FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Year-end 2009 gift from SPG: Limited-edition luggage tags (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1028082-year-end-2009-gift-spg-limited-edition-luggage-tags.html)

notquiteaff Dec 17, 2009 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II (Post 12995916)
Difficult to comment if Mrs. notquiteaff is eligible or not. For Gold members, only those who re-earned their Gold status through 2011 are eligible.

She should be requalified for Gold 2010 -- account shows 10 stays for 2009. I assume that's what you meant by "through 2011".

Oh well, like I said, not a big deal, but it appears there are a number of others who somehow slipped through the cracks, too.

dankyone Dec 19, 2009 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by PTahCha (Post 12997994)
Thanks for the gift! ^

Here's a picture of the silver luggage tag from the 2007 SPG Platinum kit:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/173/4...32b987bc8b.jpg

I had forgotten all about this one--as I recall, it did not have the member's name printed on it, you had to fill out your name on a piece of paper and shove it in the back of the tag. It didn't fit well, and the paper fell out only shortly before the tag fell off the bag. This one didn't last long.

Overall, though, let's not complain--this is a GIFT and let's not assume that receiving it will result in the elimination of some other unpublished benefit we had received in the past.

Braindrain Dec 20, 2009 1:01 am

Originally Posted by dankyone (Post 13021875)
I had forgotten all about this one--as I recall, it did not have the member's name printed on it, you had to fill out your name on a piece of paper and shove it in the back of the tag. It didn't fit well, and the paper fell out only shortly before the tag fell off the bag. This one didn't last long.

Huh? I've still got mine and it's still in excellent condition.

fred8ab Dec 20, 2009 1:26 pm

I got Plat this year but no E-Mail. Thanks for posting the link. It went fine for me hope to receive the tag next year. :D

Thanks Starwood! Thanks poster! :)

yosithezet Dec 21, 2009 1:35 am

Originally Posted by Braindrain (Post 13022194)
Huh? I've still got mine and it's still in excellent condition.

I wish I could say the same. Maybe I need to look for one on eBay.

BlueHenFlyer Dec 21, 2009 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker (Post 13001280)
The deadline has been re-set to Monday, December 21st by 11 AM U. S. Eastern time.

Not much use for those of who only read their e-mail today. So we have a useless Clear subscription followed by luggage tags that you have to jump through hoops to get.

So much for customer loyalty...

vysean Dec 21, 2009 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by BlueHenFlyer (Post 13030737)
Not much use for those of who only read their e-mail today. So we have a useless Clear subscription followed by luggage tags that you have to jump through hoops to get.

So much for customer loyalty...

While luggage tags will not make me more or less loyal, the fact that SPG has provided these "gifts" - whether or not you find them to be valuable, surely must count for something?

I used Clear a few times after SPG offered the free membership, and I was happy to have experienced it - I would probably never have paid for it on my own.

As for luggage tags, who really cares? It's a nice gesture. How can you hold SPG responsible for you not checking your email frequently? If I didn't check my email frequently, I wouldn't have all of these wonderful offers to make lots of money helping Nigerian businessmen and politicians... :p

Sam P. Goodman Dec 21, 2009 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by vysean (Post 13030988)
While luggage tags will not make me more or less loyal, the fact that SPG has provided these "gifts" - whether or not you find them to be valuable, surely must count for something?

I used Clear a few times after SPG offered the free membership, and I was happy to have experienced it - I would probably never have paid for it on my own.

As for luggage tags, who really cares? It's a nice gesture. How can you hold SPG responsible for you not checking your email frequently? If I didn't check my email frequently, I wouldn't have all of these wonderful offers to make lots of money helping Nigerian businessmen and politicians... :p

A few years ago, Ed McMahon knocked on my door while I was in the shower. I'm still ticked at him for not knocking louder.

nissan motor Dec 21, 2009 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Febs2 (Post 12993305)
A nice little bonus. I wonder if this is because I re-qualified for Platinum yesterday, or if it's just coincidental timing?

Cheers,
- Febs2.

Did every Platinum member get this? I am a European-based Plat and nothing gotta :confused:

ctouchard Dec 21, 2009 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by nissan motor (Post 13031053)
did every platinum member get this? I am a european-based plat and nothing gotta :confused:

welll maybe follow the link and put your info and you will see if you qualified or not
or if you have a friend in the usa change your spg mailing address to a usa one

nissan motor Dec 21, 2009 2:24 pm

This Starwood Preferred Guest® gift offer has expired.

We're sorry; this SPG® gift offer has expired. Please contact the SPG Customer Contact Center in your region with any questions.

Please visit SPG.com to see current SPG offers. View current offer >>

Phaaaa, Starwood :td::td::td:

And another few nights for January will go to Hyatt !

RAPC Dec 21, 2009 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by nissan motor (Post 13031252)

Over a luggage tag? What punishment are you saving them for something like an awful hotel stay? ;)

yosithezet Dec 21, 2009 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by nissan motor (Post 13031252)
This Starwood Preferred Guest® gift offer has expired.

We're sorry; this SPG® gift offer has expired. Please contact the SPG Customer Contact Center in your region with any questions.

Please visit SPG.com to see current SPG offers. View current offer >>

Whoohoo! Less competition for the suite upgrades!

izzik Dec 21, 2009 7:20 pm

Oops. Guess I missed out.

Too bad SPG doesn't just send them automatically to their members?

BTW, which e-mail option do we need to have checked in our profile?
The e-statements or the offers?

BlueHenFlyer Dec 21, 2009 9:22 pm

OK - maybe I wasn't clear enough - here's what I object to - try this out on your own clients some time -

Send them an e-mail (without anything in the subject line telling them they need to respond in a limited period of time), offering to send them their Christmas gift (or you could try it with your employees' Christmas bonuses) IF they respond within less than 48 hours. Horse hockey - bush league.

This is El Cheapo stuff - not what I would expect from a place that gets a good $15K+ a year in spend. United at least gives me two months to redeem when I pass mileage thresholds.

Last year they gave me a free night (BTW - worth far more than those luggage tags) - I didn't have to rush out and sign up for it...

I still use my LAST 2 SPG luggage tags..