Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Based upon reports here at Flyertalk, the SPG Hotel Coordinators investigated ....
This I find incredibly encouraging. This is how it should be done. A provider which actually listens to its customers. ^ ^ ^
Old Apr 15, 2016, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
This I find incredibly encouraging. This is how it should be done. A provider which actually listens to its customers. ^ ^ ^
Yes, it is encouraging and it is one of the strengths of the SPG program : people who actually take a genuine interest in feedback, problems, expressions of concerns, provide timely answers to questions, etc, etc. Hope Marriott recognises the great value in that contribution.
In respect of Aloft Soi 11, I get the impression that maybe they don't want to be part of SPG or perhaps that's just being Aloft. The place is quite jolly and comfortable but not a place I would choose if looking for status benefits because there aren't any of note , as everyone knows.
Nice breakfast and reasonable value when it's in the low 2000Baht range. However it's always more expensive than the better than average HIX across the street and sometimes not THAT much cheaper than The Westin.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:05 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Taking a break from this thread.

Let the hotels do as they please....

Last edited by seanthepilot; Apr 16, 2016 at 6:32 am Reason: Deleted post in later quotes
Old Apr 15, 2016, 11:16 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Just saying, I had no trouble booking 3000 weekends for Feb dates. Admittedly these reservations were booked maybe a month out. As I tried to juggle things closer to my stays across multiple properties, high season occupancy caught up with me.

The view makes the room category at the Aloft.

Always received a view upgrade as Plat. No Suites per policy.

I was happy and had zero reason to complain about this property.

I did find standard award availability better here than at the 4pts but that was prior to the category change. Haven't looked since as my bookings for Dec are all made.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 2:01 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by 2lovelife
Yes, it's in my post. MANY time this year, I witnessed my friends call SPG. SPG then forced the 3000 point award. No one would deny that as reasonable evidence. Not an isolated case.
I was meaning something we could verify rather than just what you are telling us, like a date on spg.com when standard rooms are available to pay for but not to book as an award. I cannot see any post showing this.

Revenue rates available for single nights, when award nights that include a weekend are forced at a 3 night minimum. While you and a hundred others, including the lurkers, can attest that it's their right, it smells to me like a game to block legitimate customers from making a 1 night award when rooms are available.
I am not talking about the Super Bowl, or New Year's Eve, but every weekend. Book with cash, no minimum. Book with Starpoints, 3 night minimum.
Same again really where is the evidence of this, I have checked various weekends and cannot see single night revenue rates available and not available for points. Have you any actual dates you can give as examples.

You can say my post is inaccurate. But, to say 'very misleading' is a stretch. Based on your numbers, I then estimate the number of standard rooms to 125. Since it is quoted, not much sense in changing the original post. But, AGAIN, someone has taken a technical inaccuracy to completely dismiss the point being made.
125 is certainly not hundreds and in the context you used it I would say misleading as it makes it sound far more rooms are available than actually are thus makes your assertion stronger than it is. The main thing is by exaggerating it makes it harder to take the rest of the post at face value.

Note to Lurkers: Many thanks that checks are made for compliance. Not only that, but to report back that compliance to rules has been the result of this check.
I think you will find the Lurkers are reporting they checked and the hotel is in compliance and no fault was found and not that this check has made them complaint.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 1:52 am

Having just spent 3 nights (platinum 100), everything was fine, but just don't expect any benefits beyond the usual room/view upgrade. Would be nice if they would do some sort of drink/snack discount or vouchers to make it more competitive vs. nearby alternatives.

I also stayed 3 nights at the Westin paying about 800 THB more per night, and would happily pay the higher price to stay there again instead - breakfast, benefits/lounge/drinks, gym, location were all superior and well worth the extra cost.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Had a stay here last week.... My fifth stay here over the past few years.

