Community
Wiki Posts
Search

7/8 1:00 PM OLCI down

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2009, 1:48 pm
In Memoriam - Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest spokesperson
Hey everyone, we know there are still issues and OLCI keeps bouncing up and down. We are still working on the issue.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
What do I do?

Cannot get on line to cancel a reservation. Wanted to use the credits to buy another ticket - but not sure if I just buy one now if WN will credit me back later. Looks like I can purchase a new ticket, but need the credit from the cancellation first! And have been on hold with customer service for 10 min.

guess I will just have to keep trying on line ??
Old Jul 8, 2009, 2:06 pm

Programs: PC, WN, AA
Originally Posted by SAPMAN
What do I do?

Cannot get on line to cancel a reservation. Wanted to use the credits to buy another ticket - but not sure if I just buy one now if WN will credit me back later. Looks like I can purchase a new ticket, but need the credit from the cancellation first! And have been on hold with customer service for 10 min.

guess I will just have to keep trying on line ??
I had the same problem as you - for a reservation I booked earlier today! (Decided to change from a Fri-Sun to Sat-Mon, even after I thought I wouldn't.) Couldn't cancel, so rather than risk the cheap fares disappearing, I bit the bullet and booked a new res. SWA gets to hang onto my $100 for a while, I guess.

EDIT: I was able to cancel my original booking online around 4:40pm CDT, and the 24-hour cancellation policy should allow me to get a refund. Thanks, SWA!

Last edited by radioinsomnia; Jul 8, 2009 at 3:59 pm Reason: updated info
Old Jul 8, 2009, 2:11 pm
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Sorry I disappeared for a while - many things to do while we were having issues. After my last post in this thread, things went downhill again. I just didn't have the time to keep providing updates.

Also - this issue is being discussed in 2 different threads and I've tried to update both, but lost track at some point.

As of right now - Booking is back online, and online checkin is back online.

change and cancel are still offline.

Online checkin being down does not necessarily mean that a-list auto checkin is down. I honestly don't know if it was down or not. What I do know is that there is a 12 hour window between a-list and general checkin, and online checkin was down for far less than 12 hours - so there should be plenty of time to catchup before everyones flights.

Upcoming flights in MySouthwest are indeed affected during this outage as we have to hit the reservation system in order to populate this info, and if we can't hit the reservation system we can't populate.

If you are holding for CS&S in order to cancel, book, etc. = you should be getting the virtual hold offer. In this case you can go about your day and we will call you back when available.

We certainly appreciate your patience, and obviously did not anticipate or desire for these issues to occur.

Gotta run again -

SAPMAN - I was just told cancel is back up - so stay on hold just in case, but try to cancel online again.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Thanks. I was able to do a cancel and change ok about 5 min ago. then tried my 2nd one and could not. Could not even see my Future Itineries. Guess it is hit and miss for a while. I will keep trying.

I did get thru to Cust Serv., but system came up at same time, so did not need her.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
I imagine it's a busy day (and evening coming up) for Southwest IT management... hope they've got some good folks who thrive on bringing order out of chaos!

I had to call customer service earlier today in order to change a RR award booking coming up soon for which I just saw precious inventory open up, and didn't want to chance that inventory vanishing by tomorrow. Other than that, I'm planning to stay off the Southwest.com Web site today -- no need to add to the problems. I do have several bookings that I need to make, but since they'll be at the Anytime fare level anyway, they can wait until tomorrow. (Fares aren't going to change on me, and the flights aren't likely to sell out between now and then....)
Old Jul 8, 2009, 4:26 pm

Programs: SWA RR
What's the first thing I do when I see I can't check in at T-24? Come over here to find out why. As usual, FT didn't let me down.

The system was down for me from 2:55 (Pacific) until 3:15 or so. If I couldn't OLCI, I was hoping nobody else could OLCI. I received an A21.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 9:11 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

The vanishing/reappearing reservations problem on the itineraries page, noted above by UALOneKPlus are not unique to today's multiple system issues. I noticed the problem several times over a few days, probably starting with the recent schedule extension. Almost heart attack-inducing the first time or two it happened! After three or four times seeing it I made a couple screen captures (they are dated 25-June). I've not had a chance to prep those to include in a post here, but I can send them to SWAVictor, if he thinks they might be of any use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.