Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Effective Mar '12: Earn SPG Stay/Night credits for up to 3 (three) rooms per stay

Effective Mar '12: Earn SPG Stay/Night credits for up to 3 (three) rooms per stay

Old Jun 19, 12, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah

effective march of this year (2012), members can earn a stay and night credit for maximum of 3 rooms if all the 3 rooms booked under the member's name & are all paid by the member at the time of check-out....all these 3 rooms must also be booked on an eligible rate plan.....

so basically that means that one can get plat status by booking 3 rooms on a 17 night stay....

this has been confirmed by my ambassador & one of the lurkers as well....
Old Jun 19, 12, 8:04 am

Programs: SPG Plat
This is huge! Plat 100 here I come!!!! Most of my stays are 5-13 nights and I always have 2-3 rooms! Yeah!
Old Jun 19, 12, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
...so basically that means that one can get plat status by booking 3 rooms on a 17 night stay....

this has been confirmed by my ambassador & one of the lurkers as well....
Are you sure? I thought you only earn Starpoints for additional rooms, not stay/night credit.
Old Jun 19, 12, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Are you sure? I thought you only earn Starpoints for additional rooms, not stay/night credit.
you apparently earn stay/night credit now as well....so basically if you book 3 rooms for 1 night then you get 1 stay & 3 nights credited towards elite qualification....
bryanb likes this.
Old Jun 19, 12, 9:22 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Global Entry
This would be amazing but still not sure I believe it. All posts I've read prior to this say that you just get additional Starpoints. Can Starwood Lurker confirm this?
Old Jun 19, 12, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
you apparently earn stay/night credit now as well....so basically if you book 3 rooms for 1 night then you get 1 stay & 3 nights credited towards elite qualification....
3 nights credit but only 1 night stay credit?
Old Jun 19, 12, 9:29 am

1st week in April I had 2 rooms for 1 night. Each booked seperately and both prepaid. I got 2 nights credit. I thought it was a glitch and didnt follow it up.
Old Jun 19, 12, 9:36 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Originally Posted by Mindray View Post
This would be amazing but still not sure I believe it. All posts I've read prior to this say that you just get additional Starpoints. Can Starwood Lurker confirm this?
This was confirmed by Starwood Lurker II yesterday on Flyertalk in this thread.
Old Jun 19, 12, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow! Looks like it is a policy change. I am actually disappointed as this may make Platinum too easy to achieve. You can be Platinum with Ambassador with 3 x 34 nights.
Old Jun 19, 12, 9:39 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Skywards Platinum
Wondering when was this considered as a new benefit, I have some stays earlier this year that I would need to get nights credits for them. Can one of the lurkers confirm since when this started?
Old Jun 19, 12, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mindray View Post
its official....confirmed by thyetus & by my ambassador....
Old Jun 19, 12, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BlissWorld View Post
3 nights credit but only 1 night stay credit?
actually 3 stay credit as well....

Last edited by Keyser; May 24, 13 at 1:34 am
Old Jun 19, 12, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83 View Post
Wondering when was this considered as a new benefit, I have some stays earlier this year that I would need to get nights credits for them. Can one of the lurkers confirm since when this started?
march....not sure if it was the beginning or somewhere in the middle....
Old Jun 19, 12, 9:45 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG PLT (LT Gold), TK Gold, M&M S, BA Silver, Hyatt Dia
Was there another change where you got night credit for Points redemption too?
Old Jun 19, 12, 9:57 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Skywards Platinum
march....not sure if it was the beginning or somewhere in the middle....
Just spoke with Platinum Chat.

LovetoTravel83: I'm just wondering but if I book 2 rooms under one booking for one night, will I get 2 nights credit or 1 night credit?
Agent: Thank you for using SPG Platinum Click-to-Chat, my name is Agent.
Agent: Just one moment while I verify that for you, Mr. LovetoTravel83.
Agent: Provided you are staying in one of the rooms, and paying for both, you will get Starpoints and night credit for both rooms. So two rooms for one night would be two nights.
LovetoTravel83: Is this a new benefit of some sort? Because I had a stay earlier this year for 2 rooms 2 nights and I got only 2 nights credit, Shouldn't be 4 nights credit?
Agent: It is a new benefit since March, yes.
LovetoTrvel83: Can you clarify which day in March?
Agent: Since the 1st of March. Though if the stay began before March, it might not count.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: