Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Two programs both show 1 ticket available so how many total tickets are available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two programs both show 1 ticket available so how many total tickets are available

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2024, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Question Two programs both show 1 ticket available so how many total tickets are available

I am looking for a reward business flight from ICN to SFO.
1) What I found is that on a specific datetime, both LifeMiles and AeroPlan showed a reward ticket available operated by Asiana. Does it mean both LifeMiles and AeroPlan hold one reward ticket or they have one shared ticket from Asiana?
2) Let's say I go ahead and book with LifeMiles first with one ticket. And afterwards, AeroPlan stills show availability and I book with AeroPlan for another ticket. Is there a possibility that AeroPlan would cancel my ticket and refund me the points and anyway to avoid that? I really don't like the points to sit in any specific airline.

My first post and thanks in advance for any help.
Old May 10, 2024, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
First, mimiga123, welcome to FlyerTalk!

Yes, both Avianca (AV) LifeMiles and Air Canada (AC) Aeroplan are displaying the same single ICN to SFO ​​​​​reward segment availability operated by Asiana (OZ).

It is for this reason that Star Alliance (*A) carriers have up to 24 hours to cancel award booking requests made by *A partners.

That is precisely what would likely happen if you booked the last available OZ award seat on AV, and then attempted to book the same seat on AC.

You could always take a chance, because there is a remote possibility OZ could release another award seat when that one is taken. But don't count on it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Old May 12, 2024, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
First, mimiga123, welcome to FlyerTalk!

Yes, both Avianca (AV) LifeMiles and Air Canada (AC) Aeroplan are displaying the same single ICN to SFO ​​​​​reward segment availability operated by Asiana (OZ).

It is for this reason that Star Alliance (*A) carriers have up to 24 hours to cancel award booking requests made by *A partners.

That is precisely what would likely happen if you booked the last available OZ award seat on AV, and then attempted to book the same seat on AC.

You could always take a chance, because there is a remote possibility OZ could release another award seat when that one is taken. But don't count on it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Thank you so much. Now I am glad the only remaining ticket is gone as well so that it does not bother me any more.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.