FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Year-end 2009 gift from SPG: Limited-edition luggage tags (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1028082-year-end-2009-gift-spg-limited-edition-luggage-tags.html)

gleff Dec 15, 2009 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by chrisdeaner (Post 12994125)
I haven't seen this email yet...hopefully it comes, could use a new tag!

Just sign up using the link noted above, if you're eligible you don't need to click via an email... just enter your SPG # and they'll let you know if you get luggage tags!

https://www.spgpromos.com/TagGift/index.cfm

Now, I entered my # and ordered my tags, I have plenty of elite luggage tags so hopefully these are nice enough to warrant a place on my bags ;)

Regardless, it's a little somethin' somethin' that Starwood didn't have to do. So thanks!!

6am at ORD Dec 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Best Tags: Fairmont - Name on one side, Fairmont's 800# on the other. They will reunite you and your bags even. Also, it's fun when people give a 25 year old a second look or start a conversation when the see Fairmont Platinum.

Worst Tags: Priority club - Write your info on the back, cheap feeling. Family likes them, so not all bad.

luxury Dec 15, 2009 6:36 pm

This was a nice surprise and one that is very much appreciated. Another reason why I make sure to maintain Platinum with SPG.

Plumber Dec 15, 2009 6:38 pm

Thanks for posting the link. Am travelling and would not have seen it otherwise.

Thanks SPG!

Plumber

sapguy Dec 15, 2009 7:47 pm

Got the email tonight and ordered my luggage tags right the way.

The old SPG Platinum luggage tag of a few years ago is still attached to my rollaboard but it's beat up and bent, so a replacement is definitely welcome ^

todorovic Dec 15, 2009 7:55 pm

What info is shown on the tags?

Can someone who has these tags tell us what info is included on the tags? Is the mailing address used to ship these the one used for the tags?

TIA

kitsura Dec 15, 2009 7:59 pm

I really don't see much point in giving out luggage tags the one given out by SQ breaks and falls off so easily and besides it might also make your luggage a target for thieves.

pokeable Dec 15, 2009 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by ctouchard (Post 12994097)
The Gold members got the same e mail... I hope it will be different colors for sure as we are PLATINUM.....members....if not it is nothing really special.... for sure as every members will get the same luggage set...

This gold isn't eligible. Just requalified too last weekend. :(

ldsant Dec 15, 2009 9:00 pm

It amazes me how some folks seem to look a gift horse in the mouth. This was a very nice and pleasant surprise. Thanks Starwood; I am appreciative of this!

ImprovGal Dec 15, 2009 9:08 pm

What Starwood's not telling us is that these are TrackItBack luggage tags generously donated by a Mr. Doug Parker.

noirpepper Dec 15, 2009 9:09 pm

nicely done starwood. too bad I am letting my plat slide for a little bit, looking at 25 stays by March 2010 though :D thanks SPG!

yyliu88 Dec 15, 2009 9:11 pm

Anything else:D I have too many tags from AA, BMI,NWA custom made.

Starwood Lurker II Dec 15, 2009 9:26 pm

1. There are differences between luggage tags for Platinum and Gold members(though not much).

2. A picture of one of our beautiful properties together with its name will be featured. Flip it around and there will be spaces for you to fill up your name, address, 2 phone numbers and email addy.

3. Your luggage tag will be packaged within a beautiful brochure. Delivery within US will take 3 weeks or more. Delivery outside the US will take at least 5 weeks, which also means even if you are in Australia, you might be eligible for "tagging".

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd

anson1023 Dec 15, 2009 9:43 pm

too bad...
I am SPG GOLD...and I haven't got the email

Also tried the link...seems i am not targeted...

really wanna get one...

:mad::mad::mad:

DCFlyer0306 Dec 15, 2009 9:52 pm

I appreciate the gift and look forward to receiving the tags but really hope this does not replace the free night or similar gift in 2010