Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Oklahoma City, OK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Oklahoma City, OK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2008, 11:06 am

Programs: UA: 1P, SPG: PLT
Thoughts on the Sheraton Oklahoma City - Cox Convention Center?

I am looking to travel to OKC tomorrow and Friday (8/28 and 8/29) and possibly go back next week. I searched and could only find posts from 2005 for the Sheraton Oklahoma City, connected to the Cox convention center.

Any recent recommendations? I saw a few posts on the Sheraton Midwest City from this year. Is either better? I will be working about 2 miles from the convention center.

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 27, 2008, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by grlittle
I am looking to travel to OKC tomorrow and Friday (8/28 and 8/29) and possibly go back next week. I searched and could only find posts from 2005 for the Sheraton Oklahoma City, connected to the Cox convention center.

Any recent recommendations? I saw a few posts on the Sheraton Midwest City from this year. Is either better? I will be working about 2 miles from the convention center.

Thanks in advance!
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Sheraton OKC on Broadway last night. As a platinum guest, they treated me very well, with all the standard amenities. The club floor lounge had a modern room, LCD TV with HD, access to the club room, which had a pretty full appetizer selection, beer/wine, and soft drinks. It also had a self service Iced Tea and Coffee bar open 24/7.

The valet service was excellent and had my car up for me by the time I got downstairs, and they even had lemonade and cookies for all guests while waiting for your transportation.

I can not recommend this hotel enough in terms of options in OKC.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 12:13 pm

Location: WashDC - AA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Cal Tort Burrito Elito
I stayed there in January '06 and was quite pleased. Had an upgrade to a two room suite on the club floor and the club lounge had something very rare for U.S. based club lounges ... free liquor.

Location was also good for our tourist trip, though downtown itself was pretty dead after dark (even during the day seemed strangely devoid of life). Walking distance though to most places we wanted to go including the memorial and Bricktown.

Otherwise seemed like a pretty standard downtown Sheraton, but we had an excellent stay (of course a suite and free drinks may have influenced my opinion ). YMMV.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL Silver, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred
I spent almost all of July in the Sheraton OKC, and it has one of the best run club lounges in the states. The staff is friendly, and it's a two minute walk to Bricktown.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 11:24 am

Programs: UA: 1P, SPG: PLT
Thanks for the input. My trip this week was cancelled but i'll probably be there next week.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 2:33 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I have a stay coming up and was hoping to hear some recent info on the Downtown Sheraton, and the Lounge. Do they still have complimentary alcohol?
Old Aug 4, 2011, 3:01 pm

I was at the Downtown Sheraton about 2 months ago. Schedule didn't allow me to visit the lounge but as far as the hotel goes it was fine. Nothing special. I was "upgraded" to the SPG floor and the room looked as if it was newly renovated. Bathroom was old but clean. Great location but a lot of construction going on downtown with a lot of closed streets.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 9:39 pm

Downtown Sheraton Lounge

No longer has complimentary liquor
Old Sep 9, 2012, 9:45 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Stayed here on Friday and was quite impressed! I didnt expect much considering locatin but wow, way better service and club lounge than say the Westin Keirland (see my post on Keirland Master thread)

Beautiful looking exterior and interior. Looks new. Rooms have that dark wood look and again look newer.

Club Lounge exalt or access opens directly into the lounge.

Super nice staff working, REAL food..ie it was my dinner and was more than enough.

Yes there was complimentary wine, 2 different reds and whites. There was a tip jar where the staff member sits so throw n a buck or two..they poured for you and everything.

Met the SPG sponsored Band "Carolina Liar" in the lounge...they had a tricked out bus upfront painted up with Aloft Hotels and their name.

Front desk was very helpful sending a couple longer faxes for me.

Highly recommend for a night or a week.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 4:46 pm

Programs: recovering WN Preferred and SPG Plat
Unhappy

They must have changed polices again. I'm told there is no complimentary drinks in the club lounge. $4 for a glass of wine.

At least the Internet is free.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Southwest Rapid Rewards A-List, HHonors Gold
I stayed here recently and was disappointed that there was no free drinks in the club lounge as well. The people at the bar are great and took care of me. I stayed in for dinner a few times due to the inclement weather. Kudos to them!
Old Nov 15, 2015, 11:58 am

Stayed a single night at the downtown Sheraton in OKC this weekend, cannot say enough good things about this place.

We stayed on a government rate on my statusless SO's account, so deserved no perks. Booked a club room standard double, and requested a $30 upgrade to suite as advertised via email - definitely didn't expect it, as even base rooms were going for twice what we paid, and the only suite available online was the $700 presidential. Still worth a try, right?

I mentioned the upgrade request to the FD rep, and was offered a non club floor parlor suite - he assured me we'd still get lounge access, so I gratefully accepted. Unfortunately (?) it turned out they did not have those available after all, so they put us in a Presidential suite on the club floor. Score - what a lovely birthday surprise! The suite was fantastic, of course.

We thoroughly enjoyed the lounge - nicely appointed area with slightly better than standard all day snacks and drinks. The real treat was the evening spread - it didn't look like much, but the fruit was the highest quality fruit I have eaten in many, many moons. Berries, melons, and grapes were all deliciously sweet and at exactly the right stage of ripe. It seems somewhat silly to rave about the fruit, but if you have a weakness for perfect strawberries, you'll understand. The cheese selection was slightly above average as well, including a delicious smoked aged cheddar that I wish I'd thought to inquire about. The hot offering was meh, but overall I was quite impressed. More lounges could follow this example - keep it simple, fine, but keep the quality high!

Every staff member we encountered was friendly and efficient, and we were granted a 2pm late checkout without hassle despite being in their best room with no status in a convention center hotel. Kudos all around.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bpoe19
Both properties have free internet and print/copy/fax in the club lounge. The Sheraton OKC has a business lounge with two computers and Midwest City has free WiFi in the lobby. There are no free WiFi spots in the Sheraton OKC.
So this one doesn't have link@Sheraton? I thought all USA Sheratons would have it by now, including free WiFi in the vicinity.

ADDED: I suspect that the hotel has added this since the (very old, as I just realized) post I quoted.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Nov 16, 2015 at 9:04 am
Old Nov 16, 2015, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
So this one doesn't have link@Sheraton? I thought all USA Sheratons would have it by now, including free WiFi in the vicinity.

ADDED: I suspect that the hotel has added this since the (very old, as I just realized) post I quoted.
I can verify that they have the link@Sheraton now, though I didn't make use of it. Several computers (4+?) with a laser printer. I don't know how the wifi works downstairs, but I had excellent service upstairs - including full signal whilst lounging in the jacuzzi tub =p
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
I have stayed in both the downtown OKC and Midwest City, both have Link, and both have wifi for elites included.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.