Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Best Star Alliance Lounge in Frankfurt for long layover?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Star Alliance Lounge in Frankfurt for long layover?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
Hello, I will be taking SQ from JFK to Singapore in the next couple of days. There will be a layover of around 2 hours at Frankfurt. Does anyone have any update on the best Star Gold lounge to visit during the layover? Thanks.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 11:01 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bensim
Hello, I will be taking SQ from JFK to Singapore in the next couple of days. There will be a layover of around 2 hours at Frankfurt. Does anyone have any update on the best Star Gold lounge to visit during the layover? Thanks.
Assuming you are *G and since SQ departs from a B gate, what you have read in this thread is still correct. You have a choice between the LH SEN lounge (next to gate B43) and the MLL above gate B42.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Assuming you are *G and since SQ departs from a B gate, what you have read in this thread is still correct. You have a choice between the LH SEN lounge (next to gate B43) and the MLL above gate B42.
Thanks. Do both have showers?
Old Dec 11, 2014, 2:56 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Thanks. Do both have showers?
Yes. I'd pick AC lounge. Not only is it nicer and less crowded than the LH lounge but (unlike the LH lounge) you can get a shower without having to wait an hour or two.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Yes. I'd pick AC lounge. Not only is it nicer and less crowded than the LH lounge but (unlike the LH lounge) you can get a shower without having to wait an hour or two.
Thanks. On the return flight to NY, does SQ also leave from the B gate? If yes, I will try the AC lounge. How is the food like compared to the LH lounge?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:48 am

Thanks. On the return flight to NY, does SQ also leave from the B gate? If yes, I will try the AC lounge. How is the food like compared to the LH lounge?
The MLL food options were much better than LH City Lights.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:56 pm

Programs: CX,A3, TK, AZ,KQ
Hi guys, I'm arriving at FRA from SZX and then I would need to connect with a LH flight to FCO (terminal 1 gate A Shengen area). I will have almost 4 hours layover. I never used the AC lounge and I would like to try it. I was wondering how long would take from AC lounge to gate A after the visit.

I'm also curious to know if any of you guys has gained access to more than one lounge in the same day. I was wondering if, after the AC lounge, I could move to the Senator Lounge in the Shengen area so I would stay closer to my gate in the Shengen area. Could I still have access although I would already visited the AC lounge?

Thanks for your tips.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by fedeflyer
Hi guys, I'm arriving at FRA from SZX and then I would need to connect with a LH flight to FCO (terminal 1 gate A Shengen area). I will have almost 4 hours layover. I never used the AC lounge and I would like to try it. I was wondering how long would take from AC lounge to gate A after the visit.

I'm also curious to know if any of you guys has gained access to more than one lounge in the same day. I was wondering if, after the AC lounge, I could move to the Senator Lounge in the Shengen area so I would stay closer to my gate in the Shengen area. Could I still have access although I would already visited the AC lounge?

Thanks for your tips.
Yes, visiting multiple lounges during one layover is no issue.

How long it'll take from the AC MLL to your departure gate will depend on the location of the latter, but I'd generally say 15-25min incl. immigration.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009

How long it'll take from the AC MLL to your departure gate will depend on the location of the latter, but I'd generally say 15-25min incl. immigration.
Thanks Jasper! That's cool because I can have a Lounge tour visiting the AC first and then Business and Senator in the Shengen area.
Can I bring a guest for all of them, right ?

Cheers.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Jasper! That's cool because I can have a Lounge tour visiting the AC first and then Business and Senator in the Shengen area.
Can I bring a guest for all of them, right ?

Cheers.
Yes - but just be friendly and polite.

And of course there's no need to rub the agent's nose into the fact you're lounge-hopping.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 10:46 pm

Yes - but just be friendly and polite.

And of course there's no need to rub the agent's nose into the fact you're lounge-hopping.
hahaha, veeery polite for sure! Thanks for your tips, maybe a will write a lounge tour report in FRA. :P

Cheers
Old Jul 31, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: BRK-B
Please suggest me the lounge for stopover at FRA. I'll be taking TG920 from BKK then LH928 to LCY (probably in B gates).
Old Jul 31, 2016, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Noppasit
Please suggest me the lounge for stopover at FRA. I'll be taking TG920 from BKK then LH928 to LCY (probably in B gates).
Your best options would likely be the LH SEN lounge near gate B42 and the AC MLL. Both are very good. They are <50m away from each other, so you can check out both if you want to.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:06 am

Hi Jasper,

I've checked the flight from SZX always arrives at gate C13/14A T1 and the second flight leaves pretty always from T1 gate A1-13 (at least during the last days). I will have 3 hours and a half layover.

How far is AC MALL lounge from gate C?
Then I would move to the senator lounge T1 gate A13 (one of those near my next flight gate), should I go through passport control or security check, does it take long time?

Thanks
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi Jasper,

I've checked the flight from SZX always arrives at gate C13/14A T1 and the second flight leaves pretty always from T1 gate A1-13 (at least during the last days). I will have 3 hours and a half layover.

How far is AC MALL lounge from gate C?
Then I would move to the senator lounge T1 gate A13 (one of those near my next flight gate), should I go through passport control or security check, does it take long time?

Thanks
Gates A1-13 aren't exactly close to the C concourse or the B concourse (where the AC MLL is) for that matter.

I'd personally recommend heading straight to the A concourse and visit the closest LH SEN lounge there (the various SEN lounges at FRA are pretty much identical nowadays IMHO).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.