Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Move SPG points to AA: 25-35% bonus thru June 30

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Move SPG points to AA: 25-35% bonus thru June 30

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2010, 2:34 am

Programs: CO GLD, *A GLD, A"A Lifetime GLD, Avis Pres. Club, SPG PLT, Hyatt DMND, Fairmont PRMR
Can the AAdvantage lurker comment...I have transactions all the way from June 23rd and on that only the miles from SPG posted and no bonus.

When should we expect all the missing bonuses and SPG transfers to be coming through?

Last edited by kingbear; Jul 2, 2010 at 6:54 am
Old Jul 2, 2010, 3:00 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by kingbear
Can the AAdvantage lurked comment...I gave transactions all the way from June 23rd and on that only the miles from SPG posted and no bonus.

When should we expect all the missing bonuses and SPG transfers to be coming through?
The T&Cs indicate bonus miles will be posted within 7 days of the transfer posting (not requested but posted). My SPG miles posted on Sunday so I expect the bonus miles will post no later than Sunday. I had Hyatt, Marriott, and Hilton miles post last Thursday and Friday. The bonus miles for each posted this morning.

UPDATE: The T&Cs indicate bonus miles will be posted within 7 business days of the original transfer posting, so AA has a few more days to post the bonus miles for the SPG transfers.

Last edited by controller1; Jul 2, 2010 at 3:22 am
Old Jul 2, 2010, 7:32 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Jealous of you all. However, this promo put me within 250k miles of lifetime Gold. Only 1,25 mm to go for lifetime Platinum.

Thanks SPG and AA!
Old Jul 2, 2010, 8:29 am

Programs: American Airlines, starwood
I called to transfer 60,000 pts on Saturday. The points have left my starwood account and nothing is posted to my AA account yet. Should I be concerned?
Old Jul 2, 2010, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shar161
I called to transfer 60,000 pts on Saturday. The points have left my starwood account and nothing is posted to my AA account yet. Should I be concerned?
AFAIK, transfer initiated on the SPG side batch from Friday to Friday, and post the following Sunday. So you missed the batch, and your points should post on the 4th. When the bonus would come, we don't yet know.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 9:00 am

Programs: American Airlines, starwood
OK thanks, I'll keep watchiing my account, it will post eventually.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 9:44 am

Thumbs down Unbelievable action from Starwood customer service - just robbed me of the bonus!

Originally Posted by josephstern
I'd take the chance. I'm guessing it's really just the first letter of the first name - my name could cause the same problem, as could many, many others.

The Starwood rep can tell us for sure, but plenty of his posts indicate that you can call to "rescue" problematic transfers and get the points back to SPG, so I think the risk is in not trying, frankly.
Maybe this will serve as a valuable lesson in facing over-eager customer service to others.

My first name spelling changed some time ago - a minor change, from Aleksandr to the correct Alexander. Over time I changed it on all almost accounts, but never got to Starwood. I changed it with AAdvantage last fall.

On pages 8-9 of this thread people talked about a similar problem (see the quote above.) Changing first name with Starwood takes faxing and wait time, so not to miss the bonus, I went ahead and transfered 60,000 Starpoints on June 30th and wrote emails to customer service of both Starwood and American Advantage just alerting them about this small difference in first name spelling and asking to please let the transfer (and bonus) go ahead and credit to my account anyway.

The next morning, quite incredibly and unexpectedly, AAdvantage representative called me to tell me he looked up my account, thought that there should be no problem with points credit, added a note stating that when these points appear in up to 2 weeks, they should be credited with bonus, and that he wanted to let me know all this over the phone, which was easier than emailing. I was very happy, thanked him very much, literally started making plans for AA reward tickets, and my respect for American Advantage skyrocketed.

Morning after that - i.e. today - I get an email from Starwood customer service saying names on the accounts must match, which is done for customer security, so she went ahead and cancelled my Starpoints transfer, crediting it back to my account.

