Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Oklahoma City, OK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Oklahoma City, OK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2006, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
Arrow Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Oklahoma City, OK [Master Thread]

Completed a one night stay last night at the Sheraton Midwest City Oklahoma hotel, one of the few new "model" Sheraton properties.

The good:
- in a pretty major shopping area, as far as I can tell, including a few restaurants, a super walmart across the street, Home Depot, etc.
- Thermostat controlled heating/cooling that actually shuts off once it cools down
- Very new building, nice bathrooms in rooms, new LCD TVs on walls, very large desk
- Free continental breakfast as plat. on club floor
- 2 free welcome drinks as a platinum (I asked for a red wine and he doubled up my serving of wine in exchange for the coupon)
- VERY responsive and good service. I had one minor problem getting into my room and the front desk guy apologized profusely and immediately brought me a replacement key
- Recognized as platinum and greeted warmly, offered choice of amenity

The bad:
- key didn't work in the door. this happens a lot, so no big deal.
- No shampoo or conditioner in the bathroom (I guess housekeeping forgot?)
- Said there would be free continental breakfast in the lounge, but upon arriving in the morning, there was no breakfast. went down to front desk to get coupon for breakfast (good for cont. breakfast), got one no problem, but no continental breakfast in restaurant this morning

Overall, a very nice hotel with some additional work to do to get up to a commendable level. I think due to a light load of people last night service suffered a bit this morning. The parking lot was nearly empty when I arrived at 10:30 pm, and this morning I only saw 5-6 newspapers outside doors on my floor, and I woke up early...
Old May 21, 2008, 7:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Sheraton Oklahoma City or Midwest City (and other questions)?

Hi all,

I'm SPG plat, and currently have 2 separate 2 week long reservations at the OKC Sheraton.

Questions include:

Should I switch to Midwest City or stay at the downtown Sheraton?

I've never stayed this long at an SPG property. Will they comp the internet if I request it (I can't expense it)? I will cancel my reservation otherwise and stay at a Marriott property with free internet. 4 weeks is too long to pay for internet out of pocket ($280? )

Does anyone know if parking is free at the downtown property?

Does anyone know if there is an early departure penalty on government rates?

Thanks all.
Old May 21, 2008, 10:33 pm

Programs: SPG Plat; IHG Spire Amb; Marriott Diamond; HHonors Gold; AA Exec Plat; United 1K
If you have to choose between the Midwest City Sheraton and the Downtown OKC Sheraton, the only difference as far as price is the parking. Its free at the Midwest City property and $8.00 a day at the Downtown property. Despite the parking cost, I would chose the Downtown property over the Midwest City one everytime. I guess it doesn't hurt to call the property and request them to comp the internet service, but I have about 20 stays there this year and have never had comped internet service. (although I haven't asked). I always stay on the government rate and have had to depart early and it was no problem, but I do know the staff very well.

Hope this helps.
Old May 22, 2008, 7:03 am

I've stayed at both recently. The internet at Midwest City is $5.95 compared to downtown at $9.95. The Club Lounge at Midwest City has better food and free beer and wine. If you can tolerate the location, Midwest City is newer, cleaner, and nicer.
Old May 22, 2008, 9:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
Why in the world would they comp internet service?? It's not any type of perk.
Reasons:
1. I will be staying long-term and cannot go without unlike if I was to stay for one night.

2. They will lose a 4 week long reservation to Marriott if they don't.

3. I would be paying out of pocket, which would equal appx $280 for one month of internet service! (screw that).

Thanks to all who replied regarding the difference between the two properties.
Old May 22, 2008, 12:32 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I have stayed at the Midwest location and found it to be very pleasant. Alas, I can't offer a comparison to the downtown location.
Old May 22, 2008, 2:19 pm

Programs: SPG Plat; IHG Spire Amb; Marriott Diamond; HHonors Gold; AA Exec Plat; United 1K
Originally Posted by DCHokie80
I've stayed at both recently. The internet at Midwest City is $5.95 compared to downtown at $9.95. The Club Lounge at Midwest City has better food and free beer and wine. If you can tolerate the location, Midwest City is newer, cleaner, and nicer.
Yes the internet price is correct, but I have to disagree about the Lounge. Both offer free beer and wine, and having stayed multiple times at both this year, I believe the food is better at the OKC location. It also depends on what your in town for, and where you need to be located. The downtown OKC location is great while the MWC is not.
Old May 22, 2008, 8:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, spg, Delta skymiles, marriott rewards
Stay downtown, it is within walking distance of Bricktown, OKC's version of San Antonio's Riverwalk, only newer and cleaner. Toby Keith's I Love this Bar & Grill, a very upscale bowling alley (yes, UPSCALE), fantastic restaurants including Coaches and Mantles, and the best minor league ballpark in America,
the Bricktown Ballpark of the OKC Redhawks. Also a 16 screen theater, shopping and concerts at the Ford Center across the street, recently saw Bon Jovi, Martina McBride, and will be taking my 12 year old daughter to the biggest kid act this side of Hannah Montana, the Jonas Brothers, to their sold out concert in the 18000 seat Ford Center, home of the NBA Oklahoma (Thunder?), which OKC stole from the latte-sipping, computer nerd, grunge rock loving Seattle area. Also, right across the street from the downtown Sheraton is a newer Renaissance. Probably a nicer hotel. Don't stay in MWC unless you need to be at Tinker Air Force Base 24-7. MWC is nothing but fast food and fast airplanes.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 1:57 pm
Bob

