Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

No Copa lounge access in Lima???!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Copa lounge access in Lima???!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2016, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
No Copa lounge access in Lima?

Plat (Star Gold) on United, flying paid Copa ticket, coach, LIM-PTY-SFO. Went to the LIM Sumaq lounge as was told-

"We're sorry, but COPA did not renew their lounge contract with us."

I've searched here for anything regarding this but don't find anything. I went to the Star Alliance lounge finder and it says anyone *G on Copa, whether a member of Connectmiles or MP, should have access. Says it's a contract lounge with access for Copa, UA and Avianca.

I didn't ask if it would be different for UA or Avianca, but there were no *G logos anywhere to be found.

Is this new? I wouldn't have gotten to the airport so early had I known. Thanks-

Last edited by Mike Jacoubowsky; Dec 10, 2016 at 1:46 pm Reason: reduction of stridency
Old Dec 10, 2016, 7:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If it is a contract lounge then *G doesn't necessarily rate access; only if the carrier wants to offer it.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by sbm12
If it is a contract lounge then *G doesn't necessarily rate access; only if the carrier wants to offer it.
Correct but the Star Alliance lounge page referenced allows you to be very specific regarding which airline you flew, your status and which airline program you belong to. And it very clearly tells you that you can access the Sumaq lounge. There's nothing at all ambiguous about it.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 1:25 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
I am not too particular about the contract lounge last time I flew CM from LIM but I was surprised to find no AV lounge at one of their hubs.

I also found the CM lounge at PTY to be nearly identical to UA's poor offering. UA never bothers to sign contract lounges in Central America so I guess CM not doing anything at LIM comes as no surprise. But if AV did have their own lounge we would have access regardless.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 6:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I would not be all that shocked to learn that no one at CM told the folks at *A HQ to update the list. Those references are nice to have but there are plenty of errors in them. Across all the alliances.
SPN Lifer and supervillian like this.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 6:52 am

There are some holes in lounge access.

Lima and Cancun are two of the biggest for Copa. This is where priority pass comes in handy.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 10:03 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Smiles/GOL Diamond, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum
Currently flying CM on J cabin, LIM to PTY.
check-in agent confirmed me that Copa has no lounge contract in LIM.
Was headed to Sumaq lounge. Entrance is 40usd and the food and beverage is a real joke. They clearly take advantage of the situation to make $$.
I do not recommend to spend your money here, unless important matter.
Hanaq lounge (usually better in normal times) is currently closed.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:48 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
I am flying with Copa, in J from LIM in a couple days.
Is the lounge situation still the same?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.