Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Air India cheated me of my miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2017, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards (Gold), Star Alliance (Gold), Turkish Airlines (Elite +)

On 5th Jan I was booked Air India MAA-DEL-BHX. I checked in with my gold Turkish Airlines card and the FF no. was on my boarding passes.
MAA-DEL was delayed 90 mins causing a missed connection, so Air India put me on the next flight to London. In total my delay was 6 hours to my final airport BHX.
When they reissued the boarding pass to London they didn't add my FF number and in the chaos I didn't notice until I was through security and couldn't go back.
Turkish airlines are saying they won't credit me and it has to go through Air India contacting them.
Air India said they will only credit them to an Air India account and told me to ask Turkish AIrlines to help me.
I don't want the miles on an Air India account when I have gold TK. In fact regardless of my TK gold, I don't want to earn miles with Air India. I loathe the airline.
Can anyone advise me what to do? Other than never fly Air Inda which I have already figured for myself.
I want my miles. I paid, I flew.
Also it was their fault for the delay (technical fault).

Thanks so much for any advice.
Alison
Old Jan 19, 2017, 1:18 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Retro claim with TK: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...issing-flights
Old Jan 19, 2017, 3:20 am

Programs: UA MP, DL SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Alisonnoonan
Turkish airlines are saying they won't credit me and it has to go through Air India contacting them.
Air India said they will only credit them to an Air India account and told me to ask Turkish AIrlines to help me.
Looks like you got a clueless TK agent on the phone. It always has to be the airline to whose FFP you need miles credited to process missing mileage credit.

Someone already provided you the link to claim mileage - that should help.

When re-bookings happen - FFP information can get dropped off - not entirely unusual.

What AI told you is absolutely correct - for retroactive credit - they can only post to their FFP.

Frankly - I think while you were delayed - looks like AI did a decent job to get you to your destination. But to say they stole your miles is a hyperbole and as a TK Gold - I think you should have known your airline policies on retroactive credit better - pretty standard across carriers and alliances.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:57 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
I know it's your first post and all, but don't be so dramatic! No one has cheated you out of anything...

If you want to insist someone has cheated you, well, you cheated yourself because you failed to be aware of the policies for the FFP you enrolled in, including retroactive claims for mileage.

So now you know where to claim for miles retroactively.

Also, another point you obviously weren't aware of...you may have passed security, but if there's an issue with your boarding pass, you can usually get it fixed at the gate with the agent there.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Hard to believe that someone who claims being Gold in three different FFPs would not know about it.

I think this is one of those first post rants where OP will not come back at all...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.