Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Oops! Reward Booking -- was: Standard Awards Available with just one hitch!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oops! Reward Booking -- was: Standard Awards Available with just one hitch!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down Oops! Reward Booking -- was: Standard Awards Available with just one hitch!

So, I was finally able to access my account after the pathetic conversion. I made a reservation using a standard award and was surprised to see many available flights on my travel days and thought I was good too go. I typed away and paid the fee for the reservation and then OOPS!, the flights are not available after all. Totally frustrating!

Let the revolution begin!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by mata2
So, I was finally able to access my account after the pathetic conversion. I made a reservation using a standard award and was surprised to see many available flights on my travel days and thought I was good too go. I typed away and paid the fee for the reservation and then OOPS!, the flights are not available after all. Totally frustrating!

Let the revolution begin!
At what stage were you notified the flights were not available?

Because I booked a flight on a standard award this morning. When I first stepped through the process, it takes you through the "seat finder" part, where it shows you what dates have award availability. My preferred outbound day showed unavailable so I chose the day before because it had the checkmark on it showing availability.

So I get to the next step where you pick your actual flights. Just for grins I clicked forward a day (to my preferred date of travel) and lo and behold there were about four or five flights there that were available to book with a standard award.

So I proceeded through the process. Kept getting unspecified errors at the final step. It suggested I call the 800 number which I tried about five times and got a busy signal each time--yes a busy signal! So I closed the window, re-logged on, and went through the same exact process again. Seat finder still said that award flights were unavailable for my preferred date, but when I drilled down the same flights were there. I proceeded through, paid the 911 fee with ticketless funds, and this time boom I got a confirmation number.

So based on your post I'm not sure if I really am confirmed on those flights or if yours was a totally different issue. But I am reasonably optimistic because it's been several hours now and my reservation is still there.

Has anyone else seen this before, where "Seat Finder" shows no availability for a particular date but in fact there is plenty of available flights? It makes me very glad I clicked forward a day--otherwise I would have flown the day before and wasted a day!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy

At what stage were you notified the flights were not available?
At the very final step. It all looked great through out the process of booking the flight, my dates where there, numerous flight options where there, I selected my fights and paid the fee and hit "confirm" and then the OOPS screen appeared stating that the flight was, in fact, not available.

I tried the same thing a few hours later and had the same thing happen so I called an agent and she confirmed that they were seeing no availability as well
Old Mar 2, 2011, 3:41 pm

I tried to book a Standard Award flight last night and found the availabilities. Went all the way through the process, entered credit card number for the 9/11 fee and got the OOPS screen.

I then called I-FLY-SWA and, after 30 minutes on hold, a very harried operator asked if I could call back in a few days because "the system is down and we are trying just to get today's and tomorrow's flights booked". I asked what if the flights became unavailable in a few days and she said "I don't know what to tell you." I printed my booking.

This morning, I logged in and repeated the process, getting all the way to the payment screen. This time, I paid through Paypal, thinking maybe there was a problem with their Credit card interface. When I was bumped back to the SWA site, I got another OOPS. But, I also got an e-mail confirmation from Paypal (Thanks for using PayPal. Please note that this is not a charge. Your account will be charged when the merchant processes your payment. )

Still not sure if I'm booked.

Just checked availabilities again, and nothing is available!!

So, I just used my 1 Standard award for somewhere between 0 and 3 flights. Who knows if I will actually get the flight???
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond WN CP MR Gold
Thumbs down

You have gotten farther than me! I cannot even find how to book an award using a voucher. Any suggestions? I have searched through my account and have not found anywhere to book by RR1.9 voucher. All I see is points and cash. Please advise. This really stinks. Thank you
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:26 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Bushwacker
You have gotten farther than me! I cannot even find how to book an award using a voucher. Any suggestions? I have searched through my account and have not found anywhere to book by RR1.9 voucher. All I see is points and cash. Please advise. This really stinks. Thank you
One way is:
View all next to Rapid Rewards Promotions on the Snapshot page, then
View All next to Awarded Promotions on the next page, then
Book Now.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Now to make matters worse, the standard award that I tried to book without success has disappeared off my account. This stinks!
Old Mar 3, 2011, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Bushwacker
Same problem here. Why can't SWA provide standard award booking option on the same page as points and $????
Old Mar 3, 2011, 10:09 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Standard Award Bait & Switch

Tried OW ISP-LAS with a change in BI on 3/31. Showing availability, a small miracle. Went to pay, entered everything and clicked to purchase.

This is what I got:

Seats were not available on the following segments of your itinerary: BWI - LAS. (SW900001-t83JbGXNT2OjGdJqTRjTEg)

What the F is up with this once proud airline, to borrow a phrase a few posts up?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:09 pm

This glitch is still not fixed. Same sequence as previous post. Go to finalize payment and: Seats were not available on the following segments of your itinerary: TPA - AUS. (SW900001-4sGR0-bnSLOA8RminAYLQQ)

One explanation I have heard is that senior IT folks took the Freedom 09 buyout offer to leave for greener pastures. This made for an even weaker IT department.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 1:00 pm

I've had these problems and more. Over the course of several days, I can't tell you how many "Ooops" I've seen. Like others a few days ago ALMOST booked a Rapid Rewards flight only for it to bomb out in the last step when it told me no seats were available on one leg. Other times I couldn't even log in, or Rapid Awards weren't available. Yesterday I called wishing to have an agent help me. After 45 minutes waiting I got an agent, and even HE couldn't do it. After more than another hour on hold when they attempted to fix it, they just told me they would call me back later. 4 hours later they called with my flight info.

This is bad. They need to roll back their software and maybe do some testing before they try again.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 1:09 pm

Hey - Welcome to FlyerTalk -- wish it would have been under better circumstances.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 6:14 am

Oops! Reward Booking

I can't seem to book a standard award ticket. For example I see a PVD-BWI-LAS award ticket open. I get all the way to the purchase page and I get the error:

"OOPS! Seats were not available on the following segments of your itinerary: BWI - LAS. (SW900001-eKBMCEcLSRieDajCq6r1Jg) "

I've now gotten this error on 3 different legs. I attempted to call but was on hold for 2 hours and hung up. Anyone else getting this or have a solution?

Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2011, 6:51 am

Standard awards

I had the same issue yesterday. I ended up calling SW and was told that this part of the system was not yet upgraded. The flights appeared as available for Standard award but in reality one of the legs was not. The only way i got around it was to use a Freedom award. When the system finally gets upgraded those flights will not show up and you will not be able to select them.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:36 am

Oops

Frankly, Southwest should really consider changing their stock symbol from LUV to OOPS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.