Search

New Member Struggling

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2013, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: eurobonus
New Member Struggling

Hi all,
I hope I haven't posted in the wrong place here, my first post so please bear with me.
I am a Eurobonus Silver member, but will have over 50,000 basic points at the end of Sept. My qualifying year. Not that this matters for my query here.
I am flying back to Arlanda from O'hare on the 25th Sept. I land at 08.00. My follow on flight to BHX is not until 17.30 that evening. Can I access the lounge? Even with payment. And how long before my 17.30 flight am I allowed into the lounge?
Also what choice of lounge is there? I am flying SAS all journeys.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I was under the impression that Star Alliance lounges are only accessible to Gold members. Are you flying Business Class? If yes then you can access the lounge.

Paid Lounges:
http://www.prioritypass.com/Lounges/...ort-Lounge.cfm

I think United charges $50 but I heard it is not worth it.

Airport Lounges

If you have a boarding pass with the following airlines, you can pay US$40-50 for a day pass that will allow you to access these lounges. The international lounges in Terminal 5 also have class of service requirements. Check with the airlines.

United Club -Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Concourse B North, near Gate B18. Hours: 430am - 930pm
United Club - Location:Terminal 1, Airside, Concourse B South, near Gate B6. Hours: 430pm - 930pm
United Club - Location:Terminal 1, Airside, Concourse C, airside, near Gate C16. Hours: 430am - 930pm
United Club - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Concourse F, near Gate F3. Hours: 430am - 10pm

Last edited by djjaguar64; Sep 10, 2013 at 6:27 pm
Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:58 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, QF, VA
Welcome to FT!

Will you reach Eurobonus Gold before your trip? If so you will have access to the SAS lounges at ORD and ARN.

If you are not going to be Gold, you can pay entry into the SAS lounge in T5 at Arlanda. The website says €28.

http://www.flysas.com/en/au/Travel-i...Special-offer/
Old Sep 10, 2013, 7:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I was under the impression that Star Alliance lounges are only accessible to Gold members. Are you flying Business Class? If yes then you can access the lounge.

Paid Lounges:
http://www.prioritypass.com/Lounges/...ort-Lounge.cfm

I think United charges $50 but I heard it is not worth it.

Airport Lounges

If you have a boarding pass with the following airlines, you can pay US$40-50 for a day pass that will allow you to access these lounges. The international lounges in Terminal 5 also have class of service requirements. Check with the airlines.

United Club -Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Concourse B North, near Gate B18. Hours: 430am - 930pm
United Club - Location:Terminal 1, Airside, Concourse B South, near Gate B6. Hours: 430pm - 930pm
United Club - Location:Terminal 1, Airside, Concourse C, airside, near Gate C16. Hours: 430am - 930pm
United Club - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Concourse F, near Gate F3. Hours: 430am - 10pm
These seem to be the UA lounges at ORD, not Arlanda where the OP has the long all-day connection.

OP should check whether there are Priority Pass lounges that can be accessed and then get membership credentials ASAP. For PP, you must have the physical card with you for access. Some credit cards give PP Select (excluding most UA lounges) for free; otherwise, the cheapest plan is about $125 per year plus about $30 per lounge visit. IMO this is a very worthwhile insurance policy.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: eurobonus
Thanks for the replies.
The language you speak seems to be foreign to me at the moment, but I will eventually understand all.
@Tomvexville
This trip and the trip to BHX will make it 50,000 +. So no, not gold until after this trip.
Most places say 3 hours before flight allowed into the lounge. I will maybe hang around a little and then try the lounge maybe 4 or 5 hours before.
Great site this is.
Rob
Old Sep 11, 2013, 5:01 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, QF, VA
No worries. TBH if I had a layover that was that long, I would take the train into Stockholm and have a nice breakfast/lunch somewhere and wander around the city for a couple hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.