Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Cheapest Star * Fare from Europe to Tehran, Iran?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest Star * Fare from Europe to Tehran, Iran?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2000, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
The one thing about these boards I have discovered is that someone here can answer ANY question. The true resource of FlyerTalk.

On another thread a board member named lalala posted a superb link on Iran:
www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Base/1406

That superb website he/she posted answers ANY question any person has on Iran. ("Persia").

A terrific link, and thank you for posting it. For ANY person who is interested in this fascinating place, PLEASE take a moment to check that comprehensive link.

There was a Travel Agent there called "Magic Carpet Travel" based in UK. Could not resist clicking on that one!
http://www.magic-carpet-travel.com/

They offer small group tours for only 895 ex London INCLUDING all airfares and transport to and from UK and within Iran. Hotels, admissions, UK airport tax, English speaking guides etc. It is with Air Iran, but I am sure by paying a little extra they can do it on Lufthansa or Austrian Airlines so I can get Star * Alliance points/possibly upgrades. (And gives another stopover in Europe as well!)

This looks like the perfect one for me ... Treasures of Persia: 8 day tour - Tehran / Shiraz / Persepolis / Isfahan / Tehran. Full itinerary on their site.

Next scheduled such group tour will be on April 8th, 2001. ANYONE from FT want to join such a tour???? If there can be 40+ FT'ers fly from all over the world into Dusseldorf next week, or Hawaii, or indeed a whole bunch is migrating to Northern Thailand starting this week, simply to get UA status, so a few of us to Iran is surely VERY possible? Who knows, if a group of us gets together the package price may reduce even further!

Conde Nast Traveller May 2000 British Edition said: Iran is, without any doubt at all, the warmest, politest, most hospitable country that I have ever been in - almost shamingly so.

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited 10-30-2000).]
Old Nov 1, 2000, 3:21 am

Looks like there may be a FT trip to Iran in the planning - www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum95/HTML/000679.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.