Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Move SPG points to AA: 25-35% bonus thru June 30

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Move SPG points to AA: 25-35% bonus thru June 30

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2010, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by sc flier
The N&F T&Cs say, "Nights & Flights Awards must be ordered at least 14 business days prior to the arrival date for a U.S. airline and at least 30 business days prior to arrival for a non-U.S. Airline. This will allow for processing of the airline transfer portion of the award."

So it sounds to me as if SPG shouldn't have an objection to moving the date to fewer than 14 days as long as the airline transfer has already completed successfully. The 14-day restriction allows SPG to be sure that the airline portion completes successfully before the stay begins.

Whether a CSR is allowed to do so, I do not know.
I have booked the Nights portion of a Nights & Flights award less than 14 days in advance more than once.

As posted above, I think the timing is so that the airline award can post so that you can use those miles for the same stay. If the PP doesn't have a current need for the miles and the hotel has availability, I think the PP will be able to book the desired dates at the time they request the award, even if they are less than 14 days out. -- Suzanne
Old Jun 24, 2010, 10:41 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by thebobmc
...Apologies for the long winded story, but I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed any important details. Thanks very much in advance for any wisdom you may be able to provide.
I think the only thing that is missing is that the associate you spoke to did not affect an airline transfer follow-up. Until that gets done, they are in limbo. Once the call comment code is placed on your account it takes about 5 business days to sort it out with American Airlines AAdvantage on our end. So, my best advice would be to call back SPG and ask for this airline transfer follow- up to be done.

Whether or not American Airlines AAdvantage could sort it out for you without our assistance, I have no idea.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jun 24, 2010, 10:42 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by SuzanneSLO
I have booked the Nights portion of a Nights & Flights award less than 14 days in advance more than once.

As posted above, I think the timing is so that the airline award can post so that you can use those miles for the same stay. If the PP doesn't have a current need for the miles and the hotel has availability, I think the PP will be able to book the desired dates at the time they request the award, even if they are less than 14 days out. -- Suzanne
Only if the associate makes a very grave error.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jun 24, 2010, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR

Does anyone know when is the cutoff for such transfers to be posted on Sunday and thereby hit your AA account?

This Sunday is the last go-around that will be eligible for the AA bonus, I believe, and therefore, all transfers would need to be wrapped up by this weekend or perhaps by Friday at the latest(?), and not on 6/30 -- which is techincally the last day of the promotion.
This is wrong, at least according to the quote in post #57 of this thread:

Originally Posted by YourAAdvantageVoice View Post
Thanks for everyone’s interest in our hotel conversion bonus miles offer – it is a sweet deal! We noticed that there’s some anxiety over conversions possibly being excluded if they post after the promotion period – but no worries! As long as you make the transaction within the time frame listed, then you will qualify for the bonus miles regardless of when the transaction is credited to your account.
<snip>

Enjoy!
Old Jun 24, 2010, 5:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dhacker
This is wrong, at least according to the quote in post #57 of this thread:
DHacker --

Thank you for pointing this out!!

I did not know that the AA Lurker had opined on this issue, nor that it had been mentioned in this thread! ^

I had missed that mention in that post, and inasmuch as others had been wondering when their miles would post, I thought that it was an open issue.

NJ
Old Jun 26, 2010, 9:52 am
Original Member

Had a question.

Can I make two transfers (40K and 20K) in one day as long as I don't exceed the 60K in one day.

Or do I have to stagger my two transfers above by 24 hours?

Does anyone know the cutoff to get miles to transfer by tomorrow? Is it today or early tomorrow.

Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: American Airlines, starwood
I've only transferred from SPG to air miles once. In post #105 they say that if you transfer 60K starpoints you end up with 101,250 AA points. What am I missing? I come up with 81,000 AA points and when I called AA that's the figure they gave me as well. Thanks for the help. They also confirmed that if you do the transfer within the dates stated you will get the bonus. No worrying about only posting the points on Sundays.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 12:36 pm

Programs: CO GLD, *A GLD, A"A Lifetime GLD, Avis Pres. Club, SPG PLT, Hyatt DMND, Fairmont PRMR
Originally Posted by shar161
I've only transferred from SPG to air miles once. In post #105 they say that if you transfer 60K starpoints you end up with 101,250 AA points. What am I missing? I come up with 81,000 AA points and when I called AA that's the figure they gave me as well. Thanks for the help. They also confirmed that if you do the transfer within the dates stated you will get the bonus. No worrying about only posting the points on Sundays.
Because when you transfer 60,000 SPG adds 5,000 points to each 20,000 you transfer, essentially making the transfer 75,000 points as far as A"A is concerned. And 35% of 75,000 is 26,250. 75,000 plus 26,250 is 101,250.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: American Airlines, starwood
Thanks kingbear, forgot about that part! I'm definately transferring!
Old Jun 26, 2010, 1:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by sggolf
Had a question.

Can I make two transfers (40K and 20K) in one day as long as I don't exceed the 60K in one day.

Or do I have to stagger my two transfers above by 24 hours?

Does anyone know the cutoff to get miles to transfer by tomorrow? Is it today or early tomorrow.

Thanks!
No, you are only allowed one transaction per member per frequent flyer program per day. Therefore, if you need to transfer 60K, do it all at one time. The deadline to get miles to transfer by tomorrow was yesterday (Friday).
Old Jun 27, 2010, 4:21 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, Delta, SPG Gold, Marriott Sil., Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum Ambassador
I look this morning expecting to see 67.5K miles added to my AA account. (40K SPG transfer) and instead there is only 50K. What happened?
Old Jun 27, 2010, 4:51 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I also see a 75K miles deposit but like you don't yet see the 35% bonus points.

Based on some previous posts in this thread, the 35% bonus points will show up as a different transaction. Maybe it will take a day or two for that one to show up. I wouldn't worry too much yet, give it a day or so.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 5:22 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Last Sunday morning when I checked, both the transfer and the bonus had posted. This morning, only the week's transfers are shown.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 5:53 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Also xfered 60k SPG points and only got 75k AA miles. My guess is that if it doesn't post by tomorrow, then AA is prolly waiting until the end of the promotion period (30 June) to post the remaining bonuses.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:02 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by controller1
Last Sunday morning when I checked, both the transfer and the bonus had posted. This morning, only the week's transfers are shown.
I'm relieved to learn I'm not the only one with this problem.

06/22/10 STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST 0 50,000 50,000
06/14/10 AADVANTAGE HOTEL PT TO MLS BNS 0 17,500 17,500
06/14/10 STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST 0 50,000 50,000

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.