Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

W Paris Opéra, Opening Feb 14 2012: preopening discussion (category 7)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2010, 4:11 pm
mjz
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Platinum

If I'm missing a thread with information regarding the W Paris - Opera, I apologize. I'll be in Paris at the end of April 2011. This property is to open April 1st, and I understand that chances are, the opening will be delayed. Any idea if this will be a cat 5 or 6? Thank you.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 4:17 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Most likely Category 6. You probably won't know if it will open on time until Feb 2011 at the earliest.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 4:31 pm
mjz
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Platinum
Good to know, thank you.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 2:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
W Paris - Opéra - Opening July 01, 2011

Just saw that there will be a new W hotel in Paris. Only found it in the new hotel thread but I think that many will miss that. good to see a new hotel in Paris now the Meridién will go.

In the heart of the city of lights, W Paris - Opéra is steps from the landmark Garnier Opéra House. If museums are not risqué enough, haute couture is just a short walk away. Luxury is all along the Rue de la Paix and Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré.
Retreat from the bustle of busy outside into the serenity of our 90 guest rooms and suites. Each of our rooms offers élan and ease in every nuance. Delight in plush pillow-top, signature W beds with 350-thread count sheets, terry robes and the BlissŽ sinkside six bath products.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 3:01 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Most likely Category 6. You probably won't know if it will open on time until Feb 2011 at the earliest.
Unless it's delayed before then.

New opening date on the website is now Dec 1, 2011.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:38 pm

anyone know what the restaurant will be? assume it will be very high profile
Old Feb 20, 2011, 12:18 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
How does the location of the forthcoming W compare to that of the other SPG properties? Specifically, in the context of tourism/sightseeing.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 2:22 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Skywards Gold
The area of L'Opera itself is central and a nice area with boutique shops, Galleries Lafayette and nice restaurants. I stayed there in the Intercon some years ago and loved it. A lot of the major sites are walkable (e.g. Notre Dame, Louvre, Champs Elysees) but not a short stroll by any stretch of the imagination, my advice would be plan a walking route one way then take the Metro back.

I see this is only a 90 room hotel too, given that most Paris properties are high categories would expect a very high rating for this one.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 6:22 am

Programs: Marriott Silver
The hotel website now has an opening date of "End of 2011", and notes that the hiring process has still not begun.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:14 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
Opening date now Jan 1st 2012!
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:40 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum, AA million miler, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by JohnSIN
Opening date now Jan 1st 2012!

While the SPG website states that the hotel is opening on January 1, 2012, is there usually a soft opening prior to that time?

I am going to be in Paris a few days prior to the New Year.

Thanks.

David
Old Jun 12, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: AC E, *A G, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, Porter Points
W Paris

Has anyone heard anything about this hotel?

Supposed to be opening in Jan 2012, I'd like to stay in Feb but it's not yet accepting reservations

Any idea on what category it will be and what the rates might look like?

I know this is quite vague...
Old Jun 12, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
I would predict it to be at least a cat 5 and probably a cat 6. I would imagine rates would be starting at $300 USD in low season and probably $500 or more during the summer months.

Just a guess.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Also, it was originally announced in Feb 2009. It was expected to open 4 months ago (Feb 2011). Then it was delayed until next month (July 2011). Then it was delayed until next January. In other words, it is a good thing that they haven't started taking reservations. Also, in that first year, especially in that first or second month, expect the 90 rooms to be booked rather quickly.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:34 pm
tjw

Noticed it's now listed as a Cat. 7 property on the Spg website

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.