Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

*A Circle Pacific and RTW fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2010, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount

Two questions...

Does anyone ever use these?

I am trying to find out if the tables below are still accurate but drawing a blank....

Thanks!

Around the world fares in US $:
Mileage
Coach
Business
First

29,000 Miles
$3,800
$7,400
$9,800

34,000 Miles
$4,400
$8,450
$11,200

39,000 Miles
$5,150
$9,950
$13,200

Listings below are samples only, the number of actual routings are only limited by the destinations you which to visit.

29,000 MILES: CHICAGO - SAN FRANCISCO - HONOLULU - AUCKLAND - CHRISTCHURCH - SYDNEY - SINGAPORE - BANGKOK - DELHI - FRANKFURT - ROME - MUNICH - MADRID - LONDON - NEW YORK - CHICAGO

34,000 Miles: CHICAGO - TOKYO - BEIJING - BANGKOK - KATMANDU -SINGAPORE - BOMBAY - FRANKFURT - RIO DE JANEIRO - BUENOS AIRES - SANTIAGO - MEXICO CITY - CHICAGO

39,000 MILES: CHICAGO - MEXICO CITY - SANTIAGO - RIO DE JANEIRO - MADRID - FRANKFURT - JOHANNESBURG - SINGAPORE - SYDNEY - AUCKLAND - HAWAII- CHICAGO

These are just a few of the possible routings, thousands of different routing possibilities can be utilized with theses fares.

Circle Pacific fares: Mileage
Coach
Business
First Class

22,000 Miles
$2,800
$4,900
$7,100

26,000 Miles
$3,400
$5,900
$8,000

29,000 Miles
$5,149
$6,300
$8,700

A circular trip around the Pacific Ocean, limited by a maximum mileage of 22,000 or 26,000 miles.

Airfare is available in First Class, Business Class and Economy Class.

Travel must originate and terminate in the same country, which must to be one of the following: Australia, Brunei, Canada or USA, China, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Philippines, Western Samoa, Singapore, Tahiti, Taiwan, Thailand, Tonga, Vietnam.

For travel to/from/via the USA or Canada, only the following cities may be included in your itinerary: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Las Vegas, Honolulu, Vancouver.

The Airfare is valid on most flights operated by Star Alliance member airlines Air Canada, Air New Zealand, All Nippon Airways, Singapore Airlines, Thai, United Airlines and Varig serving the countries mentioned above.

The ticket has to be purchased 7 days in advance but reservations for many sectors of the journey may be changed during the itinerary (subject to certain restrictions).

As long as the routing is not changed, most reservations may even be changed at any time (subject to certain restrictions
Old Aug 15, 2010, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Arrow

I've heard of people doing this, but only on a "friend-of-a-friend" basis.

Now that I see the prices for business-class though, I am interested to say the least.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 10:33 am

Programs: AC SEMM
You will find more information on these fare products in the Star Alliance forum.

For pricing and other fare options, you can also use ITA (and KVS I believe). The fares are dependent on where you start your trip from. So you may find that it is cheaper to begin your trip at say ICN.

These have been popular over the years, but I believe that in the past couple years the fares have increased considerably especially if you start your trip in North America.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We used 34000 miles J class RTW tickets once, some eight or nine years ago. Originating from Europe.

Used it, together with a flexible return to Europe that we already had, for (1) a trip to Asia and Australia, then back home at YYC, and (2) a subsequent trip to Brazil, starting at YYC and ending at YYZ. Bought additional round-trip YYZ-YYC, and ended up with returns to Europe.

All in all, price was competitive with three Y tickets, one to HK and Taiwan, one to Australia and one to Brazil. However, price of the RTW was somewhat lower then, and individual tickets probably higher.

In addition, there are more discounted J fares (Z fares etc.) available nowadays, and there are a number of additional charges on these RTW fares. Such as, AC when flying on a 777, some SQ legs, etc.

This summer, we spent a few months in Europe, and then we went to Asia. My wife used one of these nice Aeroplan mini RTW tickets, which worked very nicely. For myself, I looked into RTW fares. But I found a Z fare from Germany to China just a bit above CAD 2000. Add a couple of latitude + upgrade, and given that I need to go back to Japan next month, I figure that my trip to Europe plus two trips to Asia, all flown in front, including the flight to Japan for which it is hard/expensive to get a confirmed upgrade at the time of reservation, won't cost me more than CAD 8k.

An RTW ticket would cost more and would not have included my trip to Japan. Would also have been complicated to expense.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 2:26 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Those numbers for the Circle Pacific look a bit out of date to me. IIIRC, the J fares went from ~$5K to $8K about a year or so ago. It used to be a great deal unti then.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 3:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Academic
IIIRC, the J fares went from ~$5K to $8K about a year or so ago.
Time flies - it was over two years ago (May 2008). I remember because we got in under the wire booking im March 2008.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 1:17 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Yukonprince
The Airfare is valid on most flights operated by Star Alliance member airlines Air Canada, Air New Zealand, All Nippon Airways, Singapore Airlines, Thai, United Airlines and Varig serving the countries mentioned above.
You might have given us the source of this information? Because it is in fact well out of date: Varig was kicked out of *A in January 2007.

cheers,

Henry
Old Aug 16, 2010, 6:59 am

Programs: CO, AC, MR, Hertz
This site has some info as well as links to *A's pricing calculator. You can build an itinerary and it will price it for you.

