FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Year-end 2009 gift from SPG: Limited-edition luggage tags (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1028082-year-end-2009-gift-spg-limited-edition-luggage-tags.html)

Febs2 Dec 15, 2009 3:51 pm

Year-end 2009 gift from SPG: Limited-edition luggage tags

A nice little bonus. I wonder if this is because I re-qualified for Platinum yesterday, or if it's just coincidental timing?

To celebrate your travels with us this year, we'd like you to have a set of limited-edition luggage tags as our gift to you. Take these with you on all your upcoming travels — they'll help represent you as an important part of the Starwood Preferred Guest® family.

During this holiday season, we want to take a moment to thank you for choosing SPG®. This has been an exciting year for us as we continued to expand our properties to offer you more choices in the places you like to visit. If you've stayed with Sheraton® this year, you may have experienced one of our newly renovated hotels, part of a beautiful $6 billion global transformation.

To receive your limited-edition tags, we just need the mailing address to which you'd like the tags sent. Simply click the link below, provide the address* by Friday, 18 December at Noon Eastern Standard Time and we'll mail your gift to you.
Cheers,
- Febs2.

CanuckFlyHigh Dec 15, 2009 3:52 pm

Year-end gift from SPG: Limited-edition luggage tags

Celebrate travel with a gift.

Verify My Address >>

To celebrate your travels with us this year, we'd like you to have a set of limited-edition luggage tags as our gift to you. Take these with you on all your upcoming travels — they'll help represent you as an important part of the Starwood Preferred Guest® family.

During this holiday season, we want to take a moment to thank you for choosing SPG®. This has been an exciting year for us as we continued to expand our properties to offer you more choices in the places you like to visit. If you've stayed with Sheraton® this year, you may have experienced one of our newly renovated hotels, part of a beautiful $6 billion global transformation.

To receive your limited-edition tags, we just need the mailing address to which you'd like the tags sent. Simply click the link below, provide the address* by Friday, December 18 at Noon Eastern Standard Time and we'll mail your gift to you.

Verify My Address >>

tkyoshi Dec 15, 2009 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh (Post 12993313)
Celebrate travel with a gift.

Verify My Address >>

To receive your limited-edition tags, we just need the mailing address to which you'd like the tags sent. Simply click the link below, provide the address* by Friday, December 18 at Noon Eastern Standard Time and we'll mail your gift to you.

Verify My Address >>

Just filled mine out! :cool:

Though they sure don't give you a lot of time to submit your info.

thepointsguy Dec 15, 2009 3:53 pm

I just received the email too and I requalified a while ago. I think they just sent it to everyone now. Probably won't use them, but thanks SPG ^

damon88 Dec 15, 2009 3:54 pm

FOR OUR BEST MEMBERS. A LIMITED-EDITION GIFT- Gold

I'm Plat but my DH is Gold.

He just received this email:

FOR OUR BEST MEMBERS. A LIMITED-EDITION GIFT

As of December 10, 2009, our records show that you've reached Gold status, and we'd like to take a moment to thank you for choosing SPG®. This has been an exciting year for us as we continued to expand our properties to offer you more choices in the places you like to visit. If you've stayed with Sheraton® this year, you may have experienced one of our newly renovated hotels, part of a beautiful $6 billion global transformation.

It's interesting that though he is comped Gold annually anyways (via both Cent card and 30K spend on *wood Amex) this is the first year he earned it the hard way and the first year he received a gift. If we are traveling together we typically book under my membership to maintain Plat.

So comped Gold and earned Gold are differentiated by SPG.

damon88 Dec 15, 2009 3:55 pm

Hey Febs-

GMTA (great minds think alike)

but ya beat me by a minute :)

zacktravel Dec 15, 2009 3:56 pm

A Tag? I hope this doesn't take the place of the free night they did last year. I have my AA tags, don't need more da*n tags. Tags???

IsleTraveller Dec 15, 2009 3:56 pm

I also received the email. I received some tags about 7 or 8 years ago that I still use. They are GREAT. ^

There is only a 3 day window to respond. That is not much time for people who are road warriors, like most Plat would be.

damon88 Dec 15, 2009 3:57 pm

My husband's clearly states this is a gift for Golds (scratching head)

I'm hoping Plats get something nicer.

My husband's link has GOLD in it. Did yours have PLAT ?

why fly Dec 15, 2009 3:58 pm

last year I got a free night hotel stay I hope the luggage tags are not instead of that :)

tkyoshi Dec 15, 2009 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by damon88 (Post 12993366)
My husband's clearly states this is a gift for Golds (scratching head)

I'm hoping Plats get something nicer.

My husband's link has GOLD in it. Did yours have PLAT ?

Yes gold/plat appears to be the same gift, maybe the tags are slightly different.

Originally Posted by why fly (Post 12993371)
last year I got a free night hotel stay I hope the luggage tags are not instead of that :)

Didn't the free night come out closer to Feb? So I assume if there is something it would probably be around the same time frame or at least I hope!

Febs2 Dec 15, 2009 3:59 pm

Anyone got a photo of what the prior-year ones looked like? The eBay auction link in a previous thread is long dead..

Cheers,
- Febs.

sbtinme Dec 15, 2009 3:59 pm

Just filled out the info page, but add me to the list of PLATS hoping for a free night or free week (free month???!?)

zacktravel Dec 15, 2009 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by why fly (Post 12993371)

I hear ya! I am afraid they might be. I don't need any tags, my AA ExPlat tags willl do just fine.

gowarty Dec 15, 2009 4:02 pm

I didn't get the email, could someone publish the link so we can register? Thanks.