Community
Wiki Posts
Search

codeshare on RTW

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2002, 12:55 am
Original Member

Thanks very much for the responses, RichardMEL and Rudi - much appreciated. Looks like I'll try my luck with UA to ticket this.
Old Mar 5, 2002, 4:39 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rudi:
leroy11: So do according to those rules, could one ticket a LH flight with the UA code so that UA Elites would get their bonus?

* LH (Swiss office) didn't accept this
* UA (Frankfurt) did allow it
* using you UA Mileage Plus ff-program you have the advantage of getting the 25%/100% status bonus (Premier/Premier Executive status) - the disadvantage that you can't upgrade such code-share-flights (UA flight number / LH carrier) with UA miles or UA vouchers.
</font>
You can still try at checkin to upgrade the fligt, which occassionally works.
Old Mar 6, 2002, 2:59 am

Only way to upgrade a LH flight with UA miles is to have the cert at check in to give to LH. The only way to get the cert is to have UA send an upgrade request to LH. Which means we have to have a record to do it and it is verified by LH.
Old Mar 6, 2002, 4:51 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UALRSSRDTWRR:
Only way to upgrade a LH flight with UA miles is to have the cert at check in to give to LH. The only way to get the cert is to have UA send an upgrade request to LH. Which means we have to have a record to do it and it is verified by LH.</font>

I faintly recall, that people (Rudi) manage to get them without a record locator.
Old Mar 8, 2002, 2:14 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I was always (but I did it last time in spring 2001) able to get UA upgrade-paper certificates good for LH transatltic flights in advance without having any concrete LH-bookings.

But you are correct, that the concrete Upgrade request for a concrete booking/flight, later has to be done with UA, not with LH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.