Star Alliance
Old Aug 16, 2010, 3:03 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
For pricing and other fare options, you can also use ITA (and KVS I believe). The fares are dependent on where you start your trip from. So you may find that it is cheaper to begin your trip at say ICN.
Actually, you cannot use ITA for these types of fares, however, the KVS Tool does give you access to real-time prices and fare rules for all RTW fares and from all departure points worldwide:

[KVS Availability Tool 5.7.4/Diamond - Sabre: Fares/DotRes/US]
Code:
YTO  Toronto Metro ON CA = YYZ YTZ
YTO  Toronto Metro ON CA = YYZ YTZ
WED  01 Sep 2010 | THU  30 Sep 2010 | RTW | Business

Carrier    From    To    Fare      Cur                      Fare Basis
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  ----------
AC         YTO     YTO     10573   USD                      CRWSTAR1
AC         YTO     YTO     12249   USD                      CRWSTAR2
AC         YTO     YTO     14049   USD                      CRWSTAR3
[KVS Availability Tool 5.7.4/Diamond - Sabre: Fares/DotRes/US]
Code:
SEL  Seoul Metro KR = ICN GMP
SEL  Seoul Metro KR = ICN GMP
WED  01 Sep 2010 | THU  30 Sep 2010 | RTW | Business

Carrier    From    To    Fare      Cur                      Fare Basis
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  ----------
AC         SEL     SEL      1928   USD                      CCNASTR1
AC         SEL     SEL      2657   USD                      CCNASTR2
AC         SEL     SEL      3805   USD                      CCASTAR1
AC         SEL     SEL      4398   USD                      CCASTAR2
AC         SEL     SEL      4946   USD                      CCPSTAR1
AC         SEL     SEL      5921   USD                      CCPSTAR2

AC         SEL     SEL      6119   USD                      CRWSTAR1
AC         SEL     SEL      7285   USD                      CRWSTAR2
AC         SEL     SEL      8401   USD                      CRWSTAR3
Old Aug 17, 2010, 3:19 pm

Programs: most of them
The *A website has a handy-dandy tool for itinerary planning and fare calculation

http://www.staralliance.com/en/fares/
Old Aug 17, 2010, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K+MM, AA, BA
Originally Posted by Yukonprince
Two questions...

Does anyone ever use these?

I am trying to find out if the tables below are still accurate but drawing a blank....

Thanks!

Around the world fares in US $:
Mileage
Coach
Business
First

29,000 Miles
$3,800
$7,400
$9,800

34,000 Miles
$4,400
$8,450
$11,200

39,000 Miles
$5,150
$9,950
$13,200

Listings below are samples only, the number of actual routings are only limited by the destinations you which to visit.

29,000 MILES: CHICAGO - SAN FRANCISCO - HONOLULU - AUCKLAND - CHRISTCHURCH - SYDNEY - SINGAPORE - BANGKOK - DELHI - FRANKFURT - ROME - MUNICH - MADRID - LONDON - NEW YORK - CHICAGO

34,000 Miles: CHICAGO - TOKYO - BEIJING - BANGKOK - KATMANDU -SINGAPORE - BOMBAY - FRANKFURT - RIO DE JANEIRO - BUENOS AIRES - SANTIAGO - MEXICO CITY - CHICAGO

39,000 MILES: CHICAGO - MEXICO CITY - SANTIAGO - RIO DE JANEIRO - MADRID - FRANKFURT - JOHANNESBURG - SINGAPORE - SYDNEY - AUCKLAND - HAWAII- CHICAGO

These are just a few of the possible routings, thousands of different routing possibilities can be utilized with theses fares.

Circle Pacific fares: Mileage
Coach
Business
First Class

22,000 Miles
$2,800
$4,900
$7,100

26,000 Miles
$3,400
$5,900
$8,000

29,000 Miles
$5,149
$6,300
$8,700

A circular trip around the Pacific Ocean, limited by a maximum mileage of 22,000 or 26,000 miles.

Airfare is available in First Class, Business Class and Economy Class.

Travel must originate and terminate in the same country, which must to be one of the following: Australia, Brunei, Canada or USA, China, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Philippines, Western Samoa, Singapore, Tahiti, Taiwan, Thailand, Tonga, Vietnam.

For travel to/from/via the USA or Canada, only the following cities may be included in your itinerary: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Las Vegas, Honolulu, Vancouver.

The ticket has to be purchased 7 days in advance but reservations for many sectors of the journey may be changed during the itinerary (subject to certain restrictions).

As long as the routing is not changed, most reservations may even be changed at any time (subject to certain restrictions
i called UA to check on the fares you stated above and the fares listed ex USA are much!! higher...eg Circle Pacific coach 22K miles is $4500++

Are these fares really ex US or ex some other region?
Old Aug 18, 2010, 1:15 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by acesflyer1k
i called UA to check on the fares you stated above and the fares listed ex USA are much!! higher...
This thread is still quite short, yet you obviously didn't even bother to read it through before (a) quoting the entire original long message and (b) asking a question that has already been answered in the discussion. Why did you do that?

No, these are not valid fares. The information in the original post has been established as old and out of date.

cheers,

Henry
Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Thanks for all the info everyone - busy playing with routings on the *A site!
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond
Maybe I missed it, but I cannot find fares for ex-US *A RTW. I'm interested in both economy and business. Does anyone have these or can they point me to them? TIA.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

This should give you some idea: http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...otions/rtw.jsp or http://www.airtimetable.com/star_all...orld_fares.htm
But they might not be the most recent prices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.