Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Food and Restaurant quality at Starwood hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2010, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2 MM Plt, *wood Plt

The Master Threads about individual properties often have posts about the food and restaurants available at that hotel. But if there isn't a master thread about this very important topic in general, I think it's time to start one.

Please list properties where your food and restaurant experiences were memorable, both good and bad.

(Mods - if this is a duplicate idea, please close)
Old Mar 3, 2010, 4:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma has an excellent restaurant. One of the few hotel restaurants where I'll eat eevn when not staying at the hotel.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Cafe Sirk at The Bristol in Vienna, the Anna Amalia in The Elephant in Weimar and the main restaurant in The Furstenhof in Leipzig are all outstanding - pricey but not outrageously so.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Plaza Athenee Bangkok the Rain Tree breakfast.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 4:33 pm
Community Director Emerita

Ducca, Westin San Francisco - wonderful food; has an outdoor seating area which I loved

Michael Mina, Westin St Francis San Francisco
Old Mar 3, 2010, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.61 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Bukkhara at the ITC Maurya in Delhi.

West View at any of the ITCs that have them.

Blue Fin at W Times Sq. in NYC
Old Mar 3, 2010, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Kauai Grill at the St. Regis. 'Fantastic' doesn't do it justice!
Old Mar 3, 2010, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
The Remington Restaurant at St. Regis Houston I'm not much of a meat eater but every time I stay at Houston's St. Regis I have to order the St. Regis burger. I don't know what they do to it but it is the moistest, most satisfying burger I've ever had. I've had it both in the restaurant and room service, but it's usually room service.

Also, Le Meridien Cancun has a sandwich that I order out by the pool(Le St. Trop is the restaurant) that is mouth-watering. It's a Chicken Ciabatta and I was there last month and they didn't have it on the menu. BUT, they made it for me anyway. Chicken, a light cheese, and a huge grilled portobello mushroom w/ grilled onions- it is worth the stay just to get the sandwich.

"Ailoili" (Their main restaurant) is very nice and has a wonderful breakfast buffet- the amazing array of bread/rolls is spectacular. It's like going to a bakery. It's definitely worth the exercise you need to do later.

I'm a room service junkie but it is nice when you find a restaurant you like at a hotel you frequent. In fact, I believe that these special favorites are a huge part of why I return to these 2 hotels again and again.

Last edited by thaliajen; Mar 3, 2010 at 9:30 pm
Old Mar 3, 2010, 11:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For what it's worth, three downtown Minneapolis Starwood properties have interesting restaurants for foodies: Bank at the Westin, Porter & Frye at the Ivy (LC) and something close to d'Amica Cucina (changed recently) at Chambers (LM). All are moderately expensive, but I like Bank for the appetizers and the happy hour scene and P&F for power breakfasts and cheaper snacks/appetizers/small meals, including gourmet pizza. The W has a very expensive and very good steakhouse called Manny's, which used to be located in the Hyatt Regency. The Westin Edina has McCormick and Schmicks (seafood chain), plus several more choices in the attached Galleria shopping mall.

I concur on the Westin St Francis restaurant. Elsewhere, my Starwood dining experiences outside of Sheratons have generally been good, particularly at the Nines in Portland and St Regis Atlanta in the last six months or so, but not truly special. The other St Regis restaurants that I've tried have been better than OK but either not great or not good value.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
dakshin at the sheraton new delhi....perhaps the best restaurant in the city....
Old Mar 4, 2010, 5:39 am

Programs: *G, SPG Plat, Accor Plat
GB Corner at the Grande Bretagne in Athens - also great for viewing protests when they aren't throwing stuff toward the hotel
Spice Market at W Istanbul - Gotta love Jean-Georges
Old Mar 4, 2010, 6:11 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
for some reason i've always related the phrases "over priced" and "hotel restaurant". however, when i stayed at the sheraton suites at galleria/cumberland mall in ATL, i noticed restaurant.com had certificates for them.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 6:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Hotel Kmp, Helsinki is my favorite of all, though there are quite a few excellent ones through the system. Hotel Kmp has the small, elegant, understated courtesy that is Finland at it's best. The food is spectacularly well prepared and presented; although I can only speak of fish and seafood because I have had nothing else there.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 6:53 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Brunch at Norma's - at the Parker Meridien in NYC. Yummy breakfast!
Old Mar 4, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: EX-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Germany:

Weimar: Elephant, Anna Amalia *** also very good room service, Keller *
Leipzig: Frstenhof **
Leipzig: Westin very good room service, ( unfortunately never enought time for FALCO )
Mnchen: Westin, ZEN ** / Paulaners * / Bar **
Berlin: Westin **
Hamburg: LRM, Ciel ** also very good room service
Nrnberg: Sheraton **
Nrnberg: LM *
Dresden: Westin: too long ago ( 2006 )
Dresden: 4PTS: *
Lenggries: 4 PTS Brauneck: inhouse ^ / Grill * / **
Kln: 4PTS * / **

Italy:

Roma: Westin, Doneys *** / Hotel Bar *
Milano: Gallia *** also very good room service
Milano: Westin no comment and never again
Firenze: Sheraton *
Bolzano: 4PTS *
Turino: LM Tech & Art **
Turino: LM Lingotto ** good room service

Austria:

Salzburg: Goldner Hirsch ^
Salzburg: Sheraton **

*: good
**: very good
***: excellent / up to 1 star michelin
****: 2 star michelin
*****: 3 star michelin

Last edited by Forstbetrieb; Mar 4, 2010 at 11:11 am Reason: ranking...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.