FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Oklahoma City, OK [Master Thread]
Old Aug 19, 2008, 9:00 am
bpoe19

Programs: DL Silver, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred
I did a month long hop between the Sheraton OKC and Sheraton Midwest City in July.

Sheraton OKC

This is probably one of the best run club lounges I've been in the States. The attendents are great, the food at night is really good (new chef), and they are on the ball. The only thing I didn't care for in the lounge was the drink cards needed for alcohol. If they got rid of that, it gets an A+ for a club lounge. The beer selection is very good as well.

The rooms are standard, and the jr suites (2) are just accessable rooms with an extra lounge chair in them. The Presidential Suites (2) are very large and on the 15th floor (club lounge floor).

The lobby is really nice and lobby bar is well done, but they are a little proud of their room service prices.

It's in the perfect location for Bricktown...about a 3 minute walk.

Self-parking is $8/day and the parking garage takes you directly to the 3rd floor. Tip if you stay here...get your parking pass first when you check in and then take your car up to the garage.

The gym is small with three treadmills, a couple of cross trainers and a couple of bikes and free weights.

Sheraton Midwest City

Much newer and the rooms are very nice. It has five floors with the lounge on the 5th. The elevator opens right into the lounge, which is very nice and cozy, and kind of feels like you are sitting in your living room. The attendents are equally as good, friendly, and stay on the ball. Their drink selection is either Bud or Bud Light and a red or white wine. The breakfast isn't as good as downtown, but not bad overall.

The rooms are spacious with wall mounted plasmas and nice size bathrooms. It's about a 10 minute drive to OKC, so not bad if you have to commute.

The Midwest City will welcome you as a SPG Plat member as well.

The bar downstairs is pretty nice with plenty to drink and the food is some of the better for that area.

The staffs at both locations are excellent with no issues. In fact, after the 2nd stay at both, I never even had to give a credit card or ID. I would walk up and was handed the key to the room almost every time.