Search

T2 LHR lounges

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by jdaniel
First off thank you for responding.

Yes I am flying in Biz.

Yeah so basically all the showers are in T2B.... and there's no travelator back from B to A... which really defeats the purpose of the shower.. if I have to trek back and potentially get all sweaty again...and I also hear there is security BETWEEN A and B and B and A? That is just going to make it super complicated.
Nope, once you get into the departures area there's no more security, it's all joined up as one contiguous area.

It is however optimised for going T2A->T2B. In the opposite direction you'll need to look very carefully for the right signs, and you'll need to make sure you take lifts to get to/from the tunnel, in addition to walking (in the normal direction you can use escalators to/from the tunnel, and travelators along the tunnel).

It's really not that bad of a walk, just a bit tedious.

(What you might be thinking of is: if you arrive in T2B and are transferring, then you'll end up walking to T2A before going through transit security - and potentially walking back to T2B on the clean side, however you're kept in a separate non-clean area until you've made it through transfer security. In other words: there is a separate tunnel for arrivals going from T2B to T2A, that tunnel does have travelators in the right direction at least...)
Old Oct 30, 2016, 6:43 pm

Programs: Diamond - Hilton +Hyatt
Originally Posted by televisor
Nope, once you get into the departures area there's no more security, it's all joined up as one contiguous area.

It is however optimised for going T2A->T2B. In the opposite direction you'll need to look very carefully for the right signs, and you'll need to make sure you take lifts to get to/from the tunnel, in addition to walking (in the normal direction you can use escalators to/from the tunnel, and travelators along the tunnel).

It's really not that bad of a walk, just a bit tedious.

(What you might be thinking of is: if you arrive in T2B and are transferring, then you'll end up walking to T2A before going through transit security - and potentially walking back to T2B on the clean side, however you're kept in a separate non-clean area until you've made it through transfer security. In other words: there is a separate tunnel for arrivals going from T2B to T2A, that tunnel does have travelators in the right direction at least...)
Separate area for arrivals do you mean departures? Thing is depending on if I manage to check through my bags all the way to my final destination.. might be one of the following scenarios:

1.I might have to collect my bags and come from T4
2. I might be able to not have to collect my bags and come through on the cleanside.. which I guess the bus stops in a central area
Old Nov 20, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
I had three and a half hours to spare between flights two Fridays ago, so I decided to use that time to visit all four *A lounges. I ate for the cycle, and here's what I learned:

• LH offers almost the same formula as its FRA and MUC lounges, except I found its lack of pretzels disturbing. The hot food options--I'd say there were two, a creamy pasta and a chicken curry, since jasmine rice doesn't really count as a main course--were good, though. Self-serve bar means no fancy cocktails but streamlined wine access. It's also your only *A option in T2A.

• Of the T2B lounges--this is the side for flights to the U.S.--AC is the most skippable. The lunch choices looked boring: mac and cheese, baby carrots, green peas, and a beef and beer stew. But the panini press is one thing the other lounges here don't offer; my ham, cheese, tomato, and cucumber sandwich was just the right size snack for stop number two on a four-lounge tour. There's only bar service for drinks.

• SQ, right across from AC, had both a self-service bar and an extensive cocktails menu, so of course I got a Singapore Sling to wash down some Singapore noodles and butter chicken, both delicious, and the cold options (like a piri-piri chicken wrap) looked great too. This was the least-crowded of all four lounges during my visit, roughly 2 to 2:30. It also had the least natural light of all four.

• UA was the most crowded, to the point that I had to wait for a restroom to open. It had the biggest range of hot food--chicken curry, mushroom ravioli, shepherd's pie, roast potatoes, and more--and the most interesting decor. There's only bar service, but it was prompt and friendly. I would have tried out some of the cocktails available, but after my three prior stops a little moderation was in order.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: A3 *G
Spent some time in these lounges now. I tend to choose lounge based on where I am flying to (T2A or T2B) and whether I'm hungry, want a drink or just want to chill.

Food

Without a doubt Lufthansa Senator. The others are ok but just taste like microwave meals. Lufthansa is real food.

Drink

United - amazing cocktail bar!
AC
Take your pick of the others. As other have noted SQ do a great Singapore Sling.
Lufthansa while self service has nice spirits

Shower

United. Best airport shower I've ever seen. Premium toiletries too!
AC and SQ also have showers. Lufthansa does not.

Chill

Lufthansa if it's not peak hours is a very nice lounge and the chill out area with trees on the walls and comfy seats is good.

