Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Gold Track (new common *A branding for Premier security)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Gold Track (new common *A branding for Premier security)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2015, 4:46 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Does this mean *A are removing the carrier discrimination we currently have?

As a recent example for me as an A3*G:
TP flight FAO-LIS in Y - fast track granted
LH flight FAO-FRA in Y - fast track refused ("Lufthansa doesn't pay us")

Same airport, same alliance, same staus, different result. So many inconsistencies between alliance carriers.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Here is how they implemented it at Newark Airport:

United Airlines...keeping it classy.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I just got an email from UA about this. Only about 4 years after Skyteam did the same thing.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Noticed the branding yesterday at LHR as a *G on a Y ticket. As always, the automated gate would not let me through but the individual did - so they've re-branded but not changed the computer programming.
I don't even bother with the automated gate now and go straight to the security person.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Here is how they implemented it at Newark Airport:

United Airlines...keeping it classy.
Probably more a statement about EWR than UA.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:17 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
I just used it at CPH airport on Monday. I had to double check that I could use it as I never really used the fast track security lanes.... The screen shows various programme members eligible such as SkyPriority for KLM, Air France and Delta but then, on a second page (on the LCD screen on top of the priority lane) there's a huge amount of FFP names and statuses eligible.

So I went through it, flying on LX with TK*G in Y class. Scanning the boarding pass didn't work... tried to then swipe my TK*G card and same, red light flashing.

Had to call the attendant who asked me to step out of that queue and she then opened her manual to find whether TK*G allowed access.... Took a few seconds, and she let me through another door that she manually opened. No queue at all, it went fast. Left me more time to roam the duty free shop

Looking back, it was not the newly labelled Gold Track access but just a regular fast track for premium class flyers or tier FFP members? It's not listed yet on the StarAlliance page yet.

Will be flying GVA-OPT this weekend... I'll see if OPT has it. GVA definitely not (yet?).
Old Mar 15, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I don't even bother with the automated gate now and go straight to the security person.
Same here.

FWIW, just completed a YYZ-LHR segment, with my *A Gold card the informed I did not qualify however they let me by. Normal security line was very short so not a real issue, but if it had been one of those cattle truck days I would have been peeved not to be let through priority. Since when has YYZ not allowed *A Gold priority security clearance?

ZT
Old Mar 17, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Anyone know when this will come to ARN?
Old Mar 22, 2016, 1:44 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
WAW: normal fast track branded as Gold Track. Next to LO C-class check-in counters. Works also for oneWorld and ST.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Anyone know when this will come to
ARN?
I used it last night, it wasn't branded *G, just normal Fast Track. The lady scanned my BP and asked if I had a gold card, which I do. She didn't check and let me through. There was no one in line and about 60-70 in the regular line.

This was in T5, its all the way to the left of the regular line. There is a placard with about 20 airlines that are valid for use. My *G, UA, wasn't on there but I don't think it would have been a problem.

On the contrary, when I was in CPH last August it was only open for Eurobonus Gold.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
I used it last night, it wasn't branded *G, just normal Fast Track. The lady scanned my BP and asked if I had a gold card, which I do. She didn't check and let me through. There was no one in line and about 60-70 in the regular line.

This was in T5, its all the way to the left of the regular line. There is a placard with about 20 airlines that are valid for use. My *G, UA, wasn't on there but I don't think it would have been a problem.

On the contrary, when I was in CPH last August it was only open for Eurobonus Gold.
Were you flying SAS? They are super strict at ARN with non-SAS Star Gold. If you have a mobile boarding pass with any Star Gold status, it works.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Were you flying SAS? They are super strict at ARN with non-SAS Star Gold. If you have a mobile boarding pass with any Star Gold status, it works.
Flew SAS both times. That's good to know although I'm not sure I would fly another star carrier @ ARN
Old Apr 19, 2016, 3:30 pm

Anybody know if this benefit means that I can bring along a colleague who is on the same flight but without status?
Old Apr 19, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
From my experiences:
- on MXP no - fastr track is operated by external company , and airline do not pay for *G companion
- on POZ yes
Old Apr 20, 2016, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by Markie
At CPH there are two lines - one for SAS and a FastTrack lane at the ordinary security. I assume you tried the SAS one only?
The agents in the SAS Fast Track Lane will NEVER let a non-SAS Star Gold thru it. Must've been the CPH Express lane. Also at HEL, the Fast Track is a common lane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.