Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

How does WN target one for triple credit promotions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2007, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

I know nobody out there probably knows the absolute answer to this, but I'll give it a shot.

I flew WN in 3/06 and didn't plan to fly them again, everrr.
Then in 7/06, I received a postcard in the mail giving me triple credits in/out of ISP. This is in addition to my college promotion, so I was well on my way to my CP.

From the months of July - November, I managed to fly enought to earn my CP!

As a poor college student, I still manage to fly home once everyone 2 - 3 weeks becuase WN's fares are so low!

Now, getting back to the point, should I stop flying WN for a little while in hopes of being targeted for promotions, or just fly them as usual?

And, are the targeted promotion receiptents randomly selected, or they only choose people with high activity, then suddenly stop flying?...

I'd hate to be getting a measly 2 credit per flight, when i can get 4. =)

Last edited by us1549; Apr 2, 2007 at 11:08 pm Reason: editted for spelling and grammer
Old Apr 3, 2007, 8:55 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Based on my reading of anecdotal evidence here on FT there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to the targeting of promotions, so I wouldn't stop flying WN just to try and get targeted for some promotion.
Old Apr 4, 2007, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AA EXP, WN A-List, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I've been getting triple credits...and I have NO idea why. All I know is that I'm racking up free tickets left and right. And I'm about to (within the next week) qualify for the Companion Pass for the second year in a row.

So...I'm not sure why I got picked for triple credits. But thank you!
Old Apr 4, 2007, 6:58 pm

Programs: MR & STARWOOD PLAT, HYATT & HH DIAMOND, AA EX PLAT 4.0 MM LIFETIME PLAT, WN "A" W/CP, HERTZ 5*
I too flew W/N several times per month but stopped flying when the home life got hectic. After 2 months of being grounded, I received the triple promotion. It just ended last month. I am switching to AA for a while and will see if the triple promotion offer is made again. I have a CP for the last 3 years in a row.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by auggie doggie
I've been getting triple credits...and I have NO idea why. All I know is that I'm racking up free tickets left and right. And I'm about to (within the next week) qualify for the Companion Pass for the second year in a row.

So...I'm not sure why I got picked for triple credits. But thank you!
How many credits do you need to qualify for a Companion Pass? Thanks
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:49 pm

Programs: WN CP
Originally Posted by ann patrice
How many credits do you need to qualify for a Companion Pass? Thanks
100 within 365 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.