Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Mandatory $10 Daily Facilities Charge - Starts 1/1/13 at Le Parker Meridien NYC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mandatory $10 Daily Facilities Charge - Starts 1/1/13 at Le Parker Meridien NYC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Let's give the LPMNYC a chance to follow up on above. Hope they are taking everyone's inputs on this board seriously and craft a plan that will satisfy Plat members. I think the logical solution is to exempt Plats of this fee.
While I agree that this new fee may be disappointing, I have to say that it will take more than $10 to deter me from taking advantage of what we love about LPM.

To wit: I pay to check my luggage on Delta, because they fly where I want to go. I still drive my Range Rover, even though it sucks up petrol. I pay more for a hotel room near Central Park, because Brooklyn is too far from the polar bears!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:13 pm
Company Representative - Le Parker Meridien

Programs: Le Parker Meridien
Not gone, working

Originally Posted by BigBopper
Am I the only one who's not surprised Lisa has seemed to disappear?
Sorry if I don't respond fast enough for you. That's also why I leave my email in the majority of these posts. If you have a question or concern the best way to reach me is NOT flyertalk. I do not log on frequently, but am rather regretting it today. Obviously, I will not change the very clear opinion of this thread. Point taken. Moving on.

Lisa Tharp
[email protected]

n.p. I may regret this, but who is Baghdad Bob?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!

How about you just answer the question of why this is a separate fee instead of just part of the room rate?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:33 pm
Company Representative - Le Parker Meridien

Programs: Le Parker Meridien
facility fee

Originally Posted by User Name
Exactly. I too am interested to hear a logical argument on how this mandatory fee will help me pay less.
I understand there a many who may not specifically benefit from this change but there are many more who will. Anyone who has ever paid $14+ for a one minute call in a hotel... and no, I am not referring to a specific LPM cost (lest that be the new thing to be outraged at in my posts ) or if you recall what it was like working your way up to your elite status... there is a real everyday savings. We won't be waiving the fee for platinums but will likely add an additional benefit. I have a meeting Monday to discuss. So your up shot may be in that determination... but there are also platinum guests who do swim and travel with family etc. and will benefit regardless.

Lisa Tharp
[email protected]
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by LPMguestRelations
I understand there a many who may not specifically benefit from this change but there are many more who will. Anyone who has ever paid $14+ for a one minute call in a hotel... and no, I am not referring to a specific LPM cost (lest that be the new thing to be outraged at in my posts ) or if you recall what it was like working your way up to your elite status... there is a real everyday savings. We won't be waiving the fee for platinums but will likely add an additional benefit. I have a meeting Monday to discuss. So your up shot may be in that determination... but there are also platinum guests who do swim and travel with family etc. and will benefit regardless.

Lisa Tharp
[email protected]
I know you're actively trying to avoid digging yourself into a deeper hole than the one you're already in, but would you be so kind as to provide an answer to the post above the one you just made (i.e. #78)?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:40 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Anyone who has ever paid $14+ for a one minute call in a hotel... and no, I am not referring to a specific LPM cost (lest that be the new thing to be outraged at in my posts )
Thanks for sticking around, and not losing your sense of humor despite some provocation!

We won't be waiving the fee for platinums but will likely add an additional benefit. I have a meeting Monday to discuss. So your up shot may be in that determination...
ideally, I think a lot of us would have preferred the option of having this fee waived for Platinum members. But I will wait for your update on the "additional benefit" before making up my mind.

A significant problem for some of us on corporate rates is that we cannot expense this as a separate line item, but need it included in the basic room rate for it to be re-imbursable.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:58 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Just a reminder, folks : robust debate with our industry representatives is welcome in the forum; aggressive and impertinent posting is not.

/mod
Old Dec 11, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Just a reminder, folks : robust debate with our industry representatives is welcome in the forum; aggressive and impertinent posting is not.

/mod
I can only speak for myself, but I would venture to guess that many of us here find it "impertinent" to use the flyertalk boards as a mouthpiece to perpetuate what many of us perceive to be fraudulent business practices (and then continually ignore questions as to why it is not, to boot).

Respectfully,
acavalierincoach
Old Dec 11, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat, IHG Plat
ridiculous that this fee is mandatory. if they want a charge, make it optional for those that want internet, phone calls, etc like marriott does with their business package. it seems that plats and those on corp rates that incl internet are essentially subsidising everyone else. the more frequent customers subsidise the less frequent customers. not a good move by LPM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by AJLondon
ideally, I think a lot of us would have preferred the option of having this fee waived for Platinum members. But I will wait for your update on the "additional benefit" before making up my mind.
Knowing how generous Lisa and LPM have been to SPG elites in the past re: upgrades, I remain hopeful that the new Platinum bennies will more than outweigh the $10 trade-off...perhaps "The Zillion Dollar Lobster Frittata" breakfast at Norma's?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:19 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I am guessing there are more non-platinums staying at this property than platinums... so whatever bone they throw to platinums will be more than offset by the cash they will get from unsuspecting "average" guests.

If someone chooses to make a $14 call in a hotel, then they should not be surprised at the cost and should pay it. I am guessing most guests never use the phones at all these days nor use the hotel facilities.

I have gotten to a point that I have decided to consciously decide to NOT stay at properties that add these fees for almost no tangible benefits.

If hotels believe these services are core to their experience, then they should add it to their base rate and then potential guests can decide.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AJLondon

well it cant be all that much of anything after all if it costs the Hotel more then $10 they Lose.So it will have to be of very little cost to the Hotel, and from the way things are going it most likley be something that few if anyone will benefit from.But the Hotel can say well we offered you guys something in return Probably they will now include 1 banana for $1 with the free breakfast
Old Dec 11, 2012, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Free water in the rooms would be a novelty

Despite liking several things about this property there are more things about it which wind me up. I just prefer to stay at a full service hotel.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 5:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
I can only speak for myself, but I would venture to guess that many of us here find it "impertinent" to use the flyertalk boards as a mouthpiece to perpetuate what many of us perceive to be fraudulent business practices (and then continually ignore questions as to why it is not, to boot).
I disagree. Also speaking only as a poster and only for myself find shooting the messenger simply because we dislike or disbelieve the message solves nothing and hope we can maintain a degree of civility in expressing our opinions regarding this "enhancement".
Old Dec 11, 2012, 5:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
What a disappointment:

1) This fee is ridiculous in the first place and particularly absurd to apply it to Plats who get these benefits for free

2) First we were told Plats would get something ("the options are endless") and now we are told it is only "likely" that something else will be offered

3) We were bizarrely told that this fee would actually save us money, but then this was amended to say that this would save us money if we has large families that like to use the LPM swimming pool, or used hotel phones to make phone calls (huh?), or if we were NOT elite. We ARE elite -- which is the entire point of this thread and this discussion!

What a joke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.