Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Crediting to one program while using benefits of another

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2019, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver

I'm UA *G, but with the recent changes will have to move (possibly Turkish or Sheba).

I haven't done this for s few years - is it still possible to credit miles to say, Turkish, while using a UA *G (virtual, not plastic....) for priority boarding, extra luggage and lounge access ?
Old Oct 27, 2019, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by dand99
I'm UA *G, but with the recent changes will have to move (possibly Turkish or Sheba).

I haven't done this for s few years - is it still possible to credit miles to say, Turkish, while using a UA *G (virtual, not plastic....) for priority boarding, extra luggage and lounge access ?
I have seen some technical explanations here on how it is possible to do this correctly so that you BP will give you automatic access to fast track, lounge access, etc., based on your *G, while crediting to your non-gold *A account. I've tried this a handful of times now and it has never worked for me. One time it seemed the check-in staff understood what I was talking about, but the rest of the times, they either have no clue or say it's not possible to do what I ask for.

Now I do one of two things, depending on how much time I have:
- If I want to use fast track, I register with my *G FF id upon check-in (or preferably before, during online check-in or earlier). I then get access to all benefits in the normal way (automatic access to lounges, etc.). At the gate I go up to the staff before boarding starts and ask them to change my FF to what I want. Never had a problem with this.

- If I don't need to use fast track, I check-in with my non-Gold FF id (I'm switching to TK too, due to the changes to TG's program), but have my TG *G membership card ready to show on my phone for check-in (business class line), lounge access, etc. Works ok so far for everything except fast track, which are usually automated and I have not attempted to persuade staff there from allowing my access based on something other than my BP (maybe it would work, but I suspect in most cases it would not).
Old Oct 27, 2019, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dand99

UA forum thread on benefits the other way:- Crediting (UA/partner) FF account but getting benefits from another acct? [Merged]

And (2017) Can one use *Gold card for perks but collect miles on another programm ?

FF codes in reservations FQTR vs FQTV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.