*No upgrade - to be expected at Aloft.
*Rooms are really starting to show wear and are in need of a renovation. My room REEKED of mildew. Front desk reply "Sorry, we're sold out." I was tempted to just checkout and change hotels but I was tired and didn't feel like dealing with it at 01:00 hours after a 24 hour journey to BKK.
*Breakfast buffet spread was below average by SPG BKK standards.
*Clientele has changed quite a bit from prior stays. And not in a good way. Maybe it was just a timing issue.
*Tuk tuk was only available once during my stay to take me to the end of the soi to catch the BTS. A motorbike taxi will cost 20bht for the trip which is what I always tip the Aloft tuk tuk.
*Stumbled across an excellent Indian restaurant "Punjab Grill" around the corner inside the Radisson on Soi 13. Live music, relaxing environment and excellent food quality at an affordable price. Service was a bit slow but not out of the ordinary by BKK standards. I'll definitely return.

I followed up with the property after my stay and they offered a resolution for a future visit so I will give them another chance.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by hockeystl

Whether you are staying on cash or points is the cost is also below average.

You are comparing a Cat 2 buffet to Cat 3, 4, 5's. After reading all the negative reviews, personally I thought the buffet rocked it.
You should be comparing it to other Aloft buffets at which point you'd conclude that it is one of the best Aloft buffets in the world perhaps!

Just sayin...
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by hockeystl
Had a stay here last week.... My fifth stay here over the past few years.

*No upgrade - to be expected at Aloft.
*Rooms are really starting to show wear and are in need of a renovation. My room REEKED of mildew. Front desk reply "Sorry, we're sold out." I was tempted to just checkout and change hotels but I was tired and didn't feel like dealing with it at 01:00 hours after a 24 hour journey to BKK.
*Clientele has changed quite a bit from prior stays. And not in a good way. Maybe it was just a timing issue.
*Tuk tuk was only available once during my stay to take me to the end of the soi to catch the BTS. A motorbike taxi will cost 20bht for the trip which is what I always tip the Aloft tuk tuk.
*Stumbled across an excellent Indian restaurant "Punjab Grill" around the corner inside the Radisson on Soi 13. Live music, relaxing environment and excellent food quality at an affordable price. Service was a bit slow but not out of the ordinary by BKK standards. I'll definitely return.

I followed up with the property after my stay and they offered a resolution for a future visit so I will give them another chance.
Also stayed there recently for one night (arrived at 1am too) and the room reeked of mildew too! There was also mould near the sink, stains on bed and a missing cabinet door. The air in the room was so bad I kept blowing my nose and sneezing the whole night. Was too tired to be bothered to switch to another room.

Any chances you were in 1604? I told them about my experience via the email survey and they promised to "improve the room conditions".
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by schoflyer
You should be comparing it to other Aloft buffets at which point you'd conclude that it is one of the best Aloft buffets in the world perhaps!
Depends on how you look at it. If you're in Bangkok, there is only one Aloft; so there's no other choice. That the Aloft in Lexington, Mass., where I've stayed a few times, may have a better breakfast buffet, could be deemed irrelevant if you're traveling to Bangkok.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 5:59 am

I have stayed a few times now and always found the room except on one occasion to have a musky / damp dog smell about it.

The other thing I dislike is the bed, too hard for me and always ended up with a aching back.

When I did have breakfast there I thought it was very good, but then again I kept it simple and never looked for anything other than bacon, sausage, eggs and yoghurt.

I have been staying at the Four Points in Soi 15 more now and always check pricing against the Westin as sometimes it is not all that much more.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 10:35 am

Of the 20 or so different rooms I've had this year, I did have one that I needed to change out because of the musty/mildew smell.

I enjoyed the beds as my back is sensitive but they didn't result in any pain. I do like firmer mattresses.

I did a lot of the basics for breakfast as well. See my report in post #587
Old Aug 14, 2016, 2:22 am

I stayed here for one night last month. Luckily I brought my room spray and travel candle with me. The room smelled AWFUL!
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I stayed here for one night last month. Luckily I brought my room spray and travel candle with me. The room smelled AWFUL!
Yes!!! This problem seems to be very prevalent.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 4:33 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I was on this property and was lucky to get upgraded into their suite.

The girl kept repeating only this time.

Probably I have been stayed in this property for more than 10 times

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.