Unbelievable. I am speechless. I have just been robbed by Starwood of 26,250 points which I was definitely going to receive on American.

Truly too much initiative in the fool's hands is much worse than no initiative at all.

I am incredibly pissed and upset.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 10:48 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Very confused.

Made small transfers from Priority Club and Hilton as well as a larger transfer from SPG all on June 21. Miles all showed up relatively quickly. Today the bonuses from the PC and Hilton showed up, but the SPG bonus is still missing.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: CO GLD, *A GLD, A"A Lifetime GLD, Avis Pres. Club, SPG PLT, Hyatt DMND, Fairmont PRMR
Originally Posted by troyb
Very confused.

Made small transfers from Priority Club and Hilton as well as a larger transfer from SPG all on June 21. Miles all showed up relatively quickly. Today the bonuses from the PC and Hilton showed up, but the SPG bonus is still missing.
You wouldn't be so confused had you read the thread...and I'm not even expecting you to read all 12 pages of the thread, just the last 20 posts or so should give you your answer four times over.

Don't be insulted, I'm guilty of this myself...
Old Jul 3, 2010, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.732 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by kingbear
Originally Posted by troyb
Very confused.

You wouldn't be so confused had you read the thread...and I'm not even expecting you to read all 12 pages of the thread, just the last 20 posts or so should give you your answer four times over.

Don't be insulted, I'm guilty of this myself...
I don't see anyone with the same situation as me or the answer. Transfered from several hotels, miles all arrived in my AA account the same day. Bonuses for the Hilton and PC transfers, but not SPG.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 5:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by sasha
Maybe this will serve as a valuable lesson in facing over-eager customer service to others.

My first name spelling changed some time ago - a minor change, from Aleksandr to the correct Alexander. Over time I changed it on all almost accounts, but never got to Starwood. I changed it with AAdvantage last fall.

On pages 8-9 of this thread people talked about a similar problem (see the quote above.) Changing first name with Starwood takes faxing and wait time, so not to miss the bonus, I went ahead and transfered 60,000 Starpoints on June 30th and wrote emails to customer service of both Starwood and American Advantage just alerting them about this small difference in first name spelling and asking to please let the transfer (and bonus) go ahead and credit to my account anyway.

The next morning, quite incredibly and unexpectedly, AAdvantage representative called me to tell me he looked up my account, thought that there should be no problem with points credit, added a note stating that when these points appear in up to 2 weeks, they should be credited with bonus, and that he wanted to let me know all this over the phone, which was easier than emailing. I was very happy, thanked him very much, literally started making plans for AA reward tickets, and my respect for American Advantage skyrocketed.

Morning after that - i.e. today - I get an email from Starwood customer service saying names on the accounts must match, which is done for customer security, so she went ahead and cancelled my Starpoints transfer, crediting it back to my account.

Unbelievable. I am speechless. I have just been robbed by Starwood of 26,250 points which I was definitely going to receive on American.

Truly too much initiative in the fool's hands is much worse than no initiative at all.

I am incredibly pissed and upset.
Wow, I dont blame ya one bit. Frankly, I would call SPG back and ask them to fix it. Do you stay there frequently? You could you use your staying frequency as a bargaining chip. Do not let this slide, and follow up on it.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 5:00 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
AAdvantage Bonus Points Posted

AAdvantage bonus points associated with SPG transfers through June 25 posted this morning in my account. I've gone over the 2MM number.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 5:52 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, Delta, SPG Gold, Marriott Sil., Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum Ambassador
Glad to see my bonus points post too
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mine posted now, too.

I've got to say, I really hate the way that AA posts these with older dates and sticks them back in the chart. From an auditing perspective, this is just awful. Often, when I get points, I can't even figure out what the new points are from.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:51 pm

Programs: UA
Bonus question?

Hello, my friend refers me to this site.

I transferred 60,000 points on June 30 to AA account. Today I checked the AA account, 75000 miles has been posted on June 30, but not yet the 35% bonus miles. Anyone knows when to post?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.