During EU peak hours you're probably best in one of the T2B lounges.
alphaklg likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by eshroom
Spent some time in these lounges now. I tend to choose lounge based on where I am flying to (T2A or T2B) and whether I'm hungry, want a drink or just want to chill.

Food

Without a doubt Lufthansa Senator. The others are ok but just taste like microwave meals. Lufthansa is real food.

Drink

United - amazing cocktail bar!
AC
Take your pick of the others. As other have noted SQ do a great Singapore Sling.
Lufthansa while self service has nice spirits

Shower

United. Best airport shower I've ever seen. Premium toiletries too!
AC and SQ also have showers. Lufthansa does not.

Chill

Lufthansa if it's not peak hours is a very nice lounge and the chill out area with trees on the walls and comfy seats is good.

During EU peak hours you're probably best in one of the T2B lounges.
Very good summary. I know cross posting is not allowed, but this would be good advice in the similar, but much longer, thread in the UA forum.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I have a long 7h layover in LHR in early January. It's an international transit from North America to Scandinavia.

I will definitely check out the United lounge.. but since it's such a long layover.. anything else interesting worth checking out at LHR? I know there is a spa at Sofitel but it's unfortunately closed during the winter break.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: LH/BA/DL
Originally Posted by vd0t
... anything else interesting worth checking out at LHR? ...
TBH: no
I can't think of anything landside at LHR worth leaving the terminal for. Also, you will not be able to access the airside area of the terminals you are not flying out of (not that there would be any reason to do this).

If you want to stay at the airport, you will have to spend 7 hours in the lounges described in this thread and the restaurants/shopping in the terminal.

If you are willing to leave the airport:
Heathrow Express takes you straight into London. It runs every 15 minutes and takes 15 minutes (plus the walk from Terminal 2 to the station.)

A taxi/car service could get you to Windsor Castle in about 20 minutes. Oxford could be reached in about 1 hour.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
There are many threads as to what to do with a 7 hour layover at LHR in the UK Forum. The general consensus is either to do Windsor or to have a very specific target in London and do that one thing. Whether you take the Heathrow Express or the Tube depends upon where you are going, as the Express, despite its name, is somewhat slower to many of the key destinations.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
WRT the OP's question: I was impressed with the LH Senator lounge at T2 on the morning of Dec 18th.

Due to the fog on Saturday in London (Dec 17th), I missed my TAP flight (a connection from an A3 flight from ATH). A3 put me up in the Novotel Wembley on the night of the 17th, but no breakfast as my TAP flight to LIS was early. Hence breakfast at the Senator lounge. Very welcome - as was the Hennessy-laced black coffee.

When all was said and done, TAP left LHR an hour late on the way to LIS, so I missed another flight (on a different PNR) on SATA from LIS to PDL. More Euros... Grrr.

My bad - no travel insurance. In 10 years of overseas travel this junket has been the only one with headaches aka London fog. Reminder to me: DO NOT take A3 (or any other airline) connections through LHR on different PNRs - unless I have travel insurance!

No matter about that, the Senator lounge is very nice, quiet and with nice breakfast... ^ I highly recommend it.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 9:13 am

Just wondering if there is a page for *A lounge guest offer for LHR T2?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 11:13 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
This video is worth checking.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26884237-post14.html
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:40 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by boarding_pass
Just wondering if there is a page for *A lounge guest offer for LHR T2?
The UA club forum may have someone guesting at the LHR club.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've got some long layovers coming up at LHR, so I'm sure I'll be "lounging." Unless my memory is faulty, I don't think I've been to the new (2014?) Terminal 2. They built it as the Star Alliance Terminal, right? But instead of opening a mega Star Alliance lounge, it sounds like the individual airlines opened their own lounges. Weird, but I guess it gives me more choices and variety. From the previous comments, lounge-hopping every couple hours might not be a bad idea. Is there any one lounge where sleeping would be better/easier? BTW, I also have Priority Pass lounge access, but since I'm Star Gold, there wouldn't seem to be much need for Priority Pass at Terminal 2.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
T2 is huge, with a minimum 10 minute walk between the two concourses. There's no way a single lounge would work.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by catocony
T2 is huge, with a minimum 10 minute walk between the two concourses. There's no way a single lounge would work.
That and LHR is a flagship route for most airlines so they want to display their best products.

Its good for us, you get 4 lounges to use with different catering. All are good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.