Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Effective Mar '12: Earn SPG Stay/Night credits for up to 3 (three) rooms per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Effective Mar '12: Earn SPG Stay/Night credits for up to 3 (three) rooms per stay

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2012, 8:19 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Does your info come from experience or from SPG or the one of the Lurkers? It it a YMMV deal?

Cheers

Originally Posted by Helloyellow
No, amenities are still only for 1 room
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere (I couldn't find mention of it in this thread), but I'm curious whether SPG gold/platinum welcome amenities are now available on up to three rooms.

In other words, if I book and pay for three rooms at a Sheraton, can I get 1,500 welcome amenity points? (Or breakfast for six?)
Old Jul 20, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by thegrailer
Does your info come from experience or from SPG or the one of the Lurkers? It it a YMMV deal?

Cheers
It's been discussed before in other threads: 1 amenity, one breakfast, etc. What changed: not only points are on aggregate but nights/stays count too.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Search failed me again and I missed those threads. Thanks for the info

Originally Posted by Medved
It's been discussed before in other threads: 1 amenity, one breakfast, etc. What changed: not only points are on aggregate but nights/stays count too.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: SPG Plat(lifetime gold), Marriott Plat, Amex Plat
thegrailer,

Officially it is only one amenity, BUT... more times than not I receive the amenity for multiple rooms, usually points or movies etc. Have never tried it with the breakfast amenity. Recently had 3 additional rooms upgraded to the club floor and received the 500 bonus pts on all 3. I never ask, but usually I'm told at checkin that I'll receive it on all.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 9:46 am

CREDIT FOR MUlTIPLE ROOM BOOKINGS

I recently booked 4 rooms (2 paid and 2 c&p) completed the stay and had the correct stays and nights post. What didn't post was the points from the 2nd paid night. Apparently, they count the 2 c&p stays before the second paid night, that way they avoid paying out points.

Originally contacted SPG about this (through an email) and they replied (what we already know) that we receive credit from 3 rooms only.

So, my question is do they have a choice in which 3 rooms get credit and points? Should they put the paid nights first?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
I'm confused, How many nights were there?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
I'm confused, How many nights were there?
4 rooms..... 2 paid and 2 c&p. I know I would not receive points on the c&p's(only stay/credit) but when determining which 3 rooms to count, shouldn't the 2 paid rooms come first, therefore receiving points for 2 of the rooms.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by LifeinTravel
I recently booked 4 rooms (2 paid and 2 c&p) completed the stay and had the correct stays and nights post. What didn't post was the points from the 2nd paid night. Apparently, they count the 2 c&p stays before the second paid night, that way they avoid paying out points.

Originally contacted SPG about this (through an email) and they replied (what we already know) that we receive credit from 3 rooms only.

So, my question is do they have a choice in which 3 rooms get credit and points? Should they put the paid nights first?
That's an interesting situation... Wonder how do they calculate points based on this scenario... I'm assuming they would calculate based on the paid rooms only since c&p doesn't earn starpoints.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck
That's an interesting situation... Wonder how do they calculate points based on this scenario... I'm assuming they would calculate based on the paid rooms only since c&p doesn't earn starpoints.
Thats what I thought, but apparently they put the c&p nights before the second paid night.....paid night, c&p, c&p, paid night, resulting no points for the 2nd paid night.

Is it up to the hotel to decide the order in which to process the rooms for points and stays etc.?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
I wonder if you can call the hotel directly and ask them to manually put the points in. I got a lot of missing Green Choice points back that way
Old Jul 26, 2012, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Let's say I am alone in a city with 3 Starwood hotels and I stay for one night only. If I book 3 rooms in all 3 hotels will I get 9 stay and 9 night credits?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 9:54 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Technically you should as long as it's paid. Unless there's something everyone missed in the T&Cs.. Should check with Lurkers.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by DUflyer
Let's say I am alone in a city with 3 Starwood hotels and I stay for one night only. If I book 3 rooms in all 3 hotels will I get 9 stay and 9 night credits?
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Technically you should as long as it's paid. Unless there's something everyone missed in the T&Cs.. Should check with Lurkers.
if you book 2 different hotels for the same night then you will only get credit for one of them, not both....
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by DUflyer
As I interpret the T&Cs it is up to three rooms per night and not per night per hotel. Since you are expected to be staying in the hotel too, doing more than one hotel per night would be tough to explain (but not impossible per some of the exceptions posted). So I would suspect you MIGHT get credit for more than one 3x3, I would not expect it.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist;Bonvoy Lifetime Titan ; Hilton DIA (amex); AA Plat
nice benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.