Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Master Thread Of Discussion Of CO Joining *a-27 Oct 2009

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master Thread Of Discussion Of CO Joining *a-27 Oct 2009

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2009, 9:28 pm

Continental join date for *A?

I'm sure I read somewhere that Continental are joining the Star Alliance network. Anyone know when it's happening?

Thanks.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 10:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Mikey07
Anyone know when it's happening?
25th October 2009 is current date.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 3:27 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Not a BD issue this, so we'll move the query onwards to the *A forum, where it will no doubt be merged into an existing thread, or closed.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 3:39 am

Programs: NZ , QF , MK
Originally Posted by GrayBDG
25th October 2009 is current date.
I think that should read 'not earlier than 25/10/09' , while many , myself included , hope that the transition will be made within hours of CO escaping from Skyteam I have so far seen nothing from an official source to indicate that CO will definitely join on the 25th .
Old Jul 1, 2009, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC: SILVER. BMIDC SILVER
More than one *A patner

Hi,

This is my first post - apologies if this has been asked before.

I am currently a member of BMI Diamond Club but am travelling long haul with Singapore later this year.

Am I able to join SA's Kris Flyer and still earn *A points on both BMI & SA?

I joined BMI last year before the were taken over by Lufthansa - BMI is no good to me now as they have cut their Manchester routes.

Andy
Old Jul 1, 2009, 9:11 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Andygeog, Welcome to FT!

Andy you can join multiple *A programs but will be able to earn miles/points for only one program for a given flight. This should be determined / recorded prior to the flight.
You might also wonder about transferring previously earned credits to another program -- general this is not offered and when possible has extremely poor exchange rates.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Continental Entering Star - When ?

I did a search but could not find any information on this. Does anyone know when CO will be a member of Star? CO gives very bague dates.

Thanks
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:58 pm

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TonyBurr
I did a search but could not find any information on this. Does anyone know when CO will be a member of Star? CO gives very bague dates.

Thanks
The only firm date that has been announced is CO's exit from SkyTeam which is Oct. 24 '09. The rest is only conjecture and speculation at this point but today's announcement by the DOT is encouraging. We may hear something more definite very soon. Stay tuned!
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:26 pm

some fresh news for you

http://www.thetransnational.travel/n...ance.Jul-09.22

...With approval to join an antitrust-immunized grouping of Star Alliance partners finally secured (with some caveats), Continental Airlines this week detailed the process it would follow in exiting the SkyTeam alliance. That process includes a winding down through the end of July of code shares with SkyTeam's Delta and Northwest airlines; a few days of alliance limbo after officially ending SkyTeam participation this fall; and longer-term plans related to common IT systems with Star anchor United Airlines and a joint venture with United, Lufthansa and Air Canada. "With our final flight on 24 October, we will leave SkyTeam," said outgoing Continental CEO Larry Kellner. "We will be in Star just as fast as we can be after that. We just can't do anything until we get out of SkyTeam to jointly market with Star partners. It won't be seamless; it will be a couple days in transition." ...

as expected transition will be quick , but not instantaneous .
Old Jul 23, 2009, 9:58 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by kiwiandrew
some fresh news for you

http://www.thetransnational.travel/n...ance.Jul-09.22

...With approval to join an antitrust-immunized grouping of Star Alliance partners finally secured (with some caveats), Continental Airlines this week detailed the process it would follow in exiting the SkyTeam alliance. That process includes a winding down through the end of July of code shares with SkyTeam's Delta and Northwest airlines; a few days of alliance limbo after officially ending SkyTeam participation this fall; and longer-term plans related to common IT systems with Star anchor United Airlines and a joint venture with United, Lufthansa and Air Canada. "With our final flight on 24 October, we will leave SkyTeam," said outgoing Continental CEO Larry Kellner. "We will be in Star just as fast as we can be after that. We just can't do anything until we get out of SkyTeam to jointly market with Star partners. It won't be seamless; it will be a couple days in transition."...

A bit OP, but which flight will be the official last flight on 10/24/09?

LAX
Old Jul 23, 2009, 11:45 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by LAX
A bit OP, but which flight will be the official last flight on 10/24/09?

LAX
Just a guess: CO767 SEA-IAH. Leaving SEA at 23.59. Another late one will be CO14 HNL-EWR leaving at 1950 arriving at 1130 +1.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Just a guess: CO767 SEA-IAH. Leaving SEA at 23.59. Another late one will be CO14 HNL-EWR leaving at 1950 arriving at 1130 +1.
the former sounds like a pretty good guess to me

( there is also a 20:30 departure from HNL to LAX but I am guessing that 23:59 will happen in SEA after 20:30 happens in HNL , IIRC the time difference the two zones is 2 hours ? and CO's international network is pretty much all located in time zones ahead of the US so they will already be in 25/10 while you guys are stuck in 10/24 )
Old Jul 27, 2009, 2:46 am

I am due to travel LON-NYC at the end of November and am about to book my flights. Am considering booking the CO flights between LHR and EWR and knowing CO will be part of *A by the end of November could sway it for me as I will, all being well, be *G by then.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, AA Exec Platinum, TG ROP, WOH Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum
Can anyone speculate on how CO *A awards will be doled out in comparison to other *A partners, such as UA?

From experience, UA has great availability on *A partners like TG and NH, etc...

Are *A award tix doled out equally to all *A partners?

Just wondering how this will work.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, AS MVPG
CO joining Star Alliance on Oct 27, 2009

Perhaps this is old news but perhaps not: Oct 27 is the date.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US.../alliance.aspx

Oh - I see the folks in the CO forum noticed the update also!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.