my 2011 plat but since requalifying for 2012 I'd like to try again :P

Even after requalification for this year, the link did not work at first but did so a couple of weeks later. So it's definitely worthwhile to try it again:

http://spgpromos.com/elitegift/

boston aa flyer Jan 6, 2013 2:40 pm

(live in the US) -- when i hit platinum i was offered 6 months of Hulu Plus or something else. as you can tell, i took the Hulu since i cant remember the something else.

the gifts have trended down... if i remember correctly 4 years back was 50% off an award redemption, 3 years back was a free WN, 2 years ago it dropped to $25 (or $50) GC and then last year was custom luggage tags and something else...

soy Jan 6, 2013 3:42 pm

link not working for me. No plat gift for me either in 2012 :(

travelswithmyself Jan 6, 2013 3:56 pm

Thanks for the link.

No thanks to SPG :P

"Sorry, but you're not eligible for this particular promotion"

They ought to state exactly what the inclusion criteria are - I'm guessing it's limited to the USA or somesuch.

Lurkers, any chance you could clarify?

TallestHotelInJapan Jan 6, 2013 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by travelswithmyself (Post 19989262)
Thanks for the link.

No thanks to SPG :P

"Sorry, but you're not eligible for this particular promotion"

They ought to state exactly what the inclusion criteria are - I'm guessing it's limited to the USA or somesuch.

Lurkers, any chance you could clarify?

Same here. Lurkers, why not a "gift" for all Platinums?

PersonalFlotationDevice Jan 6, 2013 4:32 pm

Thanks! I didn't receive an email but it worked for me.

margarita girl Jan 6, 2013 5:02 pm

Here are the links that were offered to me (in Canada).

$25 award
1000 pts

aussielori Jan 6, 2013 5:58 pm

MAYBE NEXT TIME?
Sorry, but you're not eligible for this particular promotion. Not to worry: You can still check out our latest special offers at spg.com.