Programs: AA 2MM
Umm, Mold Remediation in Progress?

http://newsok.com/workers-address-mo...?tm=1213043621

or

http://tinyurl.com/3htea3
Old Jun 19, 2008, 4:44 pm

Programs: DL Silver, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred
I'm glad most of my time is spent in Bricktown at the Sheraton OKC. I wonder if this will have any impact on the lounge.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 10:56 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by travelingtireman
Stay downtown, it is within walking distance of Bricktown, OKC's version of San Antonio's Riverwalk, only newer and cleaner. Toby Keith's I Love this Bar & Grill, a very upscale bowling alley (yes, UPSCALE), fantastic restaurants including Coaches and Mantles, and the best minor league ballpark in America,
the Bricktown Ballpark of the OKC Redhawks. Also a 16 screen theater, shopping and concerts at the Ford Center across the street, recently saw Bon Jovi, Martina McBride, and will be taking my 12 year old daughter to the biggest kid act this side of Hannah Montana, the Jonas Brothers, to their sold out concert in the 18000 seat Ford Center, home of the NBA Oklahoma (Thunder?), which OKC stole from the latte-sipping, computer nerd, grunge rock loving Seattle area. Also, right across the street from the downtown Sheraton is a newer Renaissance. Probably a nicer hotel. Don't stay in MWC unless you need to be at Tinker Air Force Base 24-7. MWC is nothing but fast food and fast airplanes.
I've been at the downtown Sheraton the last couple nights and agree heartily with this analysis.

As a plat I'm in a pretty plain room but on the 'club' 15th floor. The club has breafast and happy hour (I got 4 drink certs for my 2-night stay...no one ever said the words 'platinum amenity' but I presumed this is what that was).

The gym is sparse but free (not just for plats).

The key, though, is that everything both business and pleasure is walkable...from the convention center to the Redhawks ballpark (where Dave Matthews played earlier in the week). And speaking of Green Lake loving DM, I LOVE it that they took the Supersonics from the 'pretending to be too cool to care' Seattlites. Way to go OKC!

Old Aug 18, 2008, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by travelingtireman
Stay downtown...
All good reasons to stay at the downtown property... but only if one has time to partake of any of that whilst staying there. Sadly for me, despite multiple week long stays, I've never managed to find the time.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 9:00 am

I did a month long hop between the Sheraton OKC and Sheraton Midwest City in July.

Sheraton OKC

This is probably one of the best run club lounges I've been in the States. The attendents are great, the food at night is really good (new chef), and they are on the ball. The only thing I didn't care for in the lounge was the drink cards needed for alcohol. If they got rid of that, it gets an A+ for a club lounge. The beer selection is very good as well.

The rooms are standard, and the jr suites (2) are just accessable rooms with an extra lounge chair in them. The Presidential Suites (2) are very large and on the 15th floor (club lounge floor).

The lobby is really nice and lobby bar is well done, but they are a little proud of their room service prices.

It's in the perfect location for Bricktown...about a 3 minute walk.

Self-parking is $8/day and the parking garage takes you directly to the 3rd floor. Tip if you stay here...get your parking pass first when you check in and then take your car up to the garage.

The gym is small with three treadmills, a couple of cross trainers and a couple of bikes and free weights.

Sheraton Midwest City

Much newer and the rooms are very nice. It has five floors with the lounge on the 5th. The elevator opens right into the lounge, which is very nice and cozy, and kind of feels like you are sitting in your living room. The attendents are equally as good, friendly, and stay on the ball. Their drink selection is either Bud or Bud Light and a red or white wine. The breakfast isn't as good as downtown, but not bad overall.

The rooms are spacious with wall mounted plasmas and nice size bathrooms. It's about a 10 minute drive to OKC, so not bad if you have to commute.

The Midwest City will welcome you as a SPG Plat member as well.

The bar downstairs is pretty nice with plenty to drink and the food is some of the better for that area.

The staffs at both locations are excellent with no issues. In fact, after the 2nd stay at both, I never even had to give a credit card or ID. I would walk up and was handed the key to the room almost every time.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 9:15 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
BTW, just discovered free internet terminal and printer in the downtown OKC club. ^
Old Aug 19, 2008, 1:24 pm

Both properties have free internet and print/copy/fax in the club lounge. The Sheraton OKC has a business lounge with two computers and Midwest City has free WiFi in the lobby. There are no free WiFi spots in the Sheraton OKC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.