Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T2 LHR lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
I have so far only experienced LH SEN and AC. The latter receives some relatively poor comments here - which cannot confirm. In contrary, I find the AC lounge very decent^

Food is certainly at par with LH SEN and the showers, while they are not numerous, are very nice

I think with both (probably all) you also need to consider how crowded they are at a given time. E.g. late afternoon LH SEN becomes a zoo ... last time literally every (!) seat was taken. But also AC can get crowded at times more than one flight (YYZ, YUL, YVR) depart.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 12:10 am

Programs: BRK-B
Originally Posted by cur
which one of the 20 was that

they make a decent margarita for europe
Manhattan
Old Aug 1, 2016, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Yes, UA Lounge is the best, I was just there in May. Good food, open bar and best showers. SQ also has great food and a bar. AC lounge was sedate.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Having read the different threads on *A best T2 lounges I now need to know where in T2 my flights arrive.

T2 is a connection (3+ hours) for TAP and A3 flights. Do they arrive/depart at the main building of T2 or a "satellite"? I tried to find out from the official T2 website but got no info.

The answer may determine which lounge I visit. I am flying economy, but with ^G have access.

Thanks for any info.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Bump.....

The *A lounges I am interested in are T2A and T2B.

I still cannot find exactly where at T2 both A3 and TAP fly into and out of. The Heathrow website gives no details except stating T2 for both.

What does that mean in relation to the lounge locations at T2A and T2B.

It may be that I will simply have to do an exploratory "walkabout" and go into the first lounge (of interest) that I come across. Oh well, at least I do have lounge access. With 3-hour stopovers between connecting flights i guess I do have the time to explore My pant size may actually thank me for keeping it the same comfort level ^
Old Oct 10, 2016, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA
IME short hauls go out of T2A but I only have 2 SK flights to go on.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Yes. Short hauls generally depart T2A so it only makes sense to use the LH lounge. Some argue that UA and SQ are better but, even if that is true, the difference is so marginal as not to justify the hike to T2B and the major trek back.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Yes. Short hauls generally depart T2A so it only makes sense to use the LH lounge. Some argue that UA and SQ are better but, even if that is true, the difference is so marginal as not to justify the hike to T2B and the major trek back.
If it's a morning layover and you want a British breakfast, then the UA lounge is probably the best (only?) choice around.

I also do find the UA lounge nicer for relaxing: it's just more spacious and open. (No idea about how AC or SQ compare, I've only ever been in UA and LH. Maybe I'll try them next time...)
Old Oct 12, 2016, 2:26 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by televisor
If it's a morning layover and you want a British breakfast, then the UA lounge is probably the best (only?) choice around.

I also do find the UA lounge nicer for relaxing: it's just more spacious and open. (No idea about how AC or SQ compare, I've only ever been in UA and LH. Maybe I'll try them next time...)
lh lounge has far better food and more expansive spread. beans mushrooms tomatoes eggs hash brown pucks, plus the usual german cold cuts. also the bar is self service. ua is nice (and has showers and shirt press) but it's all the way in 2b. the food is good but not as good as lh. but they make good cocktails. i dunno if i'd call the ua club in the am 'relaxing'. every am you are guaranteed a crowd (but still spacious, bright and tons of seating) but with lh you have a high probability the lounges are dead in the am. last 2x times on weekday mornings around 0700 there were only 2-3 in the senator lounge with me. i like the ua club but my heart doesn't break when i have a flight outta 2a, as lh is great (but no shower)

ac lounge is mediocre

sq is decent and has ice cream
Old Oct 17, 2016, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I'd concur re the LH breakfast. UA's is very good but LH pips it.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 10:06 pm

Huh. When does LH breakfast end? I didn't see any signs of a British breakfast there at 10am the last time I went through. (To be honest, I wasn't hugely impressed with the UA breakfast compared to what you can get in town, but it's still pretty OK especially if you're in transit.)
Old Oct 29, 2016, 2:43 am

Huh. When does LH breakfast end? I didn't see any signs of a British breakfast there at 10am the last time I went through. (To be honest, I wasn't hugely impressed with the UA breakfast compared to what you can get in town, but it's still pretty OK especially if you're in transit.)
It's still around at 9:40am, so I'll keep watching carefully to see when it disappears.

Slightly disappointed by the lack of black pudding, but I guess not enough brits use this lounge. The real WTH is the lack of both brown sauce and ketchup.

Interestingly my *G card wasn't required: I was told it's not needed as it's "in the system" (flying SN as a UA*G). Had a similar-ish experience in ZRH where they didn't bother looking at my (at that time LO) BP.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 5:30 am

Programs: Diamond - Hilton +Hyatt
Hi guys I shall be flying on Austrian on Thursday, when I searched Austrian Airlines lounges on their page, they showed me the LH Lounge and Air Canada lounge, there is no mention of SQ etc.

So my questions are:

1. Which section does Austrian fly out of T2A or T2B?
2. As I understand it both LH and Air Canada do not have showers? So where can I shower?
3. Somewhat related to the above... can I only use LH and AC or can I used SQ lounges too?

THANKS
Old Oct 30, 2016, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by jdaniel
Hi guys I shall be flying on Austrian on Thursday, when I searched Austrian Airlines lounges on their page, they showed me the LH Lounge and Air Canada lounge, there is no mention of SQ etc.

So my questions are:

1. Which section does Austrian fly out of T2A or T2B?
2. As I understand it both LH and Air Canada do not have showers? So where can I shower?
3. Somewhat related to the above... can I only use LH and AC or can I used SQ lounges too?

THANKS
1. I've only ever seen short-haul out of T2A, so probably T2A. (Not guaranteed of course, but highly unlikely you'd be in T2B.)
2. You can shower at UA, I've heard SQ has showers too.
3. Assuming you're flying Business or have *G: you can use any of the lounges, that's LH, AC, UA, SQ. Just beware of the walk to the T2B lounges, which are AC, UA and SQ (they're all quite close to each other, so if you've already walked all the way overthen you can test as many of those as you want).
Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: Diamond - Hilton +Hyatt
1. I've only ever seen short-haul out of T2A, so probably T2A. (Not guaranteed of course, but highly unlikely you'd be in T2B.)
2. You can shower at UA, I've heard SQ has showers too.
3. Assuming you're flying Business or have *G: you can use any of the lounges, that's LH, AC, UA, SQ. Just beware of the walk to the T2B lounges, which are AC, UA and SQ (they're all quite close to each other, so if you've already walked all the way overthen you can test as many of those as you want).
First off thank you for responding.

Yes I am flying in Biz.

Yeah so basically all the showers are in T2B.... and there's no travelator back from B to A... which really defeats the purpose of the shower.. if I have to trek back and potentially get all sweaty again...and I also hear there is security BETWEEN A and B and B and A? That is just going to make it super complicated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.