EVA United FF # weirdness

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2013, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques

I just booked a flight on EVA for July, knowing they will be in the * Alliance by then. During the web booking, United was presented as an FFP option. I know they aren't in the alliance yet, so maybe this is from some codeshare deal?

But the weird part is that the Eva website doesn't accept the new United CO numbers. I had to put my old UA MP number in to get the flight booked. I hope they straighten that out in the next few weeks! I'll bring my card to the airport in any case.

Another weird thing is that I was able to give myself a seat assignment on the A330 outbound, but not on the return flight which is an MD-90.
Old May 29, 2013, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
I just booked a flight on EVA for July, knowing they will be in the * Alliance by then. During the web booking, United was presented as an FFP option. I know they aren't in the alliance yet, so maybe this is from some codeshare deal?

But the weird part is that the Eva website doesn't accept the new United CO numbers. I had to put my old UA MP number in to get the flight booked. I hope they straighten that out in the next few weeks! I'll bring my card to the airport in any case.

Another weird thing is that I was able to give myself a seat assignment on the A330 outbound, but not on the return flight which is an MD-90.
EVA's actual reservation system should take both the new style and old style MileagePlus/OnePass numbers (AA###### or AAA####). If it does not take on the website, call the reservation people to add it and let them know it is broken on the website.

The UA/BR crediting re-started 3/3/2012 and it was further enhanced 4/21/2013 as documented here http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...aspx?ItemId=71 . People are reporting United PQMs being awarded starting 4/21/2013 although EVA does not officially join *A until 6/18.

EVA only releases seats for assignment 100 days out. MD-90 might be UNI (B7) codeshare which might be treated differently.
Old May 29, 2013, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by username
EVA only releases seats for assignment 100 days out. MD-90 might be UNI (B7) codeshare which might be treated differently.
This is less than 90 days and the MD-90 is BR #869 which doesn't sound like a codeshare. Oh well, it's a milk run. Not a big deal.
Old May 29, 2013, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
This is less than 90 days and the MD-90 is BR #869 which doesn't sound like a codeshare. Oh well, it's a milk run. Not a big deal.
TPE-HKG 869 is an EQV route - equipment varies by day. I guess it just happens to be a day where an M90 is used. Maybe they have further limitation on seat assignment for EQV flights since they don't finalize things until closer to departure?
Old May 29, 2013, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by username
TPE-HKG 869 is an EQV route - equipment varies by day. I guess it just happens to be a day where an M90 is used. Maybe they have further limitation on seat assignment for EQV flights since they don't finalize things until closer to departure?
I don't know what EQV means, but the HKG-TPE leg I booked on the A330 had no problems with assigning a seat. But yes I suspect it is some sort of operational issue.
Old May 29, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA PP, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PC

EQV = equipment varies

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.