Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Cancellation emails not showing expiration dates?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2009, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K

Has anyone else noticed this? I just cancelled an itinerary (since an award space opened up!) and noticed the email didn't show when the TTF would expire. It just has a blank box.

I looked through some cancellations from earlier this year and they were there. Is it me or has anyone seen this? Any way it could be added back?
Old Jun 18, 2009, 9:07 am
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
We have been working through e-mail issues for a couple months now and have most of them resolved.

Missing data is the last piece that we are tackling, and its a slow process as it seems to be sporadic (ie: sometimes its there and sometimes its not) and affects different pieces of information (sometimes ticket numbers, sometimes expiration dates, etc.) - and it appears that it may have suddenly gotten worse before getting better.

I have a call in to our "fulfillment" IT guru now to see if we can get the expiration dates returned asap.

Will let you know when I know -

SWAVictor
Old Jun 24, 2009, 3:32 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

tusphotog, yes, I'd noticed that also. Several received today, however, (transactions late last night) did have the expiration date. I guess we'll have to watch to see whether that means it is fixed, or evidence of it being an intermittent issue as noted by SWAV.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 7:34 pm

Missing Exp dates

Thanks SWAVictor. Please tell us when you have the problem solved. It is a huge help having the exp dates on the e-mails.

Thanks for all your help on FlyerTalk. It is very much appreciated.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by milesintexas
Thanks SWAVictor. Please tell us when you have the problem solved. It is a huge help having the exp dates on the e-mails.

Thanks for all your help on FlyerTalk. It is very much appreciated.
Hey Gang!

I believe this has been resolved. I've done several test bookings/cancels myself and the expiration is now showing up on all of my cancellations.

As always, please let me know if you see otherwise.

Thanks,
SWAVictor
Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:03 am

Programs: WN:No status in 2015; UA:1K long gone (1995-2003).
I have cancelled 3 flights since 6/25/09. All three cancellation e-mails showed the funds expiration dates.

SWAVictor: When applying existing funds (can be a totally usused ticket or leftover funds) to a new reservation, however, the e-mail often shows ticket exchange and ticket number without the original PNR. (On some occassions, it does show the original PNR when leftover funds are being used.)

Example from a change I made last Friday:
Current payment(s)
07/03/09 Ticket Exchange 52621315xxxxx $79.60
07/03/09 Ticket Exchange 52621358xxxxx $16.00
Are they still working on this issue so that the prior PNR always shows when funds are reused, or is it going to stay this way?
Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Nevada1K
I have cancelled 3 flights since 6/25/09. All three cancellation e-mails showed the funds expiration dates.

SWAVictor: When applying existing funds (can be a totally usused ticket or leftover funds) to a new reservation, however, the e-mail often shows ticket exchange and ticket number without the original PNR. (On some occassions, it does show the original PNR when leftover funds are being used.)

Example from a change I made last Friday:

Are they still working on this issue so that the prior PNR always shows when funds are reused, or is it going to stay this way?
It is currently set up to show the confirmation number when it is leftover funds, and a ticket number when its a WUT (wholly unused ticket).

I'm not aware of any effort to change that right now - but will look into it and see if its possible in the new system.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:43 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Nevada1K is likely referring to a 04-June post on a different thread, which reads in part:
Originally Posted by SWAVictor
On Unused Tickets, the ticket number is used.
On partial funds, the confirmation number is used.

I'll see what it would take to go back to simply using the confirmation number all the time - no guarantees, but I'll check.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 12:17 pm

Programs: WN:No status in 2015; UA:1K long gone (1995-2003).
New confirmation e-mail NOT showing remaining funds

SWA Victor,

I had an instance yesterday where I used funds from a previously unused reservation, so this was a WUT. The original ticket price was $48.60. The newly booked reservation was a $30 base fare, a total of $40.60 with the taxes and fees. The original confirmation number would have $8.00 TTF remaining but the current payment information on the new reservation e-mail did not display this balance.

Original Purchase
Current payment(s)
06/18/09 Visa XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX $48.60
New purchase using WUT
Current payment(s)
07/07/09 Ticket Exchange 5262136xxxxxx $40.60
It is difficult enough to keep track of unused funds and I understand WN benefits from unused funds which expire... but e-mails not displaying remaining funds when less than the entire amount is used is a definite step backwards.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 12:25 pm

It's on the list of things to get resolved. No ETA as of yet.

Originally Posted by Nevada1K
New confirmation e-mail NOT showing remaining funds

SWA Victor,

I had an instance yesterday where I used funds from a previously unused reservation, so this was a WUT. The original ticket price was $48.60. The newly booked reservation was a $30 base fare, a total of $40.60 with the taxes and fees. The original confirmation number would have $8.00 TTF remaining but the current payment information on the new reservation e-mail did not display this balance.

Original Purchase

New purchase using WUT

It is difficult enough to keep track of unused funds and I understand WN benefits from unused funds which expire... but e-mails not displaying remaining funds when less than the entire amount is used is a definite step backwards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.