Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

United doesn't have Thai record locator

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2019, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Booked an award flight on Thai using United miles. Typically the Thai locator is attached to the reservation. It's not and when I called United they said there isn't one. I tried the United app as well. Print option on United doesn't bring it up either. I emailed Thai USA office so it may take a few days since it seems they are closed on weekends. Meanwhile, is there another Star member website that would allow me to enter the 16 digit United ticket number or locator to see the status of the ticket? Thanks.

edit - asked mods to move to existing thread I just found

Last edited by Slickw; Nov 9, 2019 at 9:03 am
Old Nov 9, 2019, 8:53 am

United should have the Thai record locator. If they don’t you can call Thai and give them your flight info. They should be able to give you the record locator. I would call Thai just to make sure because United sometimes has problems ticketing partner awards. Seems a little sketchy if United doesn’t have the partner record locator.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
United should have the Thai record locator. If they don’t you can call Thai and give them your flight info. They should be able to give you the record locator. I would call Thai just to make sure because United sometimes has problems ticketing partner awards. Seems a little sketchy if United doesn’t have the partner record locator.
Agreed, I'm concerned it's mucked up. I just emailed Thai.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 2:15 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Slickw
Meanwhile, is there another Star member website that would allow me to enter the 16 digit United ticket number or locator to see the status of the ticket?
Saudia.com will show you the ticket.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 6:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Saudia.com will show you the ticket.
I believe that changed some time ago. I just tried with an 016 ticket and confirmed that it no longer works.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
I assume that you've actually tried the UA PNR on the TG site? I forget about TG specifically, but not all airlines have separate PNRs.

If not, I'd just ring them up. You can call with Skype or Viber to the Bangkok reservations number for next to nothing and it'll put you at ease much faster than waiting for an email back from the US office.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 1:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I believe that changed some time ago. I just tried with an 016 ticket and confirmed that it no longer works.
If the operating or issuing airline uses Amadeus altea (like TG, AV, LH/LX/OS/SN, SQ, AC, BA, AF, KL, AY, QR etc) then the saudi thing mostly works.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
The TG record locator might be showing up in SHARES as the 1A record locator, especially if your ticket is operated by multiple airlines on Amadeus. You can try asking UA if they have a 1A locator in their system.

Originally Posted by oliver2002
If the operating or issuing airline uses Amadeus altea (like TG, AV, LH/LX/OS/SN, SQ, AC, BA, AF, KL, AY, QR etc) then the saudi thing mostly works.
I haven't been able to get a 016 ticket to work since ~1 year after UA/SV cancelled their interline agreement.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Slickw
Agreed, I'm concerned it's mucked up. I just emailed Thai.
I believe I emailed Thai on a Saturday and they replied promptly Monday morning with the locator. I also asked a friend in Bangkok to call Thai on that Sunday and they also got the locator. I guess I've had somewhere around 10 United awards on Thai and that's the first time no locator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.