Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New look for RR Visa

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2005, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

New look for RR Visa

I noticed on the southwest.com homepage this evening that the thumbnail picture of the Visa looked different than mine. I clicked over to the SWA Visa page and look at this, the look of the card has changed.

It has a new watermark-looking Chase logo, the RR logo is smaller, there is a mountain in the background, the card looks white (unlike the old blue-purple) and (worst of all?) it may not be slightly translucent like the last one.

The moment they send me this monstrosity I'll cancel it. Reasonable minds could differ though...

Perhaps the look has been "enhanced" like RR has been "enhanced" with capacity controls.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 12:42 am

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
Hey...

The plane shrunk.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 2:02 am

Programs: WN CP, NW Silver, HH Diamond, PC Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by iriefrank
The moment they send me this monstrosity I'll cancel it.
Come on...isn't that a little harsh!?
Old Oct 5, 2005, 4:30 am

It has a new watermark-looking Chase logo, the RR logo is smaller, there is a mountain in the background, the card looks white (unlike the old blue-purple) and (worst of all?) it may not be slightly translucent like the last one.

Gosh...if you can't see through it...who knows what we will do.........
Old Oct 5, 2005, 7:41 am

Programs: Amtrak slumbercoach value club
...the card looks white (unlike the old blue-purple) and (worst of all?) it may not be slightly translucent like the last one.
For what it's worth, the replacement Chase debit card I just got keeps the same Chicago skyline feature from Bank One (it actualy dates back to First Chicago days), but seems to add a 'sparkle' shimmer effect (along with the big Chase logo, of course) and removes the grey border trim.

May be that the folks who are in charge of the credit card department at the newly merged bank are trying to, uh, get a little too creative - or maybe they just didn't get enough arts and crafts time in grade school.

[I note that I have little room to judge here, as I'm routinely presenting a card these days with logos for Comfort Inn, Quality Inn and other questionable hotel properties on its face; at least Choice had the sense not to slap the Econo Lodge brand on there too].

Last edited by Mr. July; Oct 5, 2005 at 7:43 am
Old Oct 5, 2005, 8:06 am

Programs: United 1k ; SW A+ Preferred; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I could care less what it looks like, as long as I'm getting points.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shiwala
Come on...isn't that a little harsh!?
yes, now that i look at my OP with fresh eyes, it was a bit harsh. I still think it's much worse than the current one.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 10:39 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum,Hilton Diamond,Hyatt Diamond,WN Companion Pass, AA Plat, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by ryerflyer
Ditto!!
Old Oct 6, 2005, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by ryerflyer
You mean you couldn't care less. Sorry for correcting grammar, but that one annoys me (along with the amazingly common "loose" when "lose" is meant).

I agree that the card is uglier than before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.