Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Celebrity Sightings

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2009, 11:49 am
In Memoriam - Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest spokesperson
Originally Posted by curbcrusher
Crusher, you've always struck me as the kind of guy who would be a grappler fan.
Old Mar 6, 2009, 6:03 am

Programs: WN CP
The Maloof Brothers

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/020370.html
MALOOFS MAKE SACRIFICES TOO

I've been meaning to follow up with a few notes in regards to recent coverage and offer a couple of disclaimers ...

First and foremost, the Kings aren't alone when it comes to the cutbacks we keep talking about in the paper. It truly has become a league-wide trend, and we'll likely have a larger story on that reality soon. I mentioned a few more in Tuesday's paper, and inadvertently left a relevant cutback out off the list:

The Maloofs are flying commercial.

That's right, the Kings' co-owners are done with the pricey, private jets and are bouncing in and out of airports with the rest of us when traveling from Sacramento to Los Angeles to Las Vegas and wherever else their endeavors take them. And from what I'm told, their airline of choice is Southwest.

On the downside, the security lines, baggage claim delays and tightly compacted seats certainly elicit some culture shock. But there is a positive that I can attest to, as enough flights on Southwest earns you an annual companion pass and - alas! - more savings. So long as Joe and Gavin fly together, of course.

What's more, the Maloofs have yet to make any layoffs in these tough economic times. That's more than most struggling companies can say.
Old Mar 6, 2009, 7:35 am

So........would a Maloof be a shy mom? (Ma +aloof=Maloof)
Old Mar 6, 2009, 8:45 am

Programs: Priority Club Spire Elite.,Hilton,Rapid Rewards,AA
Originally Posted by SWABrian

Old Mar 6, 2009, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by SoonerRed
My job is done here!
Old Mar 6, 2009, 12:56 pm

Programs: SWA
Originally Posted by SWABrian
Maybe a deformed expression of surprise (Mal + oof)
Old Mar 6, 2009, 1:00 pm

Thanks for the thread hijack, SWABrian.
Old Mar 6, 2009, 3:36 pm

Coolio

http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/06/coolio-busted-for-crack/
TMZ has learned Coolio has just been arrested at LAX for possession of crack cocaine.

We're told the rapper was going through a security screening to get to his Southwest Airlines flight when a screener found crack cocaine on his person. [...]

Last edited by curbcrusher; Mar 6, 2009 at 3:45 pm
Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:01 pm

Quentin Tarantino

http://brightkite.com/objects/d44e22...22003048c10834
Old Mar 30, 2009, 7:33 am

Bono on SWA

We were flying from LA (LAX) to Orlando (MCO) last week and there was Bono from U2 on our plane. We got a chance to speak few words with him. He was great and easy going. As far as we can tell, he was flying alone. My question is why was he flying SWA? I would have figured someone like him would fly first class or a private jet.

Last edited by argeeleh; Mar 30, 2009 at 9:09 am
Old Mar 30, 2009, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by argeeleh
We were flying from LA (LAX) to Orlando (MCO) last week and there was Bono from U2 on our plane. We got a chance to speak few words with him. He was great and easy going. As far as we can tell, he was flying alone. My question is why was he flying SWA? I would have figured someone like him would fly first class or a private jet.
I can think of only two reasons -
(a) it was really a look alike and not the genuine article or
(b) he cares too much about the enviroment to go private jet and SW served his schedule the best.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 10:46 am

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Originally Posted by argeeleh
...Bono from U2 on our plane....My question is why was he flying SWA?
Hey, if WN is more than good enough for me, then it should be adequate for Bono.

After all, he's no Eddie VH, Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, or Sammy Hagar.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
I can think of only two reasons -
(a) it was really a look alike and not the genuine article or
(b) he cares too much about the enviroment to go private jet and SW served his schedule the best.
I think you may be right on part (b), but for (a), it was him for sure, not a look alike. Either way, it was pretty cool to see someone with his celebrity status on our flight.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by OPNLguy
Wow, that BUR-LAX is indeed a short-haul...
I used to live in West LA and worked in Burbank. If I had the funds and my time were that important, I'd fly instead of drive too. Traffic there is crazy for much of the day. 1.5 hour commute one way was pretty typical.

I can see flying Southwest as a celebrity. Unless you charter, there isn't a better airline for a lot of them. Most are coming/going to CA. If you've seen the flight schedules for Southwest in CA, it's hard to beat the convenience. Plus, they leave on time more than most others and they don't lose your luggage as often. On short hop flights, how separated is FC really going to be anyways?
Old Apr 1, 2009, 5:28 pm

Programs: SWA Companion Pass, SWA A-list+, National Executive, Hilton Diamond
I've seen Antonio Fargas numerious times on OAK flights to and from LA and LAS. I aslos saw Howard Lederer, poker player, coming off a flight to LAS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.