FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Year-end 2009 gift from SPG: Limited-edition luggage tags (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1028082-year-end-2009-gift-spg-limited-edition-luggage-tags.html)

KENNECTED Dec 16, 2009 6:29 am

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh (Post 12995818)
Man, I just don't get it. SPG doesn't give us something, and people bltch. SPG doesn't give us something, and people bltch.

AMEN!! ^ ^

dingo Dec 16, 2009 8:00 am

Ordered mine today...thanks *wood!

silam Dec 16, 2009 8:16 am

*sniff* I'm a starwood plat and I got nada!

(I qualified in Nov)

davecanada Dec 16, 2009 8:35 am

Qualified for Plat 2 weeks ago, recvd email last night...

Nice little gift from *wood... Thanks!

PTahCha Dec 16, 2009 9:23 am

Thanks for the gift! ^

Here's a picture of the silver luggage tag from the 2007 SPG Platinum kit:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/173/4...32b987bc8b.jpg

Keyser Dec 16, 2009 9:44 am

thanks PTahCha....i think everyone was looking for a picture of the previous tag....

yosithezet Dec 16, 2009 10:12 am

Originally Posted by ctouchard (Post 12994043)
I hope it will be not the same luggage tags we got few years ago .... they were nice stainless steel and it was only 1 with and not 2 for each PLT...

Me too. I lost mine about a month ago. I think I even heard it clang on the cement floor but didn't realize that is what I was hearing. :(

Starwood Lurker Dec 16, 2009 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Breston (Post 12996251)
Well - my email address in my account is definitely not undeliverable, as I receive reservation confirmations all the time - the last one yesterday. Additionally, I do not have opted out for receiving SPG emails - I get offers from SPG quite regularly.

However, I don't get the Platinum gifts offers - neither this year nor last year.

I read about the Platinum gift last year here at FT, registered with the link provided here and got my free night gift. I registered for the new gift a few minutes ago - we'll see what happens.

Nevertheless, I still wonder why I don't get these offers. Does it depend on your citizenship? I am not a US resident.

The fact that you get confirmation emails from Starwood means nothing with regard to your opt-in status with SPG. If you are opted in to receive emails from SPG, then I would search my spam folder or ask your email provider what may have happened to prevent delivery of this and other promotional offers from SPG.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Boooma Dec 16, 2009 11:52 am

Only luggage tags for Gold??? :td::td::td::td:

BlissWorld Dec 16, 2009 11:55 am

Originally Posted by ImprovGal (Post 12994997)
What Starwood's not telling us is that these are TrackItBack luggage tags generously donated by a Mr. Doug Parker.

:D Shhhhh ;)

Originally Posted by PTahCha (Post 12997994)
Here's a picture of the silver luggage tag from the 2007 SPG Platinum kit:

Still hanging on my luggage. It's one of my favorite tags.

beta1607 Dec 16, 2009 12:44 pm

I am SPG Gold through spending and have not re-qualified yet for next year but I was eligible for this promotion.

christianj Dec 16, 2009 12:49 pm

No direct email an this offer from *W but when I went to the link provided I was evidently approved and ordered the tags. Thanks Starwood!

angeline77 Dec 16, 2009 1:10 pm

hope someone will post the photo of the tags once they get it..

Febs2 Dec 16, 2009 3:02 pm

That 2007 tag looks great! Hoping the 2009 one is similar, though by the sounds of it, it may be plastic this year.

Cheers,
- Febs.

Starwood Lurker Dec 16, 2009 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by ImprovGal (Post 12993728)
Oddly enough, while my email said the deadline was Friday noon, the Terms & Conditions say earlier:

"Eligible Starwood Preferred Guest® Elite members are able to receive one set of two (2) limited-edition SPG® luggage tags upon providing a valid shipping address. All eligible members have until December 17, 2009, 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time to provide a shipping address."

The deadline has been re-set to Monday, December 21st by 11 AM U. S. Eastern time.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]