Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

W Paris Opéra, Opening Feb 14 2012: preopening discussion (category 7)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Paris Opéra, Opening Feb 14 2012: preopening discussion (category 7)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2012, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
just started looking into hotels for a weekend this summer, saw the new W, opening with a Cat 7 designation is, IMHO, presumptuous and obnoxious. Its a city hotel, not some outlandish resort somewhere.

Starwood thinks the W is too cool for school... manufactured cool and an attitude that goes with it.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by entropy
just started looking into hotels for a weekend this summer, saw the new W, opening with a Cat 7 designation is, IMHO, presumptuous and obnoxious. Its a city hotel, not some outlandish resort somewhere.

Starwood thinks the W is too cool for school... manufactured cool and an attitude that goes with it.
Yet if this hotel ends up with high occupancy at these rates, they are brilliant marketers and built the right hotel strategy. Its far too soon to criticize.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
Yet if this hotel ends up with high occupancy at these rates, they are brilliant marketers and built the right hotel strategy. Its far too soon to criticize.
Agreed.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
W Paris Opéra (Cat 7) - Master Thread

@WParisOpera (#WPO) tweeted 3 hours ago that they are now open!

You can visit them directly at: http://www.wparisopera.com/

Sorry I couldn't make it, but sending them my welcome!
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:52 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Exclamation Moderator Note

As the hotel has opened and the first substantive stay report has been posted, a new Master Thread has been created for discussion of the property. You can find that new thread here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

-